Virtual Coffee Date

I saw this post on Kelly’s blog who got it from Jenna’s blog and I love the idea so much I’m stealing it! My morning coffee with a splash of half-and-half creamer (just enough to make it a caramel colour) is my favourite part of any morning hands down other than the days I get lattes as treats. So why don’t we go on a little virtual coffee date today?

Latte

If we were having coffee this morning I would tell you that I’m excited to spend the weekend in Vancouver with my best friend Jen and the rest of her bridal party searching for bridesmaid dresses and other wedding things for her upcoming nuptials this August.

If we were having coffee this morning I would tell you that I booked my flight to Chicago earlier this week. I am going in October to run the marathon with Lisa, Lauren and Anais. Kelly will also be there as well as numerous other blog and twitter friends! Now I just need to get registered for the actual race. It’s been too long since I had a blogger/running weekend!

If we were having coffee this morning I would tell you that I’m feeling extremely excited for my race plans this year, which not only include the marathon in October but also a 50 km trail ultra eight weeks prior in Squamish, BC. Holy crap. I’ve never ran two long-distance races like that ‘back-to-back’ so this is going to be an experience to say the least !

If we were having coffee this morning I would tell you I ate three hershey’s kisses last week when manning an info booth for work all day on Saturday. In my defence I spent eight hours at that info booth with the whole bowl staring at me. They made my mouth feel tingly but I’m not going to lie, they were delicious. I got right back on my no sugar challenge the next day, though.

If we were having coffee this morning I would tell you I’m getting my hair cut today! I love having long hair but it is such a pain to blow dry and straighten every morning and takes way too much time to do so I’m getting a few inches cut off to make that process easier.

If we were having coffee this morning I would tell you that I’m so so so ready for summer and sunshine. While the temperatures have been mild this winter we’ve had a lot of snow and a lot of grey, grey days. I am someone who feels completely rejuvenated by the sunshine so have definitely felt a bit blah lately. Good thing I’m jetting off to Mexico in 10 sleeps! The last time I checked the temperature was 27 C / 82 F. Yesssss please!

If we were on a coffee date this morning what would you tell me?

1. Caz says:

DAMN! I was just about to send you a text before I looked at the time (life of a student in exams!) You’re in Vancouver this weekend?!?!?!??!?!?! and I leave for Singapore on Friday?! this is the worlds worst timing ever. grrr.

xoxo

2. I might have to do this post tomorrow! It’s fun to read!

If we were having coffee I’d tell you that I feel really lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life that made me feel super special on my birthday. I’d also tell you that I had some tears on my birthday, but that they were mostly bittersweet or happy ones. And then I’d admit that tears are still part of my day most days (related to the move) but that I feel like I’m moving into the acceptance phase. And lastly, I’d tell you that I am really looking forward to seeing you, Lauren, Anais, and Kelly in October!

3. ris says:

It has been MISERABLE in Pittsburgh this winter–so grey and snowy. Blerg. I’m definitely looking forward to summer, and I’m so jealous of your trip to Mexico!

Oh I’m DEFINITELY stealing this idea for my Friday post!

If we were having coffee this morning I would tell you…

*I’m looking forward to a date night Ben on Friday. We rarely go out to eat and when we do we normally bring it back home – but we will have dinner out at a fancy restuarant and I can’t wait!
    *I’m excited about finally having a video chat with you Monday – it’s been way too long since we caught up!
    *I am trying a hot vinyasa class tonight and I’m pumped, but nervous because I’ve never done any kind of hot yoga before. We’ll see how it goes!
    *I am checking out something Sunday that could be potentially amazing, but I’m not ready to reveal on the blog yet. (Remind me and I’ll tell you about it in our chat!)

Happy almost Friday my friend!

5. October might just be my favorite time of year in Chicago. I’m hoping for excellent weather the weekend you guys come to town!

If we were to have coffee this morning, I’d tell you about my wedding photographer turned restaurateur and how I’m so excited to introduce one of my besties to his spot tonight for dinner!

6. I love this idea. If we were having coffee this morning I’d have so much to tell you. About a boy – that even Lexie thinks is great.
    I’d also tell you how I got home from school early last night, and instead of relaxing like a normal person would, I made potato soup.
    And I’d tell you how excited I am that I got to do the interviewing and hiring for our new warehouse person at work. So much fun.

Yay, I love that you did this post too! I think I’ll be doing it again at some point 🙂

For today, I would tell you that I have a snow day tomorrow. We are supposed to get 2 feet of snow here. I’m hoping to get to yoga in the morning before it starts getting too bad because I tend to get very stir crazy during blizzards. I’m planning to use the time to get some report cards written and hopefully some reading done. Otherwise my class is slowly making me a crazy person… and I feel like life has been very very busy lately. That’s about all! Oh, and i also can’t wait until Chicago!

I’d tell you that Isla has her last swimming lesson today and graduated from the Starfish program! So proud of her!

9. Britt says:

I’m so excited for your race season this year! Looks as if I’ll be living vicariously through you as my hip pain is back with a vengeance and I’ve finally decided to listen to my body and fix it already! Love love the hair cut! It looks fantastic 🙂

10. mandy says:

I really love this idea and wish so much that we could have a real coffee date! I am so excited for you to go to Mexico and can’t wait to hear about that trip. Perhaps we can plan a google hangout coffee date son. I miss you!

If we were on a virtual coffee date, I would tell you how I always read blogs but an really bad about commenting. I would tell you how I miss the connections and am trying desperately to reestablish those connections. I would tell you how much I am loving the new Zoya nailpolishes I purchased recently, how much I’m loving my job, and how glad I am to be back among my friends and family.

11. Travel Spot says:

That’s great that you are running Chicago! When are the sign ups? Aren’t they in February? I love that city and need to go there and visit some of the local bloggers there who I haven’t met yet but feel like they are good friends anyway. I love that you bought your flight already. Funny! I didn’t book my flight to Boston until just a little while ago..I don’t know why. Like I wasn’t sure it was really “real”. If we were having coffee I would tell you that I had a great talk with my Mom yesterday. We didn’t talk about anything important, but sometimes talking about “nothing” is just what you need. I would talk about work, even though I hate talking about work. I have been so busy and am feeling so behind all the time and as a total control freak, I hate that feeling with a vengeance. I would probably gripe about that for a little while. Have a great weekend!

12. Haha, this is awesome! If we were having coffee today, I’d tell you that I am cooking southern food this weekend, and I’m excited! I’d tell you that I need to get my hair coloured and that I found about three greys the other day!? Eeeeek!

13. Cool idea. If we were having coffee today, I’d tell you I’ve nominated you for a Liebster award! http://www.thebexfactor.com/2013/02/07/i-win/

14. I love this idea of virtual coffee date 🙂

I would tell you…
    – I need to shop for a dress for an upcoming wedding in March
    – I’ve stopped avoiding the scale and faced it last week … with good results 🙂
    – I need a hair trim… and highlights

Have a wonderful weekend!

I’m DEFINITELY ready for summer! I say this as a blizzard happens outside my window. That’s so awesome that you all are going to be able to meet up for the Chicago Marathon! I love Chicago and that marathon, wish I could do it again.
    If we were having coffee I would tell you I’m bummed about this snow because it’s caused half my yoga teacher training to be rescheduled for the next weekend, my one weekend off and the weekend that I had plans to see my boyfriend and go out with friends.

Happy weekend, Amber!

16. Have a great weekend! That’s such a good idea for a post.

I’m ready for summer too. and more coffee, now that you mention it.

17. […] Amber had this great post, called a virtual coffee date, and I had to copy it!  I just think it’s […]

18. […] snagging this awesome meme from Amber, Becky and Lisa. I hope you’ll join […]

19. Raquelita says:

I’m impressed that you only had 3 of those Hershey kisses while trapped in a booth. My department’s administrative assistant put a bowl of them out last week, and I am determined not to eat any of them before Thursday. Once I start with candy in the office, I have trouble stopping.

I wish I were also going to Chicago. I just can’t justify it in terms of my budget since it’s so much more expensive to fly from here.