2 months to go!

Catching up on wedding planning? Here are my previous posts on this topic:

***

As I’m sure you can imagine the last month has been pretty consumed with the marathon so not much has happened on the wedding planning front since my last update. However, I think the wedding will be the PERFECT thing to distract me as I go through my post-marathon blues, am I right?

Tent at rockwater

A recent favourite wedding picture taken at our resort. {Source}

Instead of my usual to-do list format, here are some random blurbs on wedding planning in general, and how I’m feeling with only two months to go until the big day.

– Despite making a decision about what we’re going to do for tuxes, we’re yet to actually order them. The guy at the tux store should not have told us we only needed to do it a month ahead of time because now we probably will. Oh well! At least we know exactly what we want.

– The final guest list numbers are in more or less (give or take 5 or 10 people more or less). I am really happy with the number of people we’re going to have (less than 100) and think it will make for a really nice, intimate – but still fun! – affair. Of course, I’m really sad that certain people couldn’t make it and I’ve definitely had a few disappointing no RSVP’s, but overall I am happy with how it’s unfolding.

– I created a Facebook group for my bridal party and it seems to be working as a great way to keep all the important information in one area without sending a million emails!

– Day of itinerary is something lurking at the back of my mind. I know I need to start planning this soon as well as a day before itinerary and logistics of getting everyone from Vancouver to the resort and the day on Saturday when we’ll be in Vancouver and will be a bit of a “mini” bachelorette party for me (no, I will not be getting crazy drunk or going too wild two nights before my wedding!)

– I’m really, really, REALLY looking forward to our honeymoon. This year has been ca-ra-zy so far and our honeymoon is the “light at the end of the tunnel” in terms of a chance to really kickback and relax after a crazy-busy 7 months!

– I’ve been meaning to write a blog post talking about changing my name (I am changing it!) but haven’t gotten around to it yet. I will in the next month!

– Eric and I have a dancing lesson on Monday! I booked this months ago and completely forgot about it until last week! It should be interesting to say the least. Hope my quads are back to 100% by then.

– Speaking of dancing, we need to finish filling out our music profile for the DJ.

– Speaking of that, we also need to finish writing and planning our ceremony. And write a joint ‘Thank You’ type speech for the reception. Oy.

– My dress doesn’t need to be hemmed! It is the PERFECT length with my kitten-heel shoes. So happy about that!

– That’s about it. My mind has been totally focused and obsessed with the marathon the last little while so wedding mode is back on. There is quite a bit to be done in the next two months.

Anything else I should be thinking about 2 months out? I’m sure I’m missing something…

1. Eeks! I am so excited for you! I am really looking forward to the whole weekend. The mini-bach party is going to be so fun in Vancouver. We definitely won’t get you drunk. 🙂 Promise. 🙂

Seems like you’ve got it all under control. I think it will be good to have your wedding to focus on to keep the post marathon blues at bay or under control!

Ha, I’m glad Lisa promises, because I don’t 🙂 After the hug tackle that is sure to occur, I expect you to take at least 5 shots with me. Haha, just kidding! I’ll be good!

I can’t BELIEVE it’s only 2 months til your wedding- I feel like we have been talking about this for so long I didn’t think it would ever really come!

I think you are all set on everything you need to do 2 months out, but I guess I can’t even remember what I did at that point- i’ve blocked it all out! I definitely did not do a thank you speech ha… oops 🙂 I didn’t need anything else to be nervous about that day!

3. Ris says:

Oooh this is exciting! Where are you guys going for your honeymoon?

After being part of a wedding that was SO DISORGANIZED and I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing most of the time… an itinerary is a great idea. I asked my SIL for this and was never given one. I am a huge planner and it was so disorienting not to have any idea of when I needed to be where.

The Facebook group sounds like such a great idea! Sigh. I’m jealous for your bridesmaids! They seem to have a bride who is ON TOP of things! 🙂

I want to hear more about the honeymoon!!!

5. Britt says:

Sounds like you’ve got a pretty good handle on things. It will be here before you know it 🙂

These two months are going to fly by! Might not be what you want to hear, but they will. I agree, let’s hear more about the honeymoon!

I don’t understand why to some people changing your name is such a huge thing. Sure I was excited to take Brian’s last name, but he never pushed me to do so or made me. He could have cared less if I took it! I guess I could understand if your career (ie: a doctor) was built around your name, but otherwise, it’s just a name to me 🙂

7. Tiffany says:

One thing we forgot about until a week beforehand was gifts for the wedding party! Otherwise, I think you’ve covered all your bases.

8. Bronwyn says:

I’m just excited to see the photos from your wedding! As a never-been-married-yet I can’t impart any words of wisdom of what you should be doing at this time in the planning.

9. Carrie says:

My husband didn’t order his tuxes until the last minute. I was super freaked out about it, but everything worked out and it sounded like that happens ALL of the time. Soooo different from how the bridal gown places operate!

10. Kyria says:

Wow, I can’t believe it’s coming up so soon! I am sure you are thinking the same thing. It sounds like you have most of it figured out. I think the duel thank you speech shouldn’t be too hard to wrangle. I love the photo! Will you have the same tent and chair set up?

11. erin says:

soo excited for you!

and having the bachelorette party 2 nights before the wedding isn’t a shabby idea! i had mine the night before, and honestly it was really fun! and i didn’t drink too much, which is easy enough for me to do!

12. This is really exciting, Amber! In some ways, it’s good you forced yourself to take your focus away from the wedding for a month. That shit can become all-consuming, unnecessarily so! I hear ya on being disappointed about RSVPs. Don’t be surprised if a couple people who said yes also wind up backing out. It happens to almost everyone. Don’t take it personally and be sure to focus on all the love from the people who are in attendance. Also? Don’t just write that speech, practice it! Because, if you’re anything like Sweets and me, you’ll forget the speech in the hotel and have to go by memory! =) Oh yeah, don’t forget to enjoy the next few months … such an exciting time in your life!

How exciting! It’s getting close!

I imagine it’s disappointing when certain people say no to the RSVP. There are some relatives that live kind of far away (a military base) that probably wouldn’t be able to make it to my wedding and I’ll be disappointed about that for sure.

14. AH! So exciting, Amber! That photo is gorgeous and I clicked to the facebook album – you are going to have some amazing backdrops for photography. Love that.

The facebook group for your bridal party is brilliant and so easy for everyone to have a place to refer to if they forget details or something. A bit easier than trying to search through old emails.

15. All I can think about is how pretty you’re going to be as a bride. I can’t believe its coming up so soon, and I cannot wait to see the pictures. 🙂

16. Sarah says:

Marriage license! If BC is anything like ON, it’s time to start thinking of getting one!

17. J says:

I changed my name – it actually wasn’t that hard (in the United States) not sure about Canada. I was pretty much going by my married name within our two month anniversary. Had to wait until about our one month before I could even start because I had to wait for the marriage certificate. I think if you just start doing it and just do it all at once its easier and faster. Most of the stuff I had to just fax them a copy of the Marriage cert. Other places like the band I had to go in and see them, but it was really painless.

2 months! Yikes! How exciting!

I love the idea of a facebook page instead of emailing.

So exciting : ) It’s going to be here before you know it! Also I just stalked that album you linked to – gorgeous.

20. Gracie says:

Hurray for no hemming – that is a deal! Hemming is expensive and time consuming.

21. Glad to hear you don’t need any hemming … that can get so expensive.

22. Jessica says:

YAY! Only two months to go! So crazy how fast time flies. And that’s great news about the hemming, alterations are SO expensive.

23. Vanessa says:

I am so excited for you, lady! I hope your big day is everything you want it to be and more. Just remember to relax and enjoy all of your hard work when it all comes around. All of that planning should be worth every second. 🙂

24. nikki says:

wedding planning sounds like the perfect way to get over post-marathon blues (way to go, by the way!) you’re getting so close!!!

Ahhh! Two months! So exciting! You sound like you’re in pretty good shape – and score for your dress not needing to be hemmed! Did you have to get it altered at all? How awesome!

26. hillary says:

Two months! Crazy. I remember when you guys got engaged!