5 months to go!

Wow, wow, wow. 5 months! I can hardly believe this you guys. The big day is going to be here SO soon. I’ve said this before but my excitement about the wedding has ebbed and flowed over the past 11 months of being engaged. Right now, I’m kind of at the point where I’m just ready to be married! It’s not that wedding planning is stressing me out or anything, I’m just ready for the big day to be here!

I’ve also been really pre-occupied with some other stuff going on in my life that’s not wedding-related this month so wedding stuff has been put on the back-burner. Such is life I suppose, I can’t be constantly thinking about the wedding for 16 months, right!?

So anyways, instead of doing my usual to-do list format like I did in my 8 month, 7 month and 6 month countdown I am going to just share a bunch of stuff I’ve pinned to my Pinterest boards lately that is inspiring me r.e. all things wedding. God I love Pinterest 🙂

***

Dessert / Candy Bar

We are doing a dessert bar / candy bar at our wedding instead of a cake and also cupcakes with just a very small cake for the cake topper to sit on and for cutting. How cute is this dessert table using books as cupcake stands? I’m thinking maybe we can use our Harry Potter books since Eric and I are both such big fans of the series!

Books as cupcake stand

And since our main colour is yellow I definitely want lots of yellow cupcakes. Plus I LOVE lemon and coconut flavoured cupcakes!

Cupcakes

Hair Inspiration

I want a very loose up-do for my hair. I’ve pinned lots of different hairstyles recently but here are my favourites.

Hair 1 Hair 2

Hair 3 Hair 4

Flower for Hair

I’m also 95% sure I will not be doing a veil and will just have a flower in my hair instead. I’m currently debating between these two and currently leaning more towards the first one.

Flower for hair 1

Flower for hair 2

General Wedding Inspiration

And then of course there is my general wedding inspiration board! Lately I’m obsessing over having a self-serve lemonade stand at our cocktail hour. I am planning on talking to our catering manager about this when we are down visiting the venue at the end of March!

Lemonade stand

I’m also obsessed with chalkboards for some reason. We are definitely having one to list our cocktails for our cocktail hour (we are doing caesars – spicy for “him” and regular for “her”) but I love, love, love this “love story” chalkboard. What a cute thing that would be to have displayed at the reception!

Love story chalkboard

Our Venue!

And finally I will forever be obsessed with our amazing venue and pinning any and all photos of it that I can find! Our ceremony will hopefully take place in this exact same spot (weather pending) and we will also have sunflowers!

Ceremony location

If it rains, our ceremony will take place under a tent. Which I still think is gorgeous!

Ceremony under tent

Also currently obsessed with these photo locations:

Boardwalk photo

Sunset on the rocks

I love our venue so much. It’s very west coast and very, very us! OK, this blog post is filled up with enough photo’s now but if you want to know more about what’s inspiring me for our wedding then you can check out my Pinterest boards.

Also, rather than writing “source” a bajillion times throughout this post ALL of the photos above are linked back to pinterest where you can then get to their original source!

***

Any other brides-to-be out there who find Pinterest to be an invaluable resource? Which of the two hair flowers that I’m debating between do you like the best?

I am really obsessed with pinterest. I started to love it for pinning kindergarten ideas but now I just find it useful for everything. I definitely wish I had it when I was wedding planning!

I love looking at pictures of your venue AND those delicious cupcakes I cannot wait to eat. Yum. Yes it’s 6:51 am and I am thinking about eating cupcakes. Can’t believe it’s only five months away!

2. abbi says:

I love all of your ideas! The yellow, lemonade and sunflowers are all bringing back lots of memories. It’ll be here before you know it!

I’m not a bride to be but I’m completely obsessed with pinterest!

And I love everything about this post, the hair, the flower headpiece, the picture location, the love story (so cute!). You guys are going to have an unforgettable wedding! And don’t worry, I remember the last 5 months before my sisters’ wedding flying by

4. Lindsey says:

I wish Pinterest was around when we got married, such a great place for ideas! But then again it might have given me too many ideas 😉
    I like the 2nd flower with the feather. It is very similar to mine 🙂

5. 16 months is a long time be engaged. It only took us about 6 months to plan the wedding. Band-aid style, we did it short, sweet, and fast. and it all worked out in the end.

6. Ris says:

I love Pinterest! I bet it’s an amazing resource for planning a wedding!

Pinterest did not exist when we got married which is probably a good and bad thing as I was already addicted enough to The Knot and the message boards!

I love that bridge shot – you and Eric HAVE to get a photo there! Your wedding is going to be so gorgeous Amber!

8. Megan says:

I like the 3rd hairstyle the best (2nd row on the left), with the first flower! And that chalk board with the love story is such a cute idea!

I love the hair styles, especially the last one; it looks simple and sophisticated at the same time!

The chalkboard idea is adorable. Like cutest thing ever. I think we will be having our storyboard at our wedding which kind of roadmaps how the wedding planning went but I’d love to have our story somewhere too! I’m also thinking of doing a huge wall tree thing as to how we know everyone at our wedding… not sure if i can make it happen but would be fun for people, I think. Maybe. =)

I like the second flower best – but it’s hard to say without seeing the first one in someone’s hair 🙂 I love the updos you pinned! And the chalkboard idea! I REALLY wish Pinterest had been around when we were planning our wedding – I had to resort to flipping through piles of wedding magazines for inspiration – which was fun, but Pinterest would have been so much easier (especially at work, ha ha!)

11. Morgan says:

Def the first flower over the second!

Pinterest = invaluable resources for planning a wedding!!!

5 months! Eeek!!!

12. Melissa says:

So many beautiful pictures, your wedding is going to be gorgeous Amber! I think both of the hair flower are really pretty and so are all the updos you looked at. You should play around with them beforehand and see which fits you best/is most comfortable 🙂

I can’t BELIEVE it’s only 5 months away. I feel like I just started reading your blog, has it really been a year already? Time flies! I’ll definitely be thinking of you that whole day, I love weddings & can’t wait to hear aaaaaaallllll about it hehe 🙂

13. Leslie says:

We used lemons for our centerpieces and they looked great!! We got tons of comments on them.

14. It’s funny, but when you’re a year (or more) out from your wedding, you feel sort of ridiculous having to make decisions related to your special day (but, you do it, because you don’t want to risk not having a venue or photographer or dress). And then, it’s sort of insane how the time flies as you get closer and closer to your wedding, to the point where you don’t feel like you have enough time to get things done! Pinterest wasn’t around when I got married, but I suspect it’s a great way to create inspiration boards and to organize your thoughts. I like both of your hair flower ideas – can’t go wrong either way!

I really, REALLY wished I knew about Pinterest when I was planning my wedding last year! I still made a board for pretty wedding things because I miss planning so much, lol.

I think I like the 2nd hair flower the best, but the size of the flower should depend on how much hair you have too! You don’t want a huge hair flower pin overpowering your head.

• MissAmber says:

Oooh good point. It’s so hard to tell how big they are when looking online too. I should figure out what the return policy would be and possibly order both I guess!

16. Yes, I totally love pinterest and even started a wedding board after seeing some of the cute things you had pinned and searching for some “barn wedding” type things. Still not sure what/when/where/how we’ll do our wedding when the time comes, but it’s nice to have a place for SO many ideas. Sometimes, it can be a bit overwhelming though…how to choose when there are so many cool ideas out there?! Looks like you have some GREAT things picked out and the wedding is going to be a lot of fun.

17. Rachel says:

your picture locations are noted. haha. but um. i’m going to knock this out of the park. you don’t even KNOW. be very excited.

I love every single thing you have on here!!! YAY I am so excited for you

19. Hayley says:

Congratulations! We’re 4 months to the day right now. Starting to get a little nervous with all the tasks still to be done!

20. Ah, how exciting! Your wedding is going to be so much fun. I love the book idea for the dessert table – great way to incorporate your shared love of HP books! 🙂

I like both flowers – tough choice! And your hair inspiration really reminds me of Brooke’s hair on her wedding day. I wish I had a picture of the back of it!

21. I totally wish Pinterest was around when I was getting married!!! It is amazing!

Love all your ideas! The hair is very pretty – all pics!

22. The Linz says:

I am so excited that the big day is quickly approaching!! I wish I had known about pinterest last year when I was planning my wedding. I actually found my inspiration board yesterday and laughed out loud –it was a word document with photos cut and pasted from all dif wedding websites. It was pinterest before it’s time. I think it would have made my life SO much easier!!

23. Heidi says:

Love the first one!!

The chalkboard idea is adorable!!

24. I still haven’t jumped on the pinterest bandwagon. It seems that everyone’s been using it, but I’m just not all that interested in it.

25. Shoshanah says:

5 months seems so soon! Especially knowing once you get married ours is just around the corner!!

26. Jessica says:

I LOVE the hair inspiration, that will look so gorgeous on you. And I’ve been to a wedding with a dessert bar, it was fab!

27. Lindsey says:

So I realize we just “met” today, and have already decided we have some stuff in common. BUT, get this. I will also have been engaged for 16 months when we get married, and I pinned all the same hairstyles as you. No really, go look. http://pinterest.com/smalls530/wedding-hair/.

Also, I’m such a huge HP fan, that I’m having a Harry Potter bridal shower.

Clearly we’re soulmates.