Awesome long weekend!

What an awesome long weekend it was in these parts. Awesome but also oh so busy! It all started on Friday night when Eric and I went to the local pow wow that happens every August Long Weekend. It was super fun and we ate some yummy bannock and saw some really beautiful costumes and dancing. Unfortunately it was also 38 C / 100 F at 7pm so we only lasted about two hours before we were both simply too hot and sweaty to stay any longer.

Saturday morning I was up bright and early to head to Penticton for my friend/coworker/work wife Geralyn’s bachelorette party! We spent Saturday afternoon wine tasting along the Naramata Bench and it was so so so fun! I have never been wine tasting before and I had the best time. It was also fitting because Geralyn’s wedding is at a winery in October!

IMG 2391

After four hours of wine tasting we headed back to the hotel and got ready for a fun night out that included lots of dancing and silly dares.

Me and the bride-to-be:

IMG 2444

Also, how stunning is this view of the sunset in Penticton?

IMG 2405

Sunday morning after a yummy brunch me and two other girls made our way back to Kamloops. Eric’s parents are visiting us right now so we spent Sunday afternoon fishing and kayaking on a nearby lake with them! This little flock of ducks followed my mother in law around when she was out in the kayak, it was so funny.

IMG 2423

Even though yesterday was an extra day off it was a busy, busy one for us. It started early when Eric and I were out the door by 6:20am for a 10km trail run. Gotta beat the heat! Then in the early afternoon we headed out to another nearby lake with Eric’s parents, my dad and my brother for some more fishing and kayaking (sadly no pictures this time) then we finished up the day with a couple of hours of swimming in my mom’s pool. My mother in law even went down the slide head first!

IMG 2442

Things that did not happen this weekend; exercise (other than the run yesterday morning), healthy eating or enough h20 consumption, cleaning, laundry and meal prep. I am definitely ending the weekend feeling very un-organized for the week. Luckily it’s only a two day week for me and I am going to spend the next two days trying to be super healthy and play some catch-up before I do it all over again and spend four days camping on the Shuswap. Oh well, life is meant to be lived and this is what summer is for right? Right :)

Happy Tuesday!

How was your long weekend? Or if it wasn’t a long weekend for you, how was your weekend?

Those little ducks are hilarious!! Your MIL seems amazing, I don’t think I’d ever slide into a pool head first, lol!

My weekend was surprisingly eventful, including a mini-pool party, paddle boarding, garden raiding and window shopping. Not a bad way to celebrate BC!

2. YES – this is how life was meant to be lived! 5 months or 5 years from now you’ll remember the fishing and kayaking and wine tasting and seeing you MIL go head-first-down-the-water-slide but you won’t remember that you didn’t do laundry or meal prep. I say this knowing that most weeks you make time for all of those things, so it’s totally OK and important to have weekends that are all about having fun. I am glad you had such a wonderful long weekend!

It wasn’t a long weekend for, but it was a wonderful one. It was the perfect balance of having things to do but also having downtime. This coming weekend is a long weekend for me as I am taking Friday off to head up to my parents’ lake home and I can’t wait! I hope the weather is nice so I can be outdoors as much as possible. I won’t meal plan, my workouts might be meh but I will soak up the time with family.

3. Alli says:

That looks like such a fun weekend! Wine tastings are so fun and a great bachelorette party activity. I much prefer that kind of thing to a strip show and mechanical bull (call me crazy).

I’m on summer Fridays right now where I work longer hours M-Th and then have Fridays off so it was a long weekend for me too. I got a great haircut on Friday so I was feeling good. Chris and I finally had some much needed down time so we cleaned and organized and I successfully made homemade ice cream. On Sunday we went to a small family reunion with Chris’s dad’s cousins which was really nice. All in all it was a really nice weekend.

What a weekend!

Bachelorette days/nights out are so fun, nothing like them sometimes.

Sounds fun to me and yes, life is for living and summer is exactly for this kind of fun stuff. Glad you have a short week!

I can’t remember the last time I went down a slide at a pool; looks fun and oh so refreshing =)

Sounds like a fun weekend! What a gorgeous shot of Penticton…I’m jealous and want to go back!

That sounds like an incredibly fun weekend! A wedding in a winery sounds so pretty!

I say it’s okay to throw out the meal planning and cleaning and exercise and eating well for one fun weekend. You don’t make it a regular occurrence, so every once in a while, it’s nice to cut loose and not worrying about the schedule for once. :)

(Also, that pool looks like it belongs on Big Brother with that one lone rubber ducky floating on it. HA.)

7. Ris says:

That sounds like such a fun weekend! I agree–that’s the stuff of life. Laundry will always wait :)

8. Caz says:

Awesome long weekend! I went on an overnight kayaking trip with a friend and it was so much fun! The perfect combo of relaxing and adventure. Plus I’ve never been on a kayak trip before. I’ve done lots of day-long kayaking and overnight canoe trips in the past.

Glad you had fun. xoxo

I can’t believe that was your first time wine tasting! How are we friends? haha… kidding. But seriously, do that more. Don’t you have a lot of wineries up near you? or did I just make that up?

10. Vanessa says:

BANNOCK! My favourite thing! <3

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I love your little ducky entourage. :D

11. Lindsey says:

What a fun idea for a stagette!
    Love the sunset pic, my MIL just moved to Kaleden, which is near Penticton I think. They are loving it there.
    Enjoy the Shuswap, I miss our holidays there, we used to go houseboating every summer there since Chad’s Dad owned a couple houseboats.

12. You need to come visit so you can do lots of wine tasting and craft beer tasting! Love the stuff around us! I had a lot of fun hanging out and doing a lot of reading and relaxing!

Sounds like an awesome weekend! I agree, live is meant to be lived : ) Especially during the summer! I can’t believe you’ve never been wine tasting, it’s only my favorite activity haha. My weekend was super busy I had a wedding about a 3+ hour drive away on Saturday and then had friends in town the rest of the weekend.

14. Travel Spot says:

Looks like a great time. I love that your MIL seems like she’s up for anything! I feel like the summer weekends are flying by so quickly and will be gone before we know it. I did not have a long weekend last weekend and spent all of my weekend studying, but just passed my exam and so this weekend is going to be one big party! Actually we are going camping, which is right up my alley!

15. [...] I went wine touring for the first time during my coworkers bachelorette party. [...]