1 month to go!

Catching up on wedding planning? Here are my previous posts on this topic:

***

Rehearsal dinner dress

Our wedding date is 1 month from today. Holy hell! Actually, wedding festivities will really start in less than a month when my vacation from work starts and when I make the trek down to Vancouver to spend the weekend before the wedding with family and friends there!

Nothing feels real quite yet, to be honest. Despite the fact that we’ve been engaged for 15 months now and I did some pretty intense planning back in January/February things have just been cascading the last month. Not necessarily in a bad way, there are just a lot of things to think about and a lot of details to sort out. I send out 1-2 wedding emails every day and it consumes my thoughts. If I thought about it every day before I now think about it all day, every day!  Work has been busy and that’s actually been a very pleasant distraction from constantly thinking about the WEDDING!

This was also a very productive wedding week for us as we finalized the ceremony script, ordered the guys tuxes and I bought a dress for the rehearsal dinner (sneak peak above) among a few other things!

Since I’m sure I’ll have lots more detailed wedding posts coming up (we’re starting some DIY stuff soon when my mom gets down here) over the next month for this 1 month out one I’m actually kind of at a loss for words. 1 months is so soon. 30 sleeps away. Whoa.

Anyways, since I don’t think it’s completely healthy to spend so much time and energy thinking about/being excited about/being invested in this one day, here are some things I’m looking forward to that are coming up AFTER the wedding. Because, you know, there is life after the wedding apparently. Even though some days it doesn’t really feel like it because I don’t really think that far ahead anymore!

• Our Honeymoon! We’re spending it on Vancouver Island. 4 nights in Tofino and 1 night in Victoria!
  • Going camping lots in July and August.
  • Running a half-marathon at the end of July and a big trail race on labour day weekend!
  • My birthday weekend (I’m planning on booking a wine tour for us!)
  • Being married! (duh!)

This was a random mish-mash post and it’s a Saturday so if you take nothing out of this post, take away this: the wedding is 1 month away which is insanely soon, it still all doesn’t feel real, I brought a pretty white, lace dress for the rehearsal and there are some things to look forward to after the wedding even though it’s hard to think *that* far ahead right now!

Question of the day: What are you looking forward to in the coming months?

1. Lindsey says:

The sun and warm weather! We created a summer list of things to do so I am excited to start that list too. The next month will fly by for you!

2. Melissa says:

I’M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! I’m going to be thinking of you that entire day. & I can never forget your anniversary because it’s the day before my birthday 🙂 I wish there was a way I could give you a big congrats hug because seriously it’s been crazy reading about all your wedding-planning adventures and I’m just so happy for you two. 🙂 <3

3. Vanessa says:

Eeeee! So exciting!

I made myself a little summer bucket list of things I want to do in the coming months. I am stoked to start crossing things off of it.

4. Woohoo! probably feels good to be near the finish line and it sounds like you’ve got things pretty organized. Happy weekend! 🙂

5. Samantha says:

I am just catching up on your blog and wanted to say I am very excited for you!! I hope the next month is exciting and stress-free; Enjoy every minute!!!

It’s funny, I feel like so many people focus on the wedding itself that they forget about what it really means and everything that comes afterward. The wedding is really just the beginning and I’m so excited for you guys!! : )

Woo! I’m so excited for you – the next month is going to go by so fast, enjoy it!

I’m definitely looking forward to having this darn baby! Maybe not the whole labour and delivery part, but I’m just tired of being pregnant, lol.

8. Tiffany says:

Your big day will be here before you know it! Sounds like you have a lovely vacation planned for afterwards as well. I’ve never been to Tofino, but it looks so beautiful! I love Victoria! I hope we will be able to go down there next year for a fun trip.

In the next month, I’m most looking forward to training and racing my half ironman (ok, it’s 6 weeks, but close enough!).

9. I am so excited that your wedding is fast approaching! I can’t wait to see you guys and help you celebrate your special day!

I am looking forward to your wedding, spending a long weekend at the lake for the 4th, training for the marathon, and getting my CFA results (but I’m also very nervous about that…).

10. I’m just getting more and more excited for you!! 🙂

I’m glad you’re looking ahead to other things, AFTER the wedding! I would imagine it could be so easy to get caught up in the wedding DAY and all that’s happening leading up to it, but not so much what happens afterward! 🙂

I’m looking forward to my second cruise in just 10 days (!) and starting the apartment hunt.

I’m looking forward too….
    the Dave Matthews Band concert in July.
    July 26th!
    The first of my bridal showers in July and then the mondo one in September
    The wedding
    Our honeymoon
    RELAXING some day soon… 🙂

13. Speaking of “none of it feels real” … here’s another *great* piece of advice someone gave me before my wedding, because your special day might very well seem extraordinarily surreal. Every so often, take a step back from your wedding festivities and look around. Take it all in. Remind yourself this is YOUR SPECIAL DAY. It will help you have memorable snapshots of all the moments leading up to and including your wedding day!

What I’m looking forward to? Camping in July, August and September. Our two week vacation to beaches on the East Coast. Picnic dinners. Live music in the park. And pretty much a bunch of other things on my summer bucket list (which I’m going to discuss later this week!).

14. Kirky says:

I’m really looking forward to running the Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon in two weeks. I’m also really looking forward to one of my best friends’ weddings in Ottawa in August. She’s the first of my really close friends to get married, so I’m just getting the intro to all this wedding stuff. (Current project is planning the bridal shower.)

15. Travel Spot says:

How exciting! It sounds like you pretty much have most of it all figured out. I am excited for you! The venue looks gorgeous and the honeymoon sounds great and it seems like even after the wedding (yes, there is an after) you will be having fun and staying busy! At least it’s not like the old days where you don’t move in until after you got married. Can you imagine ALSO having to set up house after this!? Whew. I want to see the rehearsal dress! Photos are in order!

16. I am looking forward to a trip to Vegas and a couple music festivals in the coming months!!!!

17. Destini says:

Oh yes the last Month, that is so exciting!! I am sure you are super organized! I found that was the most helpful part as the date got closer, wedding brain fuzz kicks in and I was so grateful for my very organized planning!

I can’t wait to read all about it 🙂