TGIF Weekend Edition!

I actually think I prefer doing these TGIF posts as a way to look back on my weekend ūüôā

The high of my weekend was hmmm, it was just all around a pretty decent weekend. Probably the high of my weekend overall was starting off Friday by working from home. I had a bunch of meetings in town and in between I just worked on my laptop at home and I was SO productive. It made me feel really good heading into the weekend and much less guilty about relaxing lots this weekend. Another high of my weekend would be lots of quiet time. I spent a good 2 hours in this chair reading my book and drinking coffee on Saturday morning, it was blissful.

IMG_5228

The low of my weekend¬†definitely Eric working and on night shift to boot. We are seriously ships passing in the night … errrr morning? … when he is on night shift and it can be really tough. Thank god he is done on Tuesday for his week off and we can hang out next weekend!

A podcast I loved was the¬†podcast Offshore. I started listening last week and I am devouring it! If you are fan of Serial or In the Dark you definitely have to listen to this podcast. It is exploring two different murders that happened in Hawaii 80 years apart and is going into some of the social and racial tensions that exist in Hawaii as well as the history of the islands. I have visited two Hawaiian islands and absolutely love Hawaii so it’s been a super interesting podcast to listen to. Plus I love the mystery / suspense¬†style podcasts.

For my workouts I completed¬†on Friday morning I got up at 5:15 so I could do my Fitness Blender workout from 5:30 – 6am. It was a full body dynamic strength workout and had me dripping sweat. Then I went to yoga from 6:30 – 7:30am. Saturday night I went to the free karma yoga at my studio with two friends and they both loved it. And finally Sunday morning I once again hit up yoga, this time for a 75-minute class, it was an extremely strong flow on Sunday morning and I was absolutely dripping sweat, which felt so good. So ya, I did a lot of yoga this weekend ūüôā

The best money I spent was¬†$65 on a pedicure Saturday afternoon. I hadn’t had a pedicure since last July and oh my goodness my feet were in BAD shape. The lady even spent an extra 20 minutes on them past the normal 60 minute timeline, which was so nice. I also was able to read my book the entire time and just sit there and relax¬†some more.

My plans this week include¬†I have a bit of a busy week ahead of me. It’s week #3 of Whole30 and I am heading to Vancouver for meetings on Thursday morning. I will be there all day Thursday and half the day Friday¬†so I’m feeling a bit nervous about traveling and eating Whole30, but hopefully I can figure it out. I plan to bring some fruit, nuts and lara bars with me to have on hand for back-up. Other than that, I am planning on going cross-country skiing on Monday night with a new ladies drop-in group I joined for the first time last week, teaching spin (I teach Mon & Wed mornings now), and going to yoga at least once or twice before going to Vancouver. It will be a busy week!

What was the high of your weekend, what workouts did you complete this weekend and what are your plans for this week? ūüôā¬†

1. erin says:

i brought smoked salmon and some hard boiled eggs with me when i traveled for work. it was helpful for breakfast! since the breakfast literally had all carbs and fruit.

2. Lisa of Lisa's Yarns says:

Good luck traveling while on whole 30! I hope it goes ok! Good plan to have lots of snacks on you!

Your weekend sounds great aside from the not seeing Eric part! Way to go on your workouts and all the yoga you did. That is awesome!!

The high of my weekend was going to Jerry Seinfeld with Phil. We laughed a lot which is what we both needed!! For workouts, I got up early on friday to do my core de force workouts before work. Then Saturday morning I did another set of workouts. I’m in the last week of the program so it’s all double workouts which take about an hour! Tomorrow is my last day. It’s been a great program but I am ready for something different!

3. caz says:

I went to the Island with some friends for a change of scenery and a running holiday. It was great fun. We ran 6km both Sat and Sun, did some yoga/stretching and went to the pool for a hot tub/sauna. Also managed to fit in some awesome meals and an afternoon exploring some caves.

Whole 30 in Vancouver should be pretty easy unless you have zero control of which restaurants you choose. Where are you staying? If there’s a Whole Foods near by it shouldn’t be a problem to find fruit/nuts/seeds/veggies/meats that fit Whole30. Also almost every restaurant should have at least one salad and main that can be made Whole30, and no one really rolls their eyes if you make a few requests and ask questions. It’s pretty normal in this city (or just call me and come over for dinner ūüėČ haha)

Sounds like a great weekend! Oh man, I haven’t had a pedicure in forever and could really use one. Might have to treat myself on Friday on my day off!

5. Abigail says:

Traveling on Whole 30 can be tricky – but sounds like you are well prepared! And you are kind of becoming a W30 veteran!!

I started making my own Larabars recently. I have 5 different recipes and just love them!! And they are so easy!

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Having a spouse on opposite shifts is brutal. I hate when Ryan works nights. 1) I work from home, and I’m really bad at being quiet. 2) Total ships passing in the night. It’s definitely a challenge – and makes the time you get together very productive!!!

Sounds like you have lots of great yoga opportunities in the new place you live! That is awesome! I did a powerflow yoga on Saturday with my girlfriends, and then a 20 mile run (from hell) on Sunday! I really feel like doing yoga 1-2 days/week has been such a help for me this training cycle!

i have been in a passing ship and it is hard. Some days I was happy to have the quiet time and was able to get things done, but it got really hard and annoying after a while. We could never do anything Friday nights and I had a hard time staying up. Then we added Emery and I had to beg him to switch because I was alone for too long

Last night I had an epiphany about working out and getting back on track with my eating. I have been pretty much a dumpster when it comes to food and I think my body is telling me it is time to make a change. I wish it wasnt so hard to get started

I treated myself to a pedicure this weekend, too! It was so very needed. Best part of my weekend was attending the Women’s March in St. Pete. It was such a positive experience!