Currently: October Edition

I took NO photos this weekend (it was a very very laid back weekend!) so instead of doing a weekend recap I thought I’d do a Currently post.

Reading Beartown. I spent a huge part of my weekend reading this book. It is so so good! I’m about half way through and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a 5 star read for me.

Loving our new couch. See this post for a visual. I was totally skeptical about the recliner feature (thought it was too man cave-ish) but dang is it ever comfortable!

Feeling very sore. I am at that point in pregnancy (36 weeks today) where there is starting to be A LOT of pelvic pressure and pain. It’s the worst in the night when I get up to go to the washroom, I literally have to brace myself on my nightstand as I get out of bed. The only time it doesn’t hurt is when I’m sitting, however if I sit for too long it is SO PAINFUL once I get up, so keeping up regular movement is necessary.

Thinking about when this baby is going to come! We are getting to the ‘anytime now’ point even though it could easily be another 6 weeks. I am so curious to know when/how it’s going to happen and also starting to get quite curious about whether there is a boy or girl in there. I have had very strong boy feelings since the very beginning of my pregnancy, however recently I’ve started second guessing that and thinking girl!

Anticipating being done work! Same as my last Currently post. However now I only have 2 weeks of work left instead of 5!

Watching nothing really. There are a few shows I want to start watching but I’m saving them for maternity leave. I did binge watch several episodes of Jane the Virgin a couple of weekends ago but haven’t really watched it since.

Working on wrapping things up at work. My replacement has been there for 2 weeks now and is doing really great, which takes a lot of pressure off me and I feel good knowing that I’m leaving her in a good position. It also makes things a bit slower for me right now which is great as I have lots of different prenatal related personal appointments each week.

Grateful for a very healthy and overall easy pregnancy. I have had the typical ailments like sickness in the first trimester, back pain in the 2nd and 3rd trimester, and now this awful pelvic pain – but overall it’s been a very healthy and easy pregnancy and I feel very lucky and grateful for that. And yes, I will miss being pregnant in some ways (I will do a whole post on this later) but I think that’s mostly because it took me SO long to get pregnant and was something I wanted so much and now it’s almost over, so it is feeling very bittersweet.

Listening to podcasts. I never really listen to anything other than podcasts! The Lazy Genius Podcast and the Friendlier Podcast are two newer podcasts I’m enjoying.

Wishing that October 31 would come faster and slower all at once. I feel ready to be done work and ready for this baby to be here while not feeling ready for it all at the same time!

What are you working on, watching, reading and listening to these days?

1. That pelvic pain sounds so uncomfortable! I haven’t heard anyone talk about that so didn’t know that is something to be expected! Getting up at night sounds so awful!

I’m (slowly) working on another crochet afghan but I have not been able to work on it much lately as my flares have impacted my hands. 🙁 I’m watching very little tv, too. I finished all the free Suits seasons so now I have to wait for the next season to be available! I’m reading “Silent Sister” which is kind of a mystery book. It’s a good page turner! And I’m listening to lots of Birthful podcasts which I am enjoying. I need to check out The Lazy Genius!

2. Oh pelvic pain, that does not sound like something I’m looking forward to (11 weeks today)

3. Lindsey says:

I hated the waiting part lol. I went off work early with Avery since we thought for sure she would be early – even the Drs did! And she was born on her due date lol.

4. Shoshanah says:

I totally remember that feeling of being so ready, but yet not yet ready at all. I used to tell people I knew what to do when she was inside, but has no idea how to do things after. So even though I was ready to have a baby I never actually felt prepared.

5. As a parent, one of my favorite paradigms with late-term pregnancy is the “I can’t wait for this baby to get here” time. Everyone will try to tell you what life will be like after the baby comes. Right now you think you know what you’re getting into. Then when the baby finally does get here the entire world gets turned upside down and you will ask yourself why nobody told you what it was going to be like!

36 weeks is full term, we had Ella at 36 weeks. You are good. Try to get in one last date night while it’s just the two of you, it’s a special time. I can’t wait to finally see this baby! And I’m still totally jealous of the year of maternity leave that you Canadians get. In the states, most new moms only get 4-12 weeks unpaid maternity leave.

Two weeks left at work! That’s so exciting. Home stretch, friend. <3 The pelvic pain sounds horrible, though. Ugh. Growing a human is no joke!

I'm currently working on my novel (and really trying to get serious about putting time into it, not just relying on my once-a-week writing dates), watching season two of Grace and Frankie, reading Maybe In Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid, and listening to podcasts!

7. Sam says:

Eek! This is SO exciting. It is so great (aside from the pelvic pain, ugh) to go to weekly prenatal visits from monthly ones, and start really gearing up for birth and the post natal stage! You are doing beautifully and I love reading how mindful you are about everything. You’re not missing a thing and really soaking it all up and that is lovely to read.
    I can’t wait until you get the book I amazon’d you! I’m curious to hear your thoughts and if you find it reassuring.
    Take care and enjoy the countdown to Mat Leave!

So exciting!! Two weeks left at work, wow! Sorry about the pelvic pain, ahh man. You moms are super heroes. I’ve also been listening to a ton of podcasts, I LOVE the lazy genius. And I’ve also been into Anna Faris is Unqualified and Real Talk with Nicole Antoinette. I’m basically ALWAYS on the look out for new podcasts because I go through them so quickly working from home. Downloading friendlier now as we speak!

9. TravelSpot says:

Wow, you really are on the homestretch! I obviously don’t know what it’s like, but I think CJ gave you some good advice regarding going on a nice date with just the two of you, because it will be a while before that happens again! However, on the bright side, the next time, you may be able to have a glass of wine!! 🙂

I have not been listening to Podcasts at all lately, but I have been listening to a lot of audiobooks. However, for some reason, for the last couple of weeks, my brain has not been settled enough to read or listen to books, so I have been wasting time on my phone, watching movies and feeling antsy for some reason! I don’t like it. I need to get back into the groove.

10. San says:

How long will you be able to take time off work after the baby arrives? I love that you don’t know the gender yet… that must be so much fun and anticipation 🙂

Your couch looks so comfortable! Can I come over and try it out? 🙂 I had the same sort of pain during my pregnancy with Amelia. Rolling over and getting out of bed near the end was the worst! It will go away though 🙂

12. That pelvic pain doesn’t sound fun at all 🙁

It’s so exciting that your baby will be here soon!!! I am thinking boy!!