TGIF

Happy Friday! I’m going to attempt to make it to 6:15am yoga this morning. Friday morning yoga used to be my very favourite class, we will see if I’m able to make it or not… I am typing this post up at 8:52pm on Thursday night and then planning to go to sleep!

Also, I’ve decided to rejig the TGIF post I always share on my blog so it more accurately reflects my current stage in life. I took out the ‘plans for this weekend’ section since weekends are so irrelevant to us these days and I changed my favourite podcast episode to rapid fire: what I’m reading, what I’m watching, what I’m listening to and my favourite picture from the week.

Favourite picture from the week:

I just love this picture of our little girl, she is so bright eyed 🙂

The high of my week was Eric being off work. Even though I have an insane amount of extra help via family it’s always nice to have an extra set of hands actually in the house with me 24/7. Eric also managed some of the night wake ups this week which was ah-ma-zing!

The low of my week was the lack of routine is really weighing me down. I know it is typical for an 11 week old baby and I am trying really hard to go with the flow, but I would love to be on a more regular schedule/routine for eating and naps. We are getting there, slowly but surely.

For my workouts, I completed two fitness blender workouts and two walks at the track.

The best money I spent was on date night! We had our first official date night on Tuesday. We went for dinner and then went to check out the new brewery in town, which unbeknownst to us was having a games night so we had some beer and played a board game. It was super fun. Huge thanks to my mom for babysitting.

What I’m listening to (and loving): The Longest Shortest Time. I really like the new host!

What I’m watching: This is Us. I finished Scandal yesterday and now I’m watching the last 4 episodes of This is Us Season 1 before starting on Season 2.

What I’m reading: Be Frank with Me. It’s been on my kindle forever. So far I’m enjoying it!

What was the best money you spent this past week? What are you reading?

1. Lori says:

Yay for date night!!! I love when we can get over to our local brewery for a beer! That picture makes me smile! I’m the weird one who loves pictures of her on FB, even though I’ve never met her, because she is just SUPER precious!!! I do the same thing for Aaron too 😉 Hope you enjoyed yoga this morning! Here’s to a wonderful weekend!

2. Marie-Christine says:

I really enjoy reading your TGIF serie.

I don’t think I spent “fun” money this week… Just groceries, gas and cellphone plan!
    I’ve decided to do a shopping ban for February and so far, so good! 😉

Happy Friday!

3. Lisa of Lisa’s Yarns says:

I love that picture of Olivia! She is so alert and bright eyed!! She’s such a cutie! If you made it to yoga at 6:15 then huge props to you! I’m not getting up with a newborn at night and getting to an early class like that sounds impossible! I am so tired these days as I have trouble falling asleep and get up every 2 hours to go to the bathroom!

I didn’t really spend any money is week besides documents I had to order for my condo closing. And right now I am reading ‘The Precious One’ which is a book I have had on my kindle for quite awhile!

4. Lindsey says:

You will get their with a routine! I hear you though, that was my struggle too.
    Glad you two had a date night – yayfor Grandmas!

5. I am so far behind on The Longest Shortest Time I didn’t even know they had a new host! I almost picked Be Frank With Me off my shelves for my next read since you were reading it now but I picked my book club pick since I figured I needed to get that out of the way!

Ugh, that picture of Olivia kills me. She’s such a cutie! How do you even stand it?!?!

Best money I spent this week… I don’t know. Maybe $40 to file my taxes? haha

And I’m reading The Bastard’s Bargain by Katee Robert, a fun, light romance novel, which is exactly what I need right now.

She looks so cute in her hat! I’m very jealous of your family being near by and being able to go on a date night. I need to convince both of our families to move here 🙂