Wedding Recap: Rehearsal + Getting Ready

Previous wedding recaps:

***

After not much sleep for me on Saturday night it was time to head up the coast on Sunday. There were about 12 of us traveling together in three different vehicles and we all went to the ferry together and then grabbed lunch in Sechelt before heading to the resort.

The road up to the resort is super twisty and narrow and the combination of not much sleep the night before and the road (and likely stress + emotions) made me super nauseous. I spent most of the rehearsal and dinner with an upset stomach and had a few moments where I broke down sobbing, I wasn’t exactly upset I just felt SO emotional that the smallest thing would set me off.

The rehearsal itself went pretty well. It was SO hot outside and we were all dripping sweat. We ran through the whole thing about three times since Eric and I were both feeling pretty nervous and wanted to make sure we knew exactly what to do.

IMG 4055 Amber Eric s Wed 0016

Amber Eric s Wed 0032

Amber Eric s Wed 0017

After the rehearsal we had a Welcome Dinner for all the guests staying at the resort and after having a couple of glasses of wine I felt 100 times better! 🙂 I really enjoyed our Welcome Dinner as it gave me and Eric a chance to connect and spend some extra time with all of our guests that were staying at the resort. Even though we had a relatively small wedding (I think we ended up with 80 guests total!) it was still really hard to spend a good amount of time with everyone.

Amber Eric s Wed 0037

Amber Eric s Wed 0044 Amber Eric s Wed 0038

After dinner we watched a slideshow that my brother had prepared and a video that my aunt who couldn’t be there recorded for us, it was really special 🙂

Amber Eric s Wed 0040

Then about 10 of us sat around and visited and had a few more drinks (I later learned the guys had a lot more drinks…heh). Eric’s parents also arrived late that evening as they had car trouble on the way down and didn’t make it in time for the rehearsal. It was a really great, and fun, night. I went to bed at 11 and watched this amazing video that Becky made for us right before falling asleep, it was the perfect way to end the day 🙂

Lisa and I shared a room the night before and I slept really well other than a few annoying buzzing mosquitoes that I needed to kill. I woke up the morning of the wedding feeling 100x better than I did the night before. Our fabulous hairdresser, Nicole, did hair for about 8 or 9 hours straight that day starting bright and early at 7 am with my grandma. I was getting my hair set in curls at 7:30 am so wandered down to the bridal suite a little early to visit with her and my grandma.

This photo was actually taken later in the day when my hair was getting done!

DSC 0079

I could not have been happier with the finished product!

DSC 0087

One of my absolutely FAVOURITE parts of our wedding venue was the fact that I could wander around the morning of the wedding and run into so many guests who were having breakfast, or sitting by the pool and visit with them! It really gave me extra time to see some of the guests who had traveled so far to be there and that was really special to me 🙂

DSC 0071

All of us girls weren’t always in one area while getting ready, the bridal suite was kind of small (and got hot fast) so we kind of wandered around the resort, sat out by the pool, visited etc. I felt super relaxed all morning. Here I am with my hair set in curls (aka what I looked like all morning long!) 🙂

Me and jen

Before getting my hair totally finished I went up to my mom’s tenthouse suite and she did my makeup. She did a phenomenal job and lot’s of people thought I had it professionally done!

Amber Eric s Wed 0046 Amber Eric s Wed 0047

Amber Eric s Wed 0049

The girls got dressed down in the resort while I got ready in my mom’s tenthouse suite. At this point I admit to getting a little cranky and snappy because it was so freakin’ hot out and there was no air conditioning. Putting my dress on I had little pools of sweat dripping down my chest and I got a million times more hot once the dress was on. Ugh. I basically stood in front of a fan holding my dress up for 10 minutes after that.

Amber Eric s Wed 0008

Amber Eric s Wed 0061 Amber Eric s Wed 0063

Amber Eric s Wed 0057

Amber Eric s Wed 0002 Amber Eric s Wed 0007

After I got my dress on I had some champagne with the girls who all came up to see me after getting ready and we took a few photo’s. They all looked so beautiful and were seriously the best bridesmaids ever, constantly running around and doing things for me and helping in any way possible and also put up with the above-mentioned crankiness! I would have gone nuts without them!

Amber Eric s Wed 0050 Amber Eric s Wed 0122

Amber Eric s Wed 0108

Then the girls headed back down to the resort to wait for us and I got a photo with my mom right before the first look. By this point Eric was waiting on the boardwalk for everyone else to leave so we could see each other!

Amber Eric s Wed 0010

Anyways, that is basically the rehearsal + getting ready part of the wedding and this post is already super long so I will leave off there. Next up, first look and ceremony!

I said this on facebook, but my goodness these photos are gorgeous! They could seriously be in a magazine!

And I’m so excited the video I made got a shout out! 🙂

2. Melissa says:

This kinda made me tear up, I have no idea why lol! Your pictures (once again) are so beautiful I practically feel like I was there. I love that you were able to wander around and always see the people of your wedding everywhere. It’s what I loved best at my brother’s destination wedding too. We had an entire week of just all hanging out together before AND after the wedding and it made the day so much more special, somehow.

Can’t wait to read about the ceremony- I’ll get my kleenex out for tomorrow 😉

Absolutely fabulous! Your hair was just perfect and I love the hair piece you chose.

4. You are so beautiful girl! And your hair is gorgeous! Love what you did with the writing on the shoes, although looking at the bottom of those shoes, I would have slipped and fell on my butt with how smooth they are!!!

P.S. I really like that you had a shorter dress – supa cool.

5. erin says:

This is my favorite recap so far! I love these photos. Your rehersal dress was PERFECT!!!! YAY.

6. ris says:

Your pictures are beautiful!! And I just love your hair 🙂

7. I love that you not only had an intimate wedding, but the setting allowed for you to spend the weekend with guests, not just a few hours. I know how special that feels. At our wedding, after the rehearsal dinner, we asked out of town guests to meet us at the hotel bar to hang out a bit. It was such a blast, because as you suggested, it gave us additional time with our friends who came from far distances to celebrate our special day. Getting ready in the same hotel allowed a few special guests to stop by the bridal suite to say hello before the wedding. And, we hosted a breakfast the morning after the wedding, too.

8. Bronwyn says:

Gorgeous. Absolutely stunning. I love your dress, it’s perfect (also love your rehearsal dress, it’s super cute). The bridesmaid dresses are gorgeous as well. And the photos are lovely.

SO MANY GORGEOUS PHOTOS. Love them all; thank you so much for sharing. I kind of feel like I was there 🙂

10. Lisa of Lisa's Yarns says:

My comment from earlier must not have gone thru. 🙁 Iove reading these posts! I did not think you were cranky! Your stuff was spread out between various rooms so it’s hard to keep track of everything!! I thought you were a very relaxed bride! Yes there were some emotional moments but that is to be expected!!

You were just stunning though. And your happiness and joy shines thru. Like Becky said these could be in a magazine!! Your mom did an amazing job with your make up too! You were seriously a glowing, radiant bride!!

Yea I didn’t know your mom did your make up until I was looking at all the pictures this weekend. Your make up looked awesome!
    I love your pictures and reading about the day 🙂

12. Such a beautiful location and bride! You look so happy and I love how your makeup and hair turned out.

13. J says:

LOVEEEE the pictures. Your hair is beautiful! I wore Nina shoes for my wedding too! Love them! I never get tired of wedding pictures!

That rehearsal dress is fantastic. Where did you get it? You look beautiful.

Beautiful!!! Becky made such a sweet video (Yes, I cried lol). She’s right. The best is yet to come.

16. Vanessa says:

Your photos are absolutely lovely! I’m so glad everything went well.

17. Travel Spot says:

What beautiful photos! Seriously. I love the ones of your mom lacing up your dress. The candid ones, to me, are the best ones! I also love the one where the girls are all looking (I assume) at the back of your dress and smiling. You can tell they all love you! What a great day!

18. Yah, I remember how hot it was here that day, and thinking about how hot it must have been over there for your wedding. You looked amazing though. 🙂