DIY Program Project!

I am not much of a DIY (do it yourself) person so when I started planning my wedding I knew there would not be too much DIY involve. Throughout this whole process so far very little DIY has happened. There was the decorating of the favour boxes, but that was quick and easy and pretty much it.

Last night with the help of MOH Michele, bridesmaid Jen and my mom we tackled the biggest DIY project yet; the programs!

IMG 3737

It only took a few hours and was overall a pretty fun process. I blogged on Monday about the fan programs I was inspired by on etsy and I’m really happy with how the ones we did turned out!

IMG 3720

We had a bit of an assembly line going on where I taped the stick into the program, Jen taped the double-sided program together and Michele taped the little thing of bubbles onto the stick. At the last minute we also decided to tie little yellow ribbons onto each thing of bubbles which added an extra 45 minutes onto the process. Well worth it though!

IMG 3724 IMG 3722

I’m really excited about having everyone blow bubbles on us as we walk down the aisle as husband and wife for the first time 🙂

IMG 3730

In the end we had 99 programs (only one mess-up! Pretty impressed with that) done and ready to go.

IMG 3731

Huge thanks to my fabulous friends for spending their evening helping me. These girls are my only two local bridesmaids and they have been SO helpful whenever I’ve asked for anything throughout this entire wedding process. I consider myself a very lucky bride! Eric was actually there when we first started (and took the above pictures) but we shooed him away when he offered to help because we were having fun and had such a good system in place already!

The next (and last) DIY project of the seating chart and table numbers is happening this weekend so stay tuned for an update on that.

In other news, I’m feeling pretty drained again, not unlike I did at the end of marathon training. I know that’s probably to be expected in the last two weeks before my wedding so I just need to keep pushing through and give myself ample time to rest and relax. This weekend there isn’t a whole lot on deck so I’m hoping to get some quality R&R time in. It’s the LAST weekend before the wedding weekend which seriously blows my mind.

Are you a DIY type of person?

I am NOT a DIY type of person at all but I admire those who are! Your programs look great – and only one mess-up? Seriously awesome!

Definitely take some time to relax this weekend – you’ll need it in the coming week. Maybe a run (still kills me that that’s relaxing for you!), some yoga, reading, and cuddling with Eric and the animals on the couch while watching movies. Seriously, DON’T pack this weekend full of stuff!

2. Hells, no. I am NOT a DIY person. I have a bad history of me + art projects. Besides not being good at it, it’s not something I enjoy! So, like you, when/if I do get married, I’d have very few DIY project, and any that I did would be headed up by my best friend Brooke because she is a DIY master AND she enjoys DIY projects. I have helped some friends with DIY projects for their weddings and I did really enjoy that as we always had wine and there was lots of laughter and story telling!

Definitely take time to relax this weekend. Sleep in. Relax. Lay on the couch and read. Do whatever you can to relax and rest because you have a busy week ahead of you and you want to be well-rested for your big wedding weekend. Soak up this time as much as you can. It’s a rare life moment to have so many friends and family in one place and the time will fly by (as you know it will) so savor each moment!

Those look awesome!! And I loove the bubbles idea : ) A couple did that at a wedding I was editing the other day and the pictures came out awesome!
    I am very much a DIY person, I just need to make more time for it – and have something to DIY haha

4. Heidi says:

What an adorable idea!

I love the sunflowers!

5. ris says:

I am not a DIY person but these look really impressive to me! The bubbles are a really fun idea too 🙂

6. They turned out great! I love how you incorporated the bubbles!

7. Anais says:

I love those programs!!! And the bubbles 🙂 What a great idea!

I’d really like to be a DIY person and think I could probably do it, but either I don’t have time or I don’t know what else… because in the end I have about 1 DIY project under my belt and that’s it! It was pretty cool though – i used a cork board, covered it with a cute fabric and put lots of pins in it to hang my jewelry 🙂

Love these! Because of the small budget we have, my wedding is going to be probable 93% DIY.

9. abbi says:

I love DIY stuff…but in spurts! 🙂 Your programs look great…enjoy some rest and try not to get stressed out in the next couple of weeks!

AH I love these! I am definitely not a DIY person BUT I love when you are because these came out so awesome. I am in love with sunflowers right now. I can’t wait to not blow a single bubble because I’ll be too busy taking pictures haha. Seriously. I am annoying with the photos at weddings. I promise i will be worth it when I have awesome pictures up weeks before your photographer.

Definitely try to relax as much as possible this next week and a half. You’ll need all your energy for the weekend before and wedding itself. I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!

11. Britt says:

They look great! Way to go 🙂

I did way too much DIY craftiness than was good for me when I got married. Now I look back and wonder how I did it all! 🙂

12. Bronwyn says:

I love DIY. I was a total craft-lover as a kid, much of my childhood was spent doing crafts with some sort of disney movie on. You’re so close! That’s so exciting.

I did a lot of DIY projects for our wedding because I personally love doing things like that. Your programs turned out great and so nice that you had help! I did a lot of my projects by myself, so it took way longer. How many people are coming to your wedding?

14. Not at all…but S.D. is so he is making the invitations. The only problem with that is he’s a horrible procrastinator and I actually had to throw a temper tantrum, complete with tears, to get him to get to work on them.

15. I think your programs turned out beautifully – what a fun little project for you and your girls! I’m not a DIY person, but there were some DIY aspects to our wedding. I designed the save the date cards and programs (but outsourced the printing on each). And, while we had our wedding invitations printed, we decided we wanted them organized in a pretty little folder. There was some DIY putting those together as well as enclosing everything in the envelope (we purchased a special stamp with old school wax to seal each envelope – it was a big, messy pain to complete, but we loved how it turned out in the end!). You definitely need to take some time for yourself in the coming week … because as the wedding nears, more and more people will want a little of your time (and you’ll likely want to spend it with them, too!).

16. so not a DIY person. I’m a pay another person to do it person. 😉 We were going to do the fan thing for our wedding too, but umm I just couldn’t ha.

I’m not a DIY person at all. I always think I have the most brilliant ideas for DIY projects – but absolutely no crafting talent, and thus absolutely no follow-through! I designed our invitations (but had them printed by a professional) and we made the programs ourselves – and those are all the DIY projects we had at our wedding. Your programs look great! I love the sunflower 🙂

Looks fantastic! I love the sunflowers.

19. Nope, I am not much of a DIY person at all.

20. Wilma says:

I am not a DIY person either, however I LOVE what you have done with the programs etc.

21. Shoshanah says:

I really like the program fans, and I’ve been thinking about doing them since I know it will be incredibly hot the day of the wedding, but I’m not completely sold on them yet. I do love attaching the bubbles to the fan themselves. I haven’t seen that before and think that it’s a really cute idea.

22. Those came out so darn cute! I love DIY, especially papercrafts, and those were my favorite part of prepping for my wedding.

23. Travel Spot says:

Those look great! It is similar to Marathon training, except you don’t really get a taper week, do you!?