TGIF!

Time for another TGIF post! This is such a great series :)

chloe on cushions

Oh, and because I can’t not have a picture, here’s a cute one of Chloe. We got new couch cushions this week so Chloe got our old ones added to her bed. Lucky dog!

The high of my week was was a really great morning trail run with Eric and an outdoor yoga class with my brother. It was his first time ever doing yoga!

The low of my week was the dark mornings have put a major damper on my morning workouts. Twice this week I’ve woken up for a run or workout and gone back to sleep because it’s soooo dark still at 5:30am. It doesn’t start to get light until after 6am right now and it makes it really hard to get out of bed for morning workouts. Doesn’t feel like very long ago that I was bounding out of bed because it was so bright out in the mornings!

A blog post I loved was I loved Jessica’s post about what she’s struggling with right now. I love it when people are real on blogs and I could totally relate when she referenced taking on too much and struggling with priorities. Also, not a blog post, but if you only watch one #ALSIceBucketChallenge video watch this one. Very, very powerful.

For my workouts, I completed so far I’ve done a T-25 workout, a yoga class, a trail run, a Group RX (like body pump) class and Jillian Michael’s Yoga Inferno DVD. I’m planning on doing another 1-hour trail run this morning!

The best money I spent was definitely the money I spent on some house stuff. Not only did we get some new couch cushions (our old ones were really trashed, which is why Chloe got them) but we also got a new mirror for our bathroom and hung our old mirror in the hallway. Mirrors really do make spaces feel bigger and I love the small changes we made!

My plans this weekend include nothing solid – thank god! But my ‘loose plans’ include a couple of yoga classes, a long run, a trip to the Farmer’s Market, organizing our spare bedroom, reading my book, a video chat with Lisa and probably an afternoon of fishing and kayaking. I am sooooo glad to have a relatively unplanned weekend ahead of me, you have no idea!

What was the highlight of your week? Link me to the best blog post you read this week!

Best blog post I’ve read this week: http://www.coffeeandcrumbs.net/blog/2014/8/21/bad-math

Also, “…yoga classes, a long run, a trip to the Farmer’s Market, organizing our spare bedroom, reading my book, a video chat with Lisa and probably an afternoon of fishing and kayaking,” is NOT an unplanned weekend. Just FYI :)

Happy Friday!

2. I haven’t really done much blog reading this week as I haven’t been around much on the weekends so I don’t have any blog posts to share. :/ But I will have to check out the one you posted! I also like it when other bloggers are real and share what they are struggling with.

The highlight of my week was celebrating Phil’s birthday on Monday! He really liked his gifts which made me happy since I put a lot of thought into them. Nice work on your workouts – there is a lot of variety to them which is great. This week has been kind of a meh week for me in terms of workouts. I’ ran twice but both were shorter and really difficult due to how humid it’s been here this week. Besides that I went to yoga and did 2 strength training workouts so I have fit in a decent amount but I think the shorter runs make me feel like I haven’t been active enough this week.

I’m sad about it getting darker in the mornings too… wah!

I’m glad you have an unplanned weekend ahead of you. I mainly just have a swimming date with Caroline and a park date with some friends on Sunday. I also have Max occupied with Eric’s mom for several hours on Saturday so hopefully a lot of stuff productive is going to happen then ha ha

I’m really sad about the mornings getting darker too, I’m already waking up in the dark which is such a bummer! The high of my week was spending the day in Nantucket with my family. I’m also looking forward to a relatively unplanned weekend, too. The only thing I have is swimming plans with Kel as she said above haha! And reallllyyy hoping to catch up on some work since I was gone pretty much all of this week and last weekend!

The highlight of my week was definitely getting my new bed frame on Wednesday! I absolutely loooove it!

And which it wasn’t really a blog post, that ALS video was probably the best thing I saw on the internet this week. Powerful stuff, and I’m so glad that it’s brought so much attention to ALS and what it is.

Best blog post was the one I linked to on my blog: http://www.lifelessbullshit.com/take-action/ It was a really powerful, eye-opening post for me!

The highlight of my week was attending a Dolphins game and having a great one-year review at work!

I miiiight have to agree with Becky on your “unplanned” weekend, ha! That sounds like a busy weekend to me! But I can see what you mean, and I hope it’s a restful one for you!

I’m horrible at expanding and reading my blog horizons these days so thank you for sharing one I must read!

Highlight of my week: time with family Sunday night and Monday before they all left.

It’s nice to have the option or not to do things on the weekends!

8. Thank you so much for sharing my blog post! It was incredibly hard to publish, but I’m so glad I did!

It sounds like you have a pretty packed, but FUN and relaxing weekend. Enjoy! xoxox

9. Melissa says:

Oh this is a fun post idea! I’m with you though on the whole getting darker thing. I’m really not looking forward to waking up in the dark and coming home in it too. Definitely the worst part of winter :(