Coffee Date

Let’s have a quick coffee date, shall we?? And yes, I’ve still been drinking my 1 (sometimes 2!) cups of coffee per day throughout my pregnancy. I have added back in creamer recently when I was drinking my coffee black for a long time. There is just something I absolutely love about that cup of coffee in the morning with delicious half-and-half cream in it turning it that beautiful rich caramel colour. Hmmmm.

If we were having coffee today I would definitely tell you about the insane snowfall we had yesterday. It broke records from 1918. We got over 20 cm of thick, wet, heavy snow. I was very happy that Eric was on day’s off as he spent over an hour shovelling our driveway, front porch and back deck!

You may recall that last year it snowed almost this much on October 1, so I will just be grateful for the extra 24 days of fall we had this year 🙂

If we were having coffee today I would tell you that I only have 4 working days left until I’m on maternity leave! I could actually probably go now, I’m really just cleaning up files and doing a few last little bits of passing stuff off. My replacement has been with me for 4 weeks now because I wanted to make sure we had enough time together in case I had to go off early and she’s handling most of the day-to-day stuff on her own now. However, it’s kind of nice to have a quieter and slower transition from work because the last two times I’ve moved on from jobs it’s been a bit frantic so I will just enjoy the next 4 days at a leisurely pace.

If we were having coffee today I might mention that I started reading the new Dan Brown book yesterday. Eric is a big Dan Brown fan so went and bought it and I thought I might as well pick it up. So far I’m really enjoying it and I think it will be one of those guilty pleasure type reads for me. I also just finished reading All the Ugly and Wonderful Things yesterday morning which was a very disturbing, but very well written, book.

If we were having coffee today I would tell you that this may be mine and Eric’s last weekend off together just the two of us. It seems so strange to say that! Because of Eric’s work schedule, his next weekend off is November 18/19, which is 5 days after our due date. So yes theoretically that could be our last weekend off together too, but we are going into this weekend kind of expecting this to be it. We don’t really have too many plans, we have our last prenatal class on Saturday morning and we are going to get pictures hung in the baby’s room and really just try to soak up our time together just the two of us. Probably will go out for breakfast or dinner or to a movie or something but I’m not entirely sure yet. With his crazy work schedule over the last year it’s honestly just so nice for us both to be at home at the same time even if we aren’t ‘hanging out’ so I will just enjoy that.

If we were having coffee today I might tell you I got a new iPhone last week. We were able to get a great deal through an employee purchase plan at our company and I wanted to take advantage of it before going on maternity leave so got an iPhone 8 Plus. It’s weird getting used to having such a big phone but it’s also so nice to have a new phone as my old one was getting very slow.

And to wrap up the post, here is a random photo of the sunset from last night, so pretty 🙂

If we were having coffee today, what would you tell me?

1. Cara says:

I am sooooo excited for the two of you! I cannot wait to “meet” your sweet babe. Soak up and enjoy your time together!

Great timing to get a new phone so you can take pics of that baby soon!!!! SO SO EXCITED.

3. TravelSpot says:

Wow, that’s a lot of snow! I definitely do not miss shoveling snow; I used to have to do it all the time when I was a kid and it was not fun. We would get a day off of school because there was so much snow, but it would never be a relaxing day off; we would be put to work! Now my new nemesis is the leaves though. I have a maple tree in the front yard which sheds leaves from September to January and then throws these little spiky balls (seeds) everywhere after that. So it’s essentially 6 months of cleaning up after the tree every week! But it’s very pretty, just like the snow!

I can’t wait to meet baby H! I hope that he/she comes sooner rather than later, so that you have as much time as possible to spend with the baby before you have to go back to work. No sense “wasting” time off waiting! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you!

4. That new phone is going to fill up quickly! I can’t believe we are already here, well almost here! I was five days late with Emery and boy was I ready. I hope you don’t go super late.

5. Lindsey says:

I cannot believe all the snow you guys got – crazy!!!
    Enjoy your last weekend with just the two of you (hopefully!)!

I would tell you that I’m so glad it’s Friday. That I love my new iPhone 8 (I had the 6 and it was also slow and weird and didn’t hold much of a charge anymore). That I’m looking forward to a quiet-ish weekend with D. I’m hoping to get some things done around the house that I’ve been eyeing for awhile.

So exciting that Baby H will be here soon! <3

7. Oh wow – that snow!! We haven’t had any yet (*knocking on wood), and it’s been warm! Like +16 at the end of October kind of warm! I’ve been loving it 🙂

I am so excited for you guys that the baby is almost here!!!!!!!

So much snow! That’s so insane to me. We just got “colder” temps this week in Florida (60s, ha!) and we’re all losing our minds with happiness. It feels SO good.

I can’t believe it’s nearly time for your maternity leave. You’re entering such a new fun phase of your life soon. Eeks! Yay!

9. I hope you are enjoying your new phone! I have a 5s that is still going strong so I am trying to hold off on upgrading for a bit longer! I have been surprised by how long this phone has lasted. My 3 did not last nearly this long!

I am glad you get to sort of ‘slide’ into your last days at work instead of feeling like it’s really frantic and rushed! I am not sure what to expect for my transition to mat leave. I don’t think they are going to hire someone while I am gone so it it going to be interesting as I have been so busy over the last 6 months and I don’t see it slowing down…

If we were having coffee we would talk about our awesome Asheville getaway and baby stuff since that’s all that’s on our brains these days!! It’s been really fun to be pregnant at the same time as you!