Medieval Times

Catching up on our whirlwind trip to Seattle and Orlando?

***

A full 19 hours after we got in our shuttle to the airport in Orlando yesterday morning we arrived home last night! Eric is a rockstar for driving most of the way home through weather like this – on his birthday to boot!

Blizzard

Anyways, this is the first time I’ve had a chance to sit down with my computer since Sunday so I am recapping our last day in Orlando, which was Sunday, a little late!

The day started really relaxed. We slept in, ate breakfast at the hotel, lounged around, I wrote a blog post. It was lovely! Finally, around 11:00 AM we set out to walk the 0.5 miles to City Walk and pick up the caricature I’d forgotten at the restaurant the night before.

I am a little disappointed in our caricature because I do not think it looks like me at all. I totally see Eric in it though. What do you guys think?

67 out of 365

After one last trip to the Universal/City Walk area we caught a cab to Kissimmee, which is about 15 miles away, because there was a giant flea market there Eric wanted to check out and that’s where we had tickets to Medieval Times that night.

DSC 0172

The flea market was fun and I ended up buying a knock-off Guess wallet and we got a few souvenirs to take home. We also got our picture taken with these parrots (yes this is a picture of a picture, ha!) It’s funny because Eric is terrified in this picture. Lol

DSC 0228

Then we decided to start walking in the direction of Medieval Times. We ended up walking 3.5 miles before getting a cab!

On the way we stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch! I always hear about CB on Twitter and other blogs so I wanted to check it out. We ended up having a really good, inexpensive meal so I was impressed!

DSC 0171

The place that finally made us stop walking was none other than Super Target! I had wanted to take Eric to a Target so when we came up on one I said we HAD to go in. We ended up buying some new work and school clothes.

DSC 0176 DSC 0177

Then we caught a cab to the main reason we were even in that area: Medieval Times! It was Eric’s 25th birthday yesterday and the whole trip was kind of for his birthday weekend but Medieval Times was something I booked especially for him (not really my thing) and Eric was really excited!

DSC 0179

We decided since a) we were celebrating Eric’s birthday and b) it was the last night of our trip we were going to have a few drinks 🙂

DSC 0186

We were there 1.5 hours early so had a couple drinks and looked at all the stuff they had before the show started. Soon it was time to be seated!

DSC 0193

I have been to Medieval Times in California before and have to admit it’s a pretty cool show. Basically you get to watch live jousting and sword fighting while enjoying a medieval times themed meal that you eat with your hands. Each person is given a colour of crown and section and that is the knight they are supposed to cheer for. Ours was the red knight and he died first. Boo!

DSC 0203

The food was actually really good. We started with a tomato bisque soup and garlic toast – you had to drink the soup of course, there were no spoons!

DSC 0196

I had the vegetarian meal which was a spear of grilled veggies, some wild rice with beans mixed in and hummus and tortilla chips. It was delicious!

DSC 0210

Eric had a big hunk of roast chicken, a sparerib and a potato. All which he had to eat with his hands (I was given a fork for my rice, how nice!)

DSC 0213

Lot’s of wine (me!) and beer (him!) was consumed.

DSC 0215

It was a really fun night!

DSC 0211 DSC 0205

DSC 0224

IMG 1068

A $50 cab ride later (seriously, SO expensive) we were back at our hotel, quite tipsy, and attempting to pack our suitcase (Eric packed and I supervised) before we had to be up in 6 hours to catch our shuttle!

We had such a fun trip and I’ll admit I was a little sad for it to end! And that concludes the recaps, hope you enjoyed them 🙂

I am just starting to catch up on blogs now so tell me, how was your weekend?

1. Lindsey says:

We always have wanted to check out Medieval Times! Maybe when we go to AZ this winter 🙂 I agree, not sure I see you in the caricature?!

2. nikki says:

I can’t believe you guys spent 1/4 of your trip in transit! You brave souls!

We’re going to Disneyland around Christmastime and will be seeing a Medieval Times show while we’re there, they are seriously so fun and you’re right – the food is surprisingly good. If Eric was really into it, you should take him to Las Vegas sometime and stay at the Excalibur — they have a knights’ show in the hotel and you may just run into one of them while hanging out at a nickel machine 😉

I haven’t been to Medieval Times since I was really young. Did you love it? Eric’s face in the second to last picture cracks me up! Glad you guys had a great trip 🙂

4. Mom says:

When we took the kids to Medieval times in California, Amber and her BF Michele both said, this looks stupid, we don’t want to go, this is gonna be dumb. When we arrived and two handsome young princes rode up to them and gave them flowers, all of a sudden it was – Oh this is going to be fun, this is ok, we like it.

She always forgets to tell that part of it when she says she went to Medieval times in California.

• Mom says:

And I was worried about the roads, I’d been hearing on CBC that there was snow. I’m glad you made it home ok and really glad you had your winter tires on your car.

5. Bronwyn says:

Sounds like you guys had a fantastic trip! I’m so jealous you went to Harry Potter world! Someday.

What a great great trip you had! I’ve never been to a Medieval Times, but I want to go! And that caricature does NOT look like you at all! Ha!

7. Robin says:

I love Orlando. I go there twice a year and I swear there are so many things I still don’t know about. Glad you had a nice trip. Love all the pictures.

Medieval Times is a fun experience! Your veggie meal looks so good!

The caricature is awesome! I agree that it doesn’t represent you quite as well as it does Eric but still neat!

OMG, I am CRACKING UP at your Mom’s comment. HA!

I’ve never even heard of Medievel Times and it sounds… interesting. Not my cuppa tea. 😉 And yay, you went to Cracker Barrel! I used to hate that place and now it’s my favorite place for Saturday brunches!

10. Morgan says:

Yeah that looks nothing like you?!?!? Where is the red hair? Bummer dude! 🙁

I’m so glad you guys had so much fun in O-town! I have been reading your recaps and getting all homesick.

Cracker Barrel is the sh*t! Love that place!!!

Looks like Medieval Times was a blast!

I did the medieval times dinner in Vegas the first time I went to Vegas. It was a girl’s weekend for my 25th birthday. It might have been cheesy but I love medieval times so I thought the show was fun!

12. Katrina says:

LOL That’s awesome, sounds and looks like you two had a super fun trip!! I especially like the looped pics at the end!!! AWESOME!!!
    My weekend was working on the house and being lazy at the same time…..taking full advantage of my mom doing everything while they’re here…..love her!!!!

13. Caz says:

I’ve been to Cracker Barrel a few times on road trips to-from Florida. Mostly we go as a joke because my mom and I had an insane laughing fit in one once when I was in high school. I can’t repeat what we were cracking up about because it’s pretty mean, but now we still go to Cracker Barrel on Florida trips! (Not that I’ve been for like 10 years).

Glad you loved your trip!

14. Melissa says:

I’ve never heard of this Medieval Times thing… Sounds super cool! Looks like you had a fantastic trip, I can see why you’d be sad that it’s over. It’s always tough getting back into the swing of things after an awesome trip!

PS your food at the MT looked soooooo good. Yum!

15. This sounds like such a fun time!!! I have never been to a Medieval Times, but there was one in the shopping center where I worked in South Carolina. I so regret not going!!!

16. Ugh. That sucks that the cab rides were SO expensive. 🙁 Bummer… I hate taking cabs!

That looks like so much fun and I am glad you posted some pictures of Eric! He looks great in all those photos and you can just see how much he is enjoying himself!

So many great pictures of you guys! The caricature is interesting… I don’t really see either of you in it… I mean MAYBE a little Eric… or should I say the sleazy version of Eric haha.

18. I’ve loved reading about your trip – looks like y’all had SO much fun! And I would never have guessed that Medieval Times would have had a vegetarian option. And it looks delicious!

19. Medeival Times is so much fun. I cant wait to go there again at some point.

I can kind of see you in the caricature, but it is odd that your hair is blonde. I think we all know your hair is so not blonde.

20. Megan says:

Mmm, Cracker Barrel!

I’m glad you had such a fun trip. I’ve never been to Medeival Times, but it sounds fun! The food looks yummy.

21. Kyria says:

I have never been to Mid-evil Times. It looks like a lot of fun!

The caricature doesn’t really look like you totally, but it sure is fun anyway!

You look skinnier! And good! I don’t know how you manage it when you are eating meals like the ones I see above!! But what have you been doing? Really?

22. That caricature looks NOTHING like you! Not even a resemblance, LOL!

My weekend was full of homework (last weekend, this weekend and the next). Luckily it will be over soon!