From a sunburnt back to freezing feet in 7 days; life in the north!

Hi hi hi!

You will all have to bear with me as I try to adjust to this whole move thing. Not only are we adjusting to a huge, huge move but we are both also adjusting to new jobs and new schedules. At my old job I worked 8:30-4:30 and now I work 8-5. Trust me, that extra hour on the day makes a difference! That said, we now live in a much, much smaller city (town?) so my commute is only about 5 minutes one way so I do go home for lunch every day, but still, it’s been an adjustment all around. I have also started teaching spin classes from 6-6:45am twice a week and going to a bootcamp class once a week at the same time. That coupled with the fact that Eric leaves for work at 5:45am means the alarm goes off very early for us in the mornings! So by the time I get home from work at 5, walk the dog and eat dinner it’s basically time for bed!

Anyways, enough with the excuses of why I haven’t been blogging. Here are a few photos to show you all what my new life in the north looks like 🙂

Last weekend, May 14/15:

IMG_0580

IMG_0562

We spent the entire weekend outside! Saturday my cousin and I went to yoga and then walked to the Farmer’s Market, met up with my other cousins wife and their kids – literally spent the whole day outside. On Sunday, we went down to the river with Eric’s sister and her family and my cousin and his family and spent the entire day at the river. Kids in bathing suits, me in shorts and a tank top (and sweating). It was insanely beautiful and hot. In fact, I ended up with quite the sunburn at the end of the weekend despite continually applying SPF 40.

Anndddd…. this morning (May 20):

IMG_0613

It’s actually a good thing though (believe it or not) because we’ve had some very out of control wildfires up here already this spring so the precipitation (even if it is in the form of snow) is going to help calm those down.

Yup, welcome to #lifeinthenorth. Enough said, eh? 🙂

Ok, so that is my quick little update. I am going to try and get back to regularly posting and reading blogs again soon. Hope everyone is doing well! xoxo

That’s so awesome that you are so close to your family and can spend lots of time with them! What is Eric doing for his new job?

Totally get the early mornings mean exhaustion at the end of the day! I hope you are liking your new job so far. It definitely looks like you’ve been having fun with family!

3. Emilie says:

I work 8-5 and so badly wish I could cut my lunch break to go in an hour later or get out an hour earlier! I do spend my lunch break going to the gym, but I prefer morning workouts and would love to go before work – I just can never get up early enough to make it to the gym and work by 8.

Your weather reminds me of CT weather except in April, not May. I don’t think I’ll ever complain about April snow again after seeing this!!

4. Dang that is a crazy change in weather! We had a weird cold snap here and some parts of MN got snow last week (but not much). Luckily we didn’t get snow but it was so dang cold! Luckily the weather is back to normal and it’s going to be gorgeous this weekend. I guess volatile weather like what you’ve had teaches you to appreciate the beautiful days!

When I saw that photo of the snow I was seriously sad/happy. The north soooooo needs coolers, wetter weather right now! But how typical of the long weekend having cruddy weather. Hope it melts soon and the sun comes back!

6. San says:

Getting into a new routine always takes time… no need to apologize 😉

And this is officially CRAZY weather. We just had some snow in the Sierras again, too.

I can’t believe how crazy the weather is there! Nuts.

Adjusting to a new town and a new job and a new schedule – OY VEY! That’s a lot to deal with and I hope you’re giving yourself lots of grace during this time. <3 We're happy for any little pop-ins you can do for your blog, but definitely understand what a crazy time this is!

8. […] the snow on Friday? Well this was the weather yesterday. So amazing! We went for a really beautiful hike with my […]

9. Ugh, I hear ya! Saskatchewan is brutal for drastic weather changes. I hate it.