The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Good evening! What a full day we’ve had. Time for a recap πŸ™‚

We didn’t get to Orlando until almost 2 AM local time last night. This resulted in only five hours of sleep but we both still bounded out of bed this morning because we were so excited to get over to the parks! Apparently Orlando has been hit with some sort of “cold spell” and it was only 10 C (about 50 F) when we left the hotel this morning. Not good considering all I packed Eric and I to wear are t-shirts, shorts and capri’s!

I tweeted this while we were waiting for our shuttle:

Screen shot 2011 11 11 at 4 42 29 PM

I really was shivering but walking around the park and standing in the sun quickly warmed me up!

We got dropped off at Universal around 9:00 AM and immediately beelined it for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Little did we know the Today Show and some of the Harry Potter cast members were at the park filming today so it was BUSY!

DSC 0019

We took some photos as we walked through Jurassic Park to get to HP but didn’t stop for any rides!

DSC 0026

And then we were there! It was AWESOME!

DSC 0030 DSC 0031

I cannot even explain how super, duper busy it was. Later when we went for lunch the waitress told us that it had been a ghost town for the last few weeks but then with the Today Show coming 22,000 people were expected at HP world that day. Whoa!

We caught a glimpse of Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) while we were there!

DSC 0036

Eric got this really good photo of him as he was whisked past us:

IMG 0996

After that excitement was over we decided to hit up some of the attractions! Eric got in line at Ollivander’s (wand shop) while I went to get us some butterbeer.

DSC 0041 IMG 0997

I had the frozen one and Eric had the chilled one. I did not like the chilled version AT ALL but the frozen version was very good! A little too sweet though, I drank about 3/4 of it.

About 45 minutes of waiting later we were able to go into Ollivander’s!

DSC 0047

It was so cool!

DSC 0050 DSC 0049

Then Eric got a wand and one of the shirts that Harry Potter wore during the triwizard tournament in the Goblet of Fire!

DSC 0051

Can anyone tell which wand he got?! πŸ˜‰

DSC 0069

After we were done at Ollivander’s it was time to head up to the castle!

IMG 1002

We then waited in line for just over an hour to go on the Forbidden Journey ride in Hogwarts but it was so, so, so worth it. We are hoping to go back tomorrow and go on it again! Plus the wait wasn’t too bad because about half of it was IN the castle and they had lots of cool stuff to entertain you!

After we were done at Hogwarts we headed back down to Hogsmeade to go into Honeydukes and Zonko’s!

DSC 0073 DSC 0074

DSC 0079

There were lots of things we *wanted* to buy but we only ended up walking out with one thing…

DSC 0084

We haven’t tried any yet πŸ˜‰

And that pretty much concluded our time at Harry Potter World for the day. The crowds were getting overwhelming and we were starving so decided to leave Islands of Adventure and find some food on City Walk.

DSC 0088

It felt SO GOOD to sit down and relax for a bit, especially with this view in front of us.

Bliss!

DSC 0089

I’m so glad our waitress told us to wait and see if we were still hungry after eating our appetizer nacho’s. We had grand plans for what we wanted for lunch but didn’t realize how huge the plate of nacho’s was!

DSC 0094

I enjoyed two margarita’s and Eric had two beers while we munched on our nacho’s, chatted and took in the view. It was so nice to hang out and relax for a bit.

DSC 0093

After a big meal and a couple of drinks the 5 hours of sleep and 6 hours on our feet caught up with us. We wandered back into the park and half-heartedly checked out the other half of IOA (Dr. Seuss and The Lost Continent). But we were tired and just not into it. We decided we couldn’t handle another four hours at the parks (what time our hotel shuttle would be coming back) and took a cab back to our hotel.

Once back I proceeded to devour this and tweet up a storm about seeing Rupert Grint. We also checked out the Harry Potter segment on the Today Show.

DSC 0101

And then we fell asleep and were OUT for about four hours. Now we are just kind of chilling at our hotel, still a little full from those nacho’s and chocolate apple but thinking about going somewhere for appies and drinks.

We’re hoping we’ll have renewed energy tomorrow to tackle the Universal side of the park, go back to HP World one more time, and check out the Jurassic Park rides. I’m thinking having more than 5 hours of sleep will help with that. And, of course, we’re meeting STEPHANY for dinner tomorrow night which I’m so so excited about!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Friday, whether you were working or not. See you tomorrow with another LONG recap πŸ™‚ Hope you don’t mind!

1. Melissa says:

So much awesomeness!!!! I actually don’t even know what PART to comment on because I am completely and entirely jealous of this whole day. It does sound VERY exhausting though. Gah! So jealous! Rupert! Butterbeers! Hogwarts! I’m just so overwhelmed and I’m not even THERE… Imagine the day I DO go? Oh boy haha πŸ™‚ [I just re-read my comment… So many exclamation marks… lol!]

OMG those NACHOS! That makes me want nachos soooo bad, lol! And – I probably would’ve cleaned out that candy shop!

I’m not a Harry Potter fan, but that looks like so much fun – and too cool that you seen one of the stars of the movie!

3. April says:

ZOMG those nachos at Margaritaville are to die for! Have fun tomorrow, Universal is so much fun!!

4. Heidi says:

So glad you’re having a great time! How awesome that some cast are there!? You’re so lucky! Enjoy the day tomorrow!!

I had the Margaritaville nachos in mexico with my bf and made the mistake of ordering wings with them. We did not finish half of it. I also had the “woman to blame” margarita which looks just like the one you had, so good!! πŸ™‚

Enjoy the rest of your trip|!

5. Kyria says:

Watch out for the snot flavored beans! Have fun!

Those nachos look awesome. The portions in the US sometimes really are too huge!

6. Kyria says:

Oops, maybe it was earwax flavor? Do they have snot flavor? Whatever, just be careful!

I’ve actually never been to the WWoHP but I just recently fell in love with Harry Potter + the last time we were there, it had just opened and the lines into it were OUT OF CONTROL by 8am.

I’m still so jealous you saw Rupert Grint in person. I have a major crush on him. πŸ˜‰

That margarita looks so good. YUM!

SQUEE! LESS THAN 12 HOURS UNTIL WE MEET!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Lisa of Lisa's Yarns says:

This was so fun to read. You guys are just too cute. I am so glad that you are having a good vacation and are enjoying your time down there! I read the HP books sibling ago now! I want to re read them but have so many other books I want to read!

OMG I’m SO jealous of you right now! I mean, I love Harry Potter, but didn’t know if I’d ever really want to go to that park but after seeing your pictures, I totally want to! Hope you’re having another great day today!

10. Oh my gosh, this looks like SO MUCH FUN! I cannot wait to go down there someday!!!!!!

The wand Eric got is Dumbledore’s, right?

11. awesome! i actually saw that episode of that tv show while on the treadmill at the gym yesterday and thought of you, hoping you go to see him..glad you did!! πŸ™‚ hope you’re having fun! HP world is awesome!

12. Lindsey says:

My husband got those same nachos once and the waitress said are these just for you? He said yes, and she just laughed…then later came out with those! He managed to eat them all too! It was hilarious!

13. Vanessa says:

Everything about this post is awesome. Glad you’re having a good time!

14. Shoshanah says:

I realize it wasn’t planned, but I think it must have been pretty awesome being there the same day after the Today Show. Especially since you got to see Rupert Grint. Hopefully today, aka Saturday, is a little less crowded.

15. Nikki says:

Oh I’m so jealous! I’d love to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Glad y’all are having so much fun!

16. J says:

OMG IT looks amazing! I love all that candy! Sounds like you two are having so much fun!

17. abbi says:

Looks like you are having a great trip. I’m now hungry for nachos, those look good!

18. Mom says:

Which wand was it?

19. Ha – it’s funny to read this because nothing is familiar since I haven’t read Harry Potter. But I am glad you guys are having fun. I know amusement parks can be exhausting, but exciting. Rest up!

20. Stefanie says:

Next time we visit Florida, we definitely have to check out Islands of Adventures. It sounds like a blast. My husband is a total Jurassic Park geek — it’ll be perfect for him. πŸ™‚

21. […] let’s rewind! Where I last left off Eric and I were looking for a place to go for appies and drinks since we were still very much on […]

22. So cool!
    I hope you sang Margaritaville the whole time you were in there. I totally would have.

23. The hubby and I have never read the Harry Potter books, and hadn’t seen any of the movies until last week. We have now seen the first 2 … but so far, I am not really into them. I want to keep watching just to see what the big deal is, but I hope they get better.

24. […] The Wizarding World of Harry Potter […]