New House Tour

Hello, hello!

The last couple of weeks have been crazy busy moving into our new home. We have now been sleeping over here for almost 2 weeks and as of this weekend we finally, and officially, moved the last of our things over. Hallelujah! Β Just some cleaning is left at our old place. Oh, and the garage at our new place is CHOCK FULL of stuff to be unpacked and put away. One step at a time though. The kitchen, living room and master bedroom are all unpacked which I guess are the most important parts.

So, onto the tour πŸ™‚

Here is the entry way when you first walk in the front door… The door to the right takes you down to the basement and then going straight down the hall takes you up to the main living area. That little door you can see two the left takes you into the mudroom where there is some built-in shelving, a door out to the garage and a 1/2 bath with a sink and toilet.

It’s a nice big open concept kitchen / dining room / living room, which we love!

The stairs on the far left of the above photo go up to the bedrooms – master bedroom, two spare rooms, and a laundry room.

Top of the stairs, the doorway on the left goes into the master bedroom.

Another angle from the top of the stairs. The master bedroom is to the right of this photo and the laundry room is right there at the top of the stairs. This is the first time I’ve ever had laundry on the same floor as the master bedroom – luxurious!!

I only took a picture of one of the extra bedrooms upstairs because they all look the same πŸ™‚

Master bedroom.

First time ever having a TV in the bedroom too…. LOVE IT!! I spent an insane amount of time in bed watching Homeland this weekend πŸ™‚

Possibly my favourite part of the entire house… the window seat in our bedroom! Love love love it.

Another favourite feature, the double sinks in the master bedroom ensuite <3

And finally the basement, if you scroll back up to the very top photo remember how I said the door on the right goes down to the basement? Well here it is..

We have a few more things in the basement now, these pictures were taken when we very first took possession.

And that’s it! It’s wonderful to have so much space. We gained about 600 square feet over our rental that we lived in for the last 9 months and about 900 square feet over our townhouse in Kamloops. Pretty exciting to have so much space. We actually have a few cupboards in the kitchen with nothing in them! We’ll see how long that lasts πŸ˜‰

Hopefully now that I’m feeling more settled in the new home I will be able to get back to regular blogging again!

1. Marie-Christine says:

It looks great!!! Totally my style! Is it a new construction? If not, it totally looks brand new! πŸ˜‰
    Love the space!

2. San says:

Oh Amber! I love EVERYTHING about your new home. It’s lovely and totally my style!! πŸ™‚ And that window seat in your bedroom…!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

3. Lindsey says:

It is beautiful and love your window seat too!!

It’s GORGEOUS! That window seat is amazing. Ah, I have house envy!!

5. Lauren says:

I love the new place! It’s super cute and I like how fresh it looks with all of that grey and white and black.

6. Beautiful!!! I love your new space. You have so much space! I love the open floor plan. And that is awesome that the laundry is on the same level as the master suite. That’s so awesome. Ours is in the basement so super inconvenient!! But our upstairs is so tiny as we have a 1.5 story house. I just love how clean and fresh your house looks since it’s brand spanking new! The wall colors are beautiful and I love your kitchen! That is awesome that you have empty cupboards!!

I never did show any pictures of our house after I moved in. It doesn’t feel very ‘permanent’ since I know we will be looking for something in the next year or so. And I don’t like some of our furniture but I know it makes the most sense to wait until we have our next place to upgrade our furniture. So while I do really like our house (especially the location), I’m looking forward to buying something together!! But I am excited to show it to you in May!!

Perfect!! Even though it still seems like you have a lot of filling to do, you’ll fill it! Trust me, we jumped up about 1,000 more square feet and even though we aren’t unpacked all the way, it is filling up fast!!!

8. Susan says:

Beautiful home! Congratulations!! The paint colour, upstairs laundry room and double sinks all look amazing. When we gained 900 square feet we tried not to fill our home with furniture and so far, it’s worked out. I love having a lot of open space!

I absolutely LOVE your new house. I think I’ve already told you about my obsession with the window seat. The best. I also love the open concept. We have that in our new house too and I love everything about it. It’s also so nice to have more space! I have some empty cabinets and drawers too and I’m trying to keep it that way!

10. Love it!! So so beautiful and modern looking! I love window seats they are so much fun and really add personality to a room.

11. Alison says:

It’s beautiful Amber! I LOVE the layout. That window seat is amazing!!

12. Fantastic! That will serve your family well for a long time. I absolutely love it.

Oh, my goodness, I am drooling over that window seat. I have wanted a window seat ever since I was a little girl. Love, love, love.

I still haven’t done a house tour of my apartment… and I moved in 6 months ago, haha. It doesn’t feel quite “ready” since I STILL don’t have stuff hung up on the walls. Maybe someday I’ll get around to that!