2 weeks to go!

I know I was doing monthly countdowns before but I felt that the two week countdown deserved to be acknowledged! Two weeks is kind of crazy to me. I mean every week it feels closer (obviously) but two weeks feels insanely close. I only have 7 working days left until I’m on vacation and the wedding is only 14 sleeps away.

14 SLEEPS!

Anyways, my mom arrived here on Friday night so it’s definitely wedding crunch time. We have quite a few things to do in the next two weeks including tackling the only DIY projects I’m undertaking this entire wedding process, which is creating the program fans (inspiration picture below) and the table numbers. I really wanted to do something so cool and original for these but I’m kind of not in the mood to brainstorm anything anymore so I think they’ll just be basic table numbers.

Program Example

{source}

Other things on my agenda for this week is getting my hair coloured on Wednesday night. I haven’t coloured it since 2009 (see photo below) but it’s going to be similar to that colour with a few “sun-kissed highlights” in it. My hairdressers words, not mine. Also since my fabulous hairdresser isn’t here I’m going to see someone brand new (but highly recommended) and taking lots of notes and photos with me and stating up front that I’m getting married in 1.5 weeks!

Red hair in 2009

Then on Friday I’m testing out another spray tan. Last time I went with the “light” colour and while I had fabulous colour the next day, four days later it was totally gone. So this time I’m testing out the “medium” shade. However, Jen and Michele both tested “medium” last time and they said they both turned orange soo, we’ll see how it goes! I will then have one more spray tan next Friday before leaving for Vancouver and since we leave for Vancouver on Friday but the wedding isn’t until Monday I want to make sure I choose a shade that lasts!

Also, last time I got spray tanned I couldn’t stop thinking about THIS!

That’s it, that’s all for me. Happy Monday friends!

OMG FOURTEEN SLEEPS!!!!!

1. I am so excited! I can’t believe it’s 2 weeks from today! It seemed so far off when you set the date over a year ago. Time sure does fly. It’s going to be a wonderful day, I just know it!

I hope things go well w/ this new hairdresser. I am sure they will since you have specific instructions from your hairdresser!!

Ahhhh 14 sleeps! I’m so excited!!!!

3. ris says:

Wow that’s so close! Exciting!!

4. Anais says:

AAAAAH!!!!! So so so so so excited! I know I’ve said that before but I don’t think I’ve been this excited about anyone’s wedding 🙂 I LOVE the fan idea!!! Great DIY 🙂

5. Wow, that’s insane! Its so so close!

Hahaha, I love Ross and his ridiculous spray tanning experience!

I cant’ believe it’s two weeks away and that I’m leaving for Seattle on Saturday. Ah! Maybe for table names you should do cities/towns in Canada, or even in BC… that would be fun 🙂 You know me and my obsession with Canadian geography.

SOO excited!

It’s getting so close! WIth the spray tan, I don’t think it’s supposed to last that long especially if you are showering everyday. I had a spray tan for my wedding and the only downside to it was that it left marks on my dress where I was sweating, so just be aware of that.

8. That’s so exciting, Amber! I got my hair highlighted for the first time on Fri and got it VERY subtle bc my hairdresser knew how nervous I was about it looking so obvious and bad right before my bro’s wedding. She ended up doing carmel highlights throughout (except right at my part) so when it grows out people or myself won’t see the roots as obviously. It’s definitely subtle so next time I might get some blonde accents in there too or reddish/brown. Who knows…

I knew exactly what “THIS” was before even clicking on the link! haha I love Friends. I’m so excited for you!! It’s so soon! Kelly was like yeah I’m leaving on Saturday and I was like wait what?! haha
    Kelly already kinda mentioned this above, but for her wedding I gathered pictures from each city they have traveled to together and wrote the name of the place on the picture and put them in frames at each table. So there was a London, Paris, San Francisco, etc. It was pretty easy to do, just a thought

10. Amanda says:

Eep! 14 sleeps! That’s so exciting 🙂 Every time I’ve considered getting a spray tan, that episode has replayed in my head, ha!

11. I love your idea for program fans. I designed our programs, though outsourced them for printing. The nice thing about it is you can make them as simple or as fancy as you want them to be. And yeah, don’t stress the table numbers. I have yet to actually remember someone else’s table number – and that includes fancy, fun DIY table numbers. In the long run, it’s not what your guests will remember about your special day.

12. Alli says:

2 weeks, how exciting! Good luck with the tans.

Wow, so soon! I know it’s been creeping up and soon you’ll be in the single digit countdown. AH! It has to feel so surreal and crazy but so frickin awesome at the same time. 🙂

I *love* that hair color you posted so I think it’ll be the perfect shade for you for the wedding. I can’t wait to see how it turns out!!

14. Wow – it’s sure coming fast! I’m so excited for you. I can’t wait to see the pictures, you are going to make such a gorgeous bride.

15. Jessica says:

YAY! Countdown is on! The last two weeks will go so fast, I cannot wait to hear more leading up to the big day.

16. I’m thrilled you are inspired by these program fans! I hope you post how yours turn out — would love to see them. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

17. hillary says:

TWO WEEKS IS SO SOON!

18. Yay! So excited for you! <3

19. Jessica says:

Wow, getting really close! Don’t stress over details, your day will be perfect!

20. Shoshanah says:

You’re so close Amber! I feel like your engagement has flown by, and I am a little scared knowing that after your wedding ours really isn’t that far after.

21. Sana says:

These last two weeks are just going to FLY by! Good luck!

22. San says:

I am so excited for you Amber! Enjoy every minute of this wonderful time (it’s going to go by so fast!)

Your hair (which I saw on Twitter) turned out beautiful!

23. Travel Spot says:

I like the table number. And the hair color! I am sure it will turn (did turn?) out great! I am a bit behind but I can’t wait to hear how it’s going now…since I think you must have about 9 sleeps now!? Woo hoo!