Favourite picture from the week:

Olivia relaxing on the couch with a bottle of milk! I swear she looks so grown up in this photo!

The high of my week was going to another fun date night at the local brewery for board games night! This time my brother tagged along as well and it was super duper fun. My brother is getting ready to set off on a huge adventure next week, he is flying down to Georgia and hiking the Appalachian Trail (read along on his blog here) so it was fun to hang out with him before he leaves.

The low of my week was yesterday when we got another snow storm. March is coming in like a lion, it dang well better go out like a lamb! I am so so so SO done with winter.

For my workouts, I completed the following workouts:

The best money I spent was on getting our house cleaned! We had an interesting experience with said house cleaner as she ate one of our bananas without asking and this was the first time she had ever cleaned our house or we had ever met her… BUT she did a decent job cleaning and it felt so so so good to have the whole house clean for the first time in months. I can only squeeze in bits and pieces of cleaning when Olivia naps and I’d much rather use her nap times to do things like workout or write blog posts! Definitely planning to continue having a cleaner in every 4 – 6 weeks.

What I’m listening to (and loving): Stranglers, about the Boston stranglings that happened 50 years ago. I kind of burned myself out on mom podcasts (though I’m still listening to them a lot too) so it’s been fun to listen to a true crime podcast again.

What I’m watching: check out this post for all the shows I’ve recently watched. I JUST finished up The Marvelous Mrs. Maizel and plan to start Shameless next.

What I’m reading: Kitchens of the Great Midwest. I got it for sale on Kindle the other day and just started reading it. It’s really good so far but I’m very early into it!

What was the best money you spent last week and what are you reading right now?

I LOVE that pic of Olivia so so much!

Dumb question- how will your brother blog from the wilderness? Is their wifi and plugs at camp sites?

The best money I spent this week was on delicious gelato and I’m reading “The Alice Network”- well I was until I left my kindle at airport security, boo!

• Ira Yake says:

Brother here. I’ll write posts from my phone and throw them up when I get to a town that has wifi, every 3-5 days typically. That’s when I get food and more power for my phone and battery too 🙂

I adore that picture of Olivia. Such a funny little pose! Haha.

Such strange behavior from your house cleaner! Ha. But hey, at least she got your house cleaned. 😉

Let’s see… the best money I spent this week was on dinner out with my girlfriends. Much needed. And I’m currently finishing up Night Road by Kristin Hannah – a book I PROBABLY shouldn’t have read when I’m already emotionally fragile, oops.

3. Jenny says:

I am also so done with winter but it just doesn’t seem to want to go away.

The best money I spent this week was on some new sweaters from Patagonia. I’ve been wanting one of their Better Sweaters and they finally were on sale this week.

As for reading I’m just finishing up Next Year, For Sure by Zoey Leigh Peterson and I’ve also got Simon vs. The Homo-sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli on the go.

I’m sorry, but I’m laughing so hard at the fact that the house cleaner ate one of your bananas! WHO DOES THAT? So random and weird, but there have definitely been times where I’ve thought about hiring a cleaner because it’s my least favourite chore.

I’m trying to think about what I spent money on this week and I didn’t really spend any – so maybe that’s a good thing? I paid for Isla’s upcoming hot lunches at school, which are my favourite days because I don’t have to rush as much in the morning trying to get her ready to go.

I’m not reading anything right now but I have a few books on my “Want to Read” list! I find I read way more in the summer when I can sit outside in the sunshine and soak in all that Vitamin D.

5. San says:

That picture of Olivia in that big couch is so cute <3

I just finished "The two-family house" and really enjoyed it. The best money I spent recently was on a flight back home.

6. Okay that is soooo weird that the house cleaner ate a banana!!! What!?!?! Did you ask her about it? LOL, how awkward!

That picture of Olivia is adorable, and that is so cool that your brother is going on that adventure – fun!