Victoria Trip: Day One

Hello friends. It’s late here so this will be a really quick post 🙂 This morning Leigh got dropped off at my house and we made the 3-hour trek south to Vancouver. We hit some weird weather that included insane fog where we couldn’t see more than 10 feet in front of us.

We made it safely and met Lisa and Lauren at the lululemon factory outlet in Burnaby where I proceeded to spend way too much money. Then we grabbed a quick lunch and headed for the ferry.

Lululemon stuff

We pulled up at around 3:45 PM for the 4:00 PM ferry and proceeded to sprint to make it on time! So I guess I don’t have to worry about missing my run this morning 😉

The ferry ride was gorgeous and went by pretty fast!

DSC 1029

DSC 1027

After taking a bus into downtown Victoria we arrived at our hotel about 3 hours after leaving Vancouver! I booked our hotel a few months ago and while it looked a little sketch from the outside it actually ended up being quite nice and apartment-like on the inside!

DSC 1030

DSC 1031 DSC 1032

After settling in to our hotel we headed out for dinner – one of my favourites – thai food! I was starving and dinner was so, so, so good! I had the vegetarian pad thai.

DSC 1033

DSC 1034

After dinner we sought out a grocery store and picked up some banana’s, bagels, peanut butter and a few other snacky things for the weekend and then wandered through downtown Victoria as we made our way to the Empress for some dessert and jazz music.

Victoria is a really pretty city. I’m excited to run through it on Sunday!

DSC 1036 DSC 1040

We wrapped up our great night in the Bengal Lounge at The Empress where we ate some delicious dessert, listened to jazz music and chatted!

DSC 1041

DSC 1051

DSC 1049 DSC 1048

It was a great first night in Victoria! I’m yet to get a photo of all four of us girls together so I’m making that my mission for tomorrow.

Hope everyone’s weekend is off to a great start. See you tomorrow evening for a recap of our second day in Victoria 🙂

1. H-woman says:

I’ve only been to Victoria once, but I loved it!! Have a fabulous weekend!

2. Heather C says:

Have fun today at the expo! Love catching up on the trip through you & Sass’ recaps 🙂

Looks amazing!! Have fun!

Sounds like a great trip so far! I am definitely going to visit that Lululemon factory next summer… I feel bad for Eric even in advance, please tell me there is some kind of Nike outlet or something similar right next door?

The ferry looks beautiful too! It’s amazing how many beautiful places there are in the world, and there is no way I’ll ever get to all of them!

Can’t wait to see a picture of the 4 of you together tonight 🙂

5. Ah Victoria….such a fantastic city!! And you’re right, you’re going to have a blast running there. Especially through the waterfront. It doesn’t get much better than that!!!! 🙂

6. Lindsey says:

Have a great time girls! You both will rock the race tomorrow!

7. I loved reading this post, Amber!!!! You girls look like you’re having so much fun! What gorgeous scenery 🙂 🙂 🙂 Thanks for giving us a “peek” into Day 1! I’ll continue checking back for updates 🙂 GOOD LUCK if I don’t get another chance to tell you before tomorrow!

8. Naomi says:

Victoria is truly one of my most favorite cities in the whole world! Have fun! Can’t wait to read more about your trip and race!

9. Melissa says:

Looks like you’re having fun so far! That pad thai looks SO good omg…

10. nicole says:

Looks like you girls are having lots of fun! I can’t believe I didn’t remember to check out the lulu factory outlet when I was in Burnaby!!!

Aw, it looks like you guys are having such a fun time. I hope today went well and GOOD LUCK tomorrow!! I can’t wait to hear how you do. 🙂

12. Looks like your weekend got off to a good start! I need to go to Victoria. I’ve only been there once in my life and I was too young to really do anything all that fun.
    Enjoy your weekend Amber! 🙂

13. Lisa of Lisa's Yarns says:

Great recap amber!! 🙂 we are having such a fabulous time and I am glad yoi are recording it on your blog!! Now if only you posted the picture of the tiger!! 😉

Looks fabulous! Hope you have a great race tomorrow!

15. Shoshanah says:

I haven’t had Thai food in forever! And of course your pad thai is definitely making me crave some!

16. Ummm, that chocolate dessert looks pretty incredible!

I have never been to Victoria, but some of our really good friends live there, and we might be going this summer 🙂

17. […] time is something Eric and I both treasure a lot. I went away on two girls weekends this year leaving Eric alone for 4-5 days and he enjoyed that. It worked well for us because I like […]