Wedding Recap: Pre-wedding week & weekend

I am totally going to be one of those bloggers that writes several separate recaps of the wedding festivities + honeymoon. Sorry I’m not sorry. I want to be able to look back at these posts years down the road πŸ™‚

Here is a recap on pre-wedding week and weekend!

Eric and I had three house guests the week before the wedding; my friend Danielle from Newfoundland and two of Eric’s cousins (who were also the Best Man and a groomsman). At first I was a bit concerned about having so many house guests right before the wedding but it ended up being a really fun week! The weather was finally starting to get nice in Kamloops after a month of rain so we spent lots of time poolside at my mom’s new house.

IMG 3791IMG 3795

I even finished up some last minute wedding things (like the seating chart!) while sitting poolside.

IMG 3799

After two days of running around like chickens with our heads cut off in the mornings and then laying poolside all afternoon it was time to head down to Vancouver on Friday, July 6. Due to a bunch of last minute running around we didn’t get on the road until about 1:30 pm so hit rush hour going into town putting us in downtown Vancouver around 6. Lisa, Danielle and I went for dinner and then went to bed.

In the morning Lisa and I were up bright and early to meet Anais and Olle for a 10-mile run! Due to getting a bit lost at the beginning 10 miles turned into 11 but it was a beautiful run around the seawall on a gorgeous morning!

IMG 3813

After that we met up with Kelly and Eric and Anais and Olle for brunch! We had a nice big table of nine people and it was so much fun to hang out with Kelly after reading her blog for soooo long!

Brunch  Blogger friends

We then attempted to go to Stanley Park on the bus but spent about 45 minutes riding the bus all of 10 km so decided that was probably a little out of the question since we had mani/pedi appointments that afternoon. We headed back to the hotel to meet up with Michele, Jen and Cheryl (who just got into town that afternoon) and go for our mani/pedi’s! The place we went allowed us to bring our own wine which was so fun!

IMG 3814

All us girls after our pampering!

IMG 3819

IMG 3817

After that Cheryl took off as her and her family were heading up to the coast that night and the rest of us got ready for a lovely dinner out in Vancouver!

IMG 3822

Nicole, the hairdresser for the wedding (who is also a good friend of mine and my mom’s) arranged for her brother (who is a personal chef in Vancouver) to cook us a private dinner and host us on his rooftop patio! It was such a special and amazing treat and an AMAZING dinner! I had so much fun hanging out with all the ladies (and Darcy, who cooked for us!)

DSC 0019. DSC 0021

With my momma.

DSC 0027

The spread of food!

IMG 3824

Dinner was actually THE BEST I’ve ever eaten. Like so incredibly good. The pesto-bread salad and italian cheese was AMAZING as was the corn – probably the best meal I’ve ever had!

IMG 3826

And the view and company wasn’t bad either πŸ™‚

IMG 3825

It was a really fun night that only had a small black cloud over it when my mom and I had to leave for about an hour to attempt to deal with a bit of an incident that happened with our photographer (long story but sadly Rachel was not allowed to enter the country and photograph our wedding due to a fiasco with customs. I was SO sad that she couldn’t do the wedding but even after being through the most terrible ordeal with customs she lined us up with an amazing back-up photog who worked out perfectly).

It was a really unfortunate thing to happen two days before the wedding but despite that it was an AMAZING evening with my bridesmaids and I’m so thankful we got that time together before all the busy wedding things started happening! And a HUGE Thank You to Darcy for creating this unbelievable ambiance at his home for us and cooking us such an incredible, gourmet meal. It was such a fun evening!

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering Eric spent two days before the wedding camping with his groomsman up the coast! Here is a photo from their pre-wedding festivities πŸ™‚ Five guys + two tents. Haha

IMG 3810

That concludes the pre-wedding festivities. Next up will be honeymoon recaps while I wait for more wedding photo’s to roll in πŸ™‚

Love these pictures – and love “sorry I’m not sorry.” HA! It sounds like you handled the photography situation so well – most people would have freaked out but you sounded calm, cool, and collected! What a great week to lead up to your wedding!

2. Great recap! I think it’s great you are breaking it up into multiple posts I am pretty sure I am going to end up doing a 5 part recap! Otherwise the posts are going to get WAY too long! Ha. I’ve got 3 written so far!

Ah, this post makes me miss you even more, but it makes me feel so lucky that I got to spend all those days with you leading up to the wedding. We made so many great memories! And I have to say, you handled the photographer situation SO amazingly well. Like, way better than most would have handled it, I think!! So huge props to you for staying calm and keeping things in perspective. It was awesome that Rachel helped line up another AMAZING photographer! πŸ™‚

I was so sad to hear about what happened with Rachel! What a sucky situation. I’m not sure I could have been as calm as you seemed to have been, ha! But that’s awesome you were & that the back-up photog was great. Yay!

My vacation recaps take me WEEKS to blog about, haha, so I don’t mind lots of recap posts. It’s fun to read about everything!

Don’t worry, I want to hear every detail of your wedding! haha
    You look so beautiful in all your pictures and I love your black/white striped dress!

Ha, I didn’t even know it was a “thing” that bloggers do a million posts about their wedding- I totally did it and love when others do the same πŸ™‚
    Also agree with others above that you handled the photographer situation WELL!

Anyway, I’m glad you had such a lovely few days leading up to your wedding πŸ™‚ We had trouble with the traffic in Stanley Park too. It was CRAZY all weekend. Also agree with Caroline- you look gorgeous in the pics and so does Lisa!

6. erin says:

recaps are always awesome! makes me feel like i was there! really looks like fun!

as for the photographer – taht really really sucks! i would’ve had a total meltdown! but i’m glad the situation worked out for you in the long run!

7. love that separate your recaps like this! It will be a great “album” of sorts for you to look through down the road and reminisce.

That really stinks about Rachel. I was following that entire ordeal on Twitter. Canada is intense. We discovered that at the border on our to Niagara Falls and Toronto. We were held up because one of us had mace. Oops.

Looking forward to the rest of your recaps!

8. grammarati says:

Psst – it’s “photos”, not “photo’s”, but it’s also your blog so do what you want!

Everything looked like so much fun! The rooftop dinner looked and sounded fabulous. Plus the views were killer! I saw the issue with your photographer on Facebook and wondered what was going on. Glad it all worked out though!

10. It sounds like you had a wonderful lead up to the wedding. And I’m really sorry about the situation with your photographer but you seem to have taken it so well and it looks like it all worked out! πŸ™‚

11. That dinner looks incredible, and also, I am glad that you are going to do numerous posts about the wedding/festivities. I LOVE this stuff!!!

12. Britt says:

Don’t you just feel so much love on those days leading up to your wedding? All that food looks incredible!

13. Travel Spot says:

Wow, you were super busy beforehand! But it looks like it was FUN busy and not stress-busy! I can’t wait to see photos from the actual day!

14. Wow! That food looks awesome! My stomach is growling haha.

15. Oh man, I was wondering what happened with the photog you had originally planned on. That’s awesome that she found a great one so quickly!! And it’s fun that both you and Eric got to have some down/fun time before the wedding with your closest friends and family.

16. Ummm . . . I’d be disappointed if you didn’t write separate recaps. I love reading about all of it – maybe I’m a nerd though. πŸ™‚
    The photographer situation sucks, but I’m glad you managed to get a back up. And by the looks of the few pictures I’ve seen, the back up did a fantastic job.

17. LG says:

I love your black and white dress! The food looks amazing too…good for you for taking so many pics to remember these events by!

18. Mom says:

Yay!! I’ve been waiting for you to start these posts. That was the most amazing meal ever.

19. Anais says:

Best pre-wedding weekend ever it seems!!! I had such a blast with all of you πŸ™‚ And can I just say – that food looks AMAZING!

20. Shoshanah says:

I can’t beleive you had to get a new photographer 2 days before the wedding. I would have freaked out, but glad to hear that it worked out. And definitely don’t feel bad and writing lots of wedding posts. I’m planning on doing the same, so you won’t be alone there.

I probably would have flipped out with the photography situation but you sound like you handled it really well! I worked the week leading up to our wedding – I think I just had the Friday off, and my family didn’t get here until Thursday night. We wanted to take 10 days for our honeymoon so we just had an extra exhausting week before the wedding!

22. San says:

Wonderful recap and great pictures… just bummed to hear that Rachel didn’t get into the country to shoot your wedding. WHAT? What happened?

23. Love that you two took so much time off to really get ready, enjoy and take in the whole experience!! That roofdeck dinner looks divine – summer months are so fun with things like that πŸ™‚