What I’m Watching Lately

Taking a break from my usual weekend recap + workout recap this Monday morning to talk about something totally different — what I’m watching lately! I am a pretty avid TV watcher and I enjoy watching TV series on Netflix where I can watch episode after episode in a row. Here are a few shoes I’m watching (aka obsessed with) lately. I don’t make as much time during the week to keep up with my “stories” (as Eric calls them) but I can spend hours on the weekends catching up, especially right now when my weekends have been so quiet!

Scandal

Scandal1

I had heard from a few people that this show was amazing and I started watching it a few weeks ago, just after Christmas. It definitely took me a few episodes to get into. Actually the whole first season was a little iffy for me but now as I finish off the second season I’m 100% obsessed. It has the perfect mix of romance, drama and action for me. I am going to be so sad when I finish off season two. Stephany is also watching it and it’s fun to message back and forth with someone about all the drama and twists and turns!

Sister Wives

Sister wives season 4

I have seen people talking about this show on Twitter for awhile but just recently started watching it with Eric when we discovered it on Netflix. This is one of those shows where I cannot pull myself away. I have to admit that I originally thought that polygamy was so strange and “messed up” but after watching 1.5 seasons of Sister Wives I’m definitely opening my mind a bit and realizing that even though it’s not something I’d ever ever want, it can obviously work for some people.

As a side note, I would love to work at TLC. How cool would it be to find all these people for the shows they air. That channel has some OUT THERE stuff on it but they do such a great job portraying it to the world in an open-minded way. What I always wonder is how do they find these people??

Downton Abbey

Downtonabbey

I started watching Downton Abbey last year and devoured the first three seasons. I have to admit I’m finding the fourth season to be off to a bit of a slow start, but the lives of the Crawleys and their servants is still so fascinating to me. I quite enjoy ending my weekends curled up on the couch with a cup of tea watching the latest episode!

Lone Survivor

Wahlberg lone survivor opt

Not a TV show obviously but I saw the movie Lone Survivor with my mom this weekend and I can’t recommend it enough. A really excellent movie that is based on a true story. My only complaint is that I would have been interested in seeing more about the lives of the soldiers and I think all the gun fighting could have been cut down a bit. I really want to read the book now after seeing the movie even though I usually hate doing it in that order.

What have you been watching lately? What TV series or movies do you recommend?

Image sources:

Scandal / Sister Wives / Downton Abbey / Lone Survivor

1. I don’t have Netflix so as a result, I am not a big tv watcher, but I used to have it years ago and a show I was obsessed with was Felicity. I think if I was in a relationship, I would probably watch more shows as that is something you can do together as a couple… The shows I watch now are Parenthood and Top Chef. I also will put How I Met Your Mother on in the background when I am working on other things but I don’t pay close attention to it because this last season has been SUCH a disappointment!

I do want to check out Downton Abbey though as I hear nothing but great things!!

Lately I’ve been into Grey’s Anatomy, Nashville, New Girl.. I don’t watch a ton of TV but always love having a few go-to shows for when I’m too tired to do anything else

DUDE. Scandal. That’s all I have to say.

4. Abby says:

I really wish we had Netflix. I’ve heard so much about Downton Abbey – and would like to see it. We saw Lone Survivor, and I agree – incredible movie. And yes, I was interested too in their lives and families. I wonder if the book expands on that more? I really want to read it!

5. Jaclyn says:

I have heard nothing but good things about scandal and hope to watch it this summer. Shonda Rhimes never seems to disappoint.

Downtown Abbey is on my list of things to watch on Netflix just waiting for school to be a little less busy.

I saw the interview on 60 minutes I believe from the soldier that survived the battle in Lone Survivor. Such a sad story and I feel so bad for him.

We just watched Captain Phillips this weekend and it was a GREAT movie! Even though I knew the outcome, I was still on the edge of my seat the whole time. And the end……man. Tom Hanks was awesome in it.

Right now I am obsessed with Parenthood, but have only watched it here and there. Now we have it on demand and I am trying to catch back up. I am almost done with season 2.

7. Ris says:

I LOVE Downton Abbey, although I’ll be interested to see where they go with this season. I’m also really into Sherlock right now and I’m so glad it’s back on.

8. Scandal is my favourite show! I’m counting down until it’s back at the end of Feb. I need my fix!!

I saw Lone Survivor a few weeks ago and LOVED it. It was so intense, but so well done.

I was late to the game on Scandal and got caught up a few months ago. Totally trashy but love it! Recently started watching The Shield. It’s SO good!

10. I actually haven’t seen any of those shows! I’m watching mostly TED Talks on Netflix.

As you know I’m working my way through Scandal, too! Gosh, I really love that show!! It’s been fun discussing the show with you. 🙂

I watch a TON of TV, but my favorite shows are probably Nashville, Parenthood, Revenge, Modern Family, and The Mindy Project.

Nathan’s got me into Dr. Who. He’s been watching it for awhile but I just started the first series after Christmas.

I just started episode one of Scandal the other night; I’m intrigued but I haven’t finished it yet. I have to be in the mood for some of my shows. D and I LOVE Psych, White Collar (both available on Netflix) and I have been watching 30 Rock & Parks and Rec. Oh, and the West Wing. Which is my favorite and makes me want to go to DC straight away.

My brother is reading the Lone Survivor book; he said it’s pretty interesting so far, full of angst which makes sense. I don’t know if I can watch the movie; I don’t do well when I know the outcome of things, especially sad ones.

14. I love scandal and it’s my #1 show. I also watch Sister Wives and my husband hates it. I think it’s def opened my mind to their lifestyle even though I disagree with it. One thing that I have used it for though is to mention to people that with gay marriage becoming legal, polygomy should become legal too in the not too distant future. My brother in law has a huge problem with this, even though he is pro-gay marriage. And I tell him, if we are essentially redefining a centuries-old tradition of what marriage means, then why shouldn’t polygamists be allowed to be married? What they do in their bedroom is none of their business.

15. Emilie says:

I love Sister Wives! I don’t necessarily agree with the lifestyle and I have lots of questions that I’d love to ask Kody but I do see the appeal in having built-in best friends in a sister wife. I guess my biggest issue is that it’s one way – Kody can have multiple wives but none of the wives can have multiple husbands.

I am into Mad Men and Orange is the New Black these days. Can’t wait for new seasons on Netflix! Always faithful to Grey’s Anatomy, too 🙂

16. Mandy says:

I am a recent convert to Downton Abbey and always have to drink tea while watching it too. Glad I’m not alone in that. I’ve seen several tweets about Scandal but have yet to check it out. I’m not really much a tv watcher but when I was in Georgia, I would completely zone out in front of Sister Wives. Definitely not for me, but, like you, couldn’t stop watching. I like to watch Parenthood and Nashville. I ‘m looking forward to watching the Olympics!

17. LG says:

I am addicted to The Biggest Loser. Once I start to get to know the contestants, I must PVR every episode!

We recently saw the movie American Hustle and it was excellent. That’s how we rang in the new year – at the movies. :0)

A co-worker of mine loves Downton Abbey and also Call the Midwife. I’ve seen a few episodes of it and have really liked that too.

18. Alli says:

My favorite TV shows are The Following (warning: It’s scary!), The Good Wife and The Mindy Project. Also, my boyfriend got me in to House of Cards and now I’m obsessed! The new season comes out on Valentine’s Day so I’m cooking us a House of Cards themed meal and we’re going to snuggle on the couch and watch a few episodes.

19. Shoshanah says:

I finally started watching Downton Abbey and love it so far! One of my coworkers has all the seasons on dvd, and has been lending them to me. So far I’ve only gotten through season 1, but I’m really looking forward to watching all the rest!