Catching up on wedding planning? Here are my previous posts on this topic:
- The Proposal
- Announcing our venue and date
- Asking my bridesmaids
- On hiring a wedding planner
- Wedding Inspiration
- On finding â€œthe oneâ€
- Our Invitations
- 8 months to go!
- 7 months to go!
- 6 months to go!
- 5 months to go!
- 4 months to go!
I can’t believe our wedding will be in three months. That’s 90 days! I think it’s going to fly. Who am I kidding, the last 13 months have flown so these next three are certainly going to.
Back to my list format that I haven’t done for a couple of months…
What’s been done in the last month:
- Venue Visit: We crossed a huge, giant, big to-do item off our list when we visited our venue for the first time just over a week ago. Seeing our venue in person helped us connect so many logistical dots and we got some other things crossed off the list while we were there like making final decisions on the decor and the dessert table. So great!
- Tux Shopping: On Saturday Eric and I went tux shopping for the first time. Something I thought would be a quick and simple process turned into a 3-hour ordeal with no resolution yet. The thing is we want dark grey / charcoal coloured tuxes for the guys but we couldn’t find anywhere that rented that colour (just suits for sale).
Then we tried to find some reasonably priced suits for sale in that colour and that proved to be impossible. Finally, we found a local store that could rent us the colour of tuxes we want but they are quite pricey. So now we’re thinking of just having Eric in the full tux and the guys can be in shirts / vest / ties (like the photos below). This will save our groomsmen a significant amount of money, which is really important to us. They are already traveling a long ways to be with us on our big day…
What do you guys think of this look? Also the first picture below is almost the same colour of tuxes we’re looking for. Maybe a tad darker.
On my to-do list for the next month:
- Order Tuxes: A big thing on our list for this month is to pick out the tuxes that we want to rent and get them ordered for Eric and the guys.
- Anxiously wait for the rest of the RSVP’s! We can’t really do a lot more now until we have all the RSVP’s in. Then we can start thinking about a seating chart and better planning out the dinner and cocktail hour and etc. Our RSVP deadline is one month from today and we only have about 1/3 of them in so I’m hoping I won’t have to start chasing people.
- Second dress fitting: I’m going with my mom and MOH to the seamstress at the end of this month for my second dress fitting. My mom still hasn’t seen me IN my dress so I’m really excited to have her here for it!
That’s about it. Not a lot going on over here. I’ve been super busy the last few months so I’m SO GLAD I got a lot of the major planning done in December and January. Other than the unproductive tux shopping the other day I haven’t been too stressed about wedding stuff. I’m still really excited to just be MARRIED already but I also can’t wait for the big day to be here and watch everything I’ve spent hours planning unfold.
Questions of the day: Anything that should be on my 3-month out list that I’m missing? What do you guys think of the vest-only option for the groomsmen like in the photo’s above?