Friday Favourites

Aron does a Friday’s Favourite’s post every so often showing off her favourite things from the week and I’ve also seen them on a few other blogs I read. I thought I’d jump on board and do one this week as well since I don’t feel like I have a lot to say lately.

Here are a few of my favourite things from this past week!

…Chloe’s latest trick is balancing a treat on her nose! So proud of her. She can balance it for about 15 seconds too!

143 out of 366

…my wedding shoes arrived the other day! After going shopping last weekend with my bridesmaid Jen and hitting up four different shoe stores we couldn’t find yellow shoes ANYWHERE. So I ordered these off amazon and they were in within a few days. LOVE them! They are the Nina Culver Bridal Pumps in yellow and they are really cute and comfortable with a nice low heel!

146 out of 366

…I’m loving my tiger tail this week. My calves have been really, really tight lately and this is the only thing I’ve found that gets nice and deep into the smaller muscles like my calves. I’ve been trying to roll with it for about 10 minutes every night.

22 inch tiger tail

…I tried Danica’s hair curling with a straightener trick this weekend and I really like how it turned out. My hair is super straight so it ended up being more wavy than anything but still a fun, and different, look from the same ole’ same ole’ I’ve been doing lately (see profile pic in top left of this blog for a picture of that).

Wavy hair

And finally, It’s Friday! How can that not be a favourite?

This weekend I have 16 km (10 miles) on deck on what I’ve heard is going to be a VERY hilly route, possibly snowboarding all day tomorrow and some reading and video-chatting with faraway friends planned. Should be a good one!

***

Questions of the day: What are your favourite things from this past week? What are you doing this weekend?

I love that picture of Chloe- that’s awesome how she can balance! Happy Friday to you! :)

2. Good luck with your 10 miles! I’ve got 6.5 on tap for my weekend…

Enjoy your weekend. I’ll be focusing more on college basketball than the super bowl. Truth.

3. AshleyD says:

Sounds like a fun weekend! I have to run 11 miles this weekend. I’m a little nervous, but I did it last Saturday, so I should be fine.

Other than that, I have a movie night planned with some bloggers tonight and I’m going to see Wicked on Sunday. I can’t wait!

Hmm, my favorite things from this week – finding out I’m a finalist for the Stratejoy essay contest and how sweet Ben has been. (For instance last night he charged my kindle, backed up my laptop, and put gas in my car so I wouldn’t have to do any of those things this morning!)

Happy weekend – talk to you soon! :)

5. Favorite thing for the week is feeling recovered/like myself again and being back at work full time. Sounds odd to say that, but I did not enjoy working from home when I was recovering. It was way more boring than being in the office!

I’m also glad it’s Friday. And that I have an appt to try on bridesmaid dresses.

Love your shoes!! I love yellow : ) Have a great weekend!!

7. Lindsey says:

I am just happy this week is over! It wasn’t too nice to us ;) But this weekend will be great, relaxing night at home tonight after a gym trip, Starbucks date with Chad tomorrow and a spa afternoon with girlfriends, then a get together with all the husband’s and kid’s for supper. Sunday are going to a friend’s to watch Superbowl – I really only care about the commercials!

8. Aww, Chloe is so cute! I’m looking forward to a Saturday spin class and relaxing this weekend, hopefully with time to read. Have a good one!

9. Ris says:

I’m just so glad it’s finally Friday! For some reason this weekend has felt super long. Here’s hoping today flies by!

10. I’ve got a fun weekend coming up too. Not snowboarding fun, but at least hanging with the parents fun. I’ll take it.

11. lisa says:

wavy hair looks good!

yay for yellow wedding shoes!

12. This week has kind of been a downer for me, but I did have a really great cream of asapargus and crab soup on Monday. So so good.

This weekend will find me working for sure on Saturday. Not sure what Sunday’s deal is yet, but probably more work followed by avoiding the Superbowl.

13. Morgan says:

Love. Those. Shoes!!!!!!!!! You know I’m on an all out mission for yellow shoes right?!??! :) LOL!

14. Bronwyn says:

This week I’m loving… my new lululemon gear. My little “side job” for a private practice dietitian. And I’m still not sure what I’m doing this weekend, except that I have 2 (3 including today) more yoga classes to do!

I am in love with your shoes!!!!

Right now my company is working an apparel show and as I was walking the floor, an exhibitor approached me about the straighteners they sell. They straighten (or curl) your hair using steam. He did my hair yesterday afternoon and after bowling and sleeping, its STILL curly. The company is Ella I think. Ive never had a straightener work that well!

I feel like I don’t have much to say lately either, which is why I have been so quiet. I guess it’s better than a crappy post :) The shoes look fantastic! Comfortable is a good thing….I brought a pair of sandals and it was the best idea ever!

Hope you have a great weekend! :)

17. Kyla Roma says:

Woah- Chloe’s got some self control! :)
    Your wedding shoes are very cute- I’m glad that a frustrating start to the search ended so well!

18. J says:

I Wore those same shoes for my wedding, just in red! They are so cute! Love the yellow!

19. Vanessa says:

I am in love with your wedding shoes. And your hair. And Friday posts. And, just…everything.

Happy weekend!

20. danica says:

I told you on twitter that I liked it and I truly do! It looks so cute and is something different and fun! Glad you liked the video and it was useful!

21. I love those shoes. My brother (Kyle)’s fiance Sabrina wants to get the Nina pumps like that but they are the Nina Forbes…a little higher. But I think she likes the color steel better than a silver so that’s what we might go with. I’m not very good at walking in high shoes so we’ll see. :)

I saw Danica’s hair post and I think mine would turn out similar to yours. I’d need like half a bottle of hairspray for it to do anything worth while. But I love the idea/look. My hair is just too stick straight for it I think.

Happy Friday and have fun on your hilly run!

I love your yellow shoes!! Super cute!!

Your hair looks nice wavy!! Nice change!

23. Destini says:

I love your wedding shoes!! So cute! Your hair looks great too :) I love curling my hair but when I do it myself it always falls out :( But the hairdresser always gets it perfect! Hehe Have a great weekend :)

24. My favorite things from this past week are: getting lots of requests to sub at some of my favorite schools, winning a book on Stephany’s blog, and the fact that on top of all schoolwork, I also finished a fiction book! It’s been a decent week. ;)

Those shoes are so adorable! They will look lovely with your dress!!!

25. OH! I knew I was forgetting something! I’m also very proud of myself for pushing myself through a 5K and actually timing it! I was nervous that I would quit and not push myself the entire time, but I ended up right at 40 minutes! So happy with that! :)

26. I love the treat trick! I do that with Lexie, but I have to balance it on her head because her nose is so pointy.

27. Kyria says:

I love those shoes! And you can use them afterward! Awesome! My hair is so straight and boring and in need of a cut. I may have to try this some time. I need a ton of hairspray for it to stay though! Good luck with your long run! How is the weather up there these days? Still chilly?

28. Melissa says:

You’re always so cute in your self portraits! Love the wavy look on you :) Your dog is also soooo cute and clearly becoming very well trained. Her face is all like “OMG please let me eat it! Please! Now? How about now?” Hahaha ;)

29. Paula says:

Having a great excuse to celebrate every night this week after getting my promotion was my favourite thing about this week!

30. You have really pretty hair!! I love the colour and cut.

Some friends are getting married today, so I am going to the wedding!!

Have a fabulous weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!