Minneapolis Trip: Day 3

(Sorry about all the weird fonts/spacing in this post. I’m literally on my last straw with Ecto and I’m thisclose to deleting it and trying something different!)

***

Catching up from the weekend? Here are the updates from my first two days in Minneapolis!

***

After a very long and busy day on Saturday we decided to keep things low-key on Sunday! It started with Amber and I renting bikes and biking across the bridge to meet Lisa for brunch after she went to Church. Biking around the city was a large part of Day 3 and it was such a fun way to see more of Minneapolis!

Lesli also met us for brunch! It was fun to meet another blogger 🙂

DSC_0935.JPG

Lisa picked out the best restaurants for us to enjoy during our visit. This brunch was at the Wilde Roast Cafe and it was amazing. I had a strata (which I’d never heard of before) with roasted potatoes. I had to resist making an ‘mmmmh’ sound with every bite of this meal!

DSC_0933.JPG
Lesli had to leave right after brunch so us three went over to a bridge near the cafe to take some photos. Amber and I had been gushing about Lisa’s amazing neighbourhood the whole weekend – it was just such a perfect blend of downtown urban living that still had lots of nature.

DSC_0953.JPG

Amber really enjoyed playing with my DSLR camera and got some really fun/funny pictures of Lisa and I. We called them our “engagement photos”. Haha

DSC_0947.JPG DSC_0950.JPG

After we were done with our photo taking we jumped on the bikes! ! I have to say, biking around a city with friends is just so relaxing and fun. I really, really enjoyed seeing more of the city this way! This nice ride program they have in Minneapolis is just too cool for words (Lisa blogged about it HERE if you want to know how it works!)

DSC_0954.JPG

DSC_0957.JPG biking.jpg

We stopped on the Stone Arch pedestrian/biker bridge by Lisa’s house for some MORE photo’s. Sorry but Lisa’s neighbourhood is just so gorgeous, we couldn’t resist!

DSC_0962.JPG

Breathtaking right?!

DSC_0964.JPG

DSC_0965.JPG

We then biked downtown to go to my favourite American store (that is soon coming to Canada!) Target!!!! I shopped my little heart out and got four tops, a dress and a new sports bra. After our shopping trip we headed to the theatre for a relaxing afternoon at the movie. All three of us read One Day this year so we thought it would be fun to go to the movie together.

one-day-poster-anne-hathaway-jim-sturgess.jpg

This movie was great – definitely one of the best books to movies I’ve seen. That being said, I could see why someone who hasn’t read the book might not enjoy it. I feel like the movie and book really complement each other. But if you’ve read the book I highly recommend checking out the movie as well.

After the movie we spent some time at Caribou Coffee so I could write this blog post and then hopped on our bikes again to go for one last dinner – another one of my American favourites. CHIPOTLE! 🙂

chipotle salad.jpg

After dinner we walked back to Lisa’s, got into our PJ’s, sipped wine, watched 500 Days of Summer and had some great conversation about relationships! It was the perfect way to end our weekend.

Usually I am ready to get home after a weekend away and while I of course missed Eric, Webster and Chloe, I was NOT ready to leave Minneapolis yesterday! I had SO MUCH FUN with Lisa and Amber. It really was the perfect weekend that was a mix of busy, active and relaxing and also included plenty of good food and good conversation. I miss these girls so much already and I cannot wait for my next blogger weekend coming up in October.

Screen shot 2011-08-29 at 10.18.43 PM.png

I posted this to my blogs Facebook page and I completely stand by it. There is just something that can’t be described about spending time with people who know so much about you from reading your blog but whom you’ve never met before.

***

Question of the day: What does a “perfect weekend” entail for you?? I like being active, spending time with friends or family and eating good food 🙂

I love your photo shoot “engagement” photos- so cute! Lisa’s neighborhood definitely looks amazing in all the pictures and the pictures she’s posted 🙂 Your Eric is going to have to stop working weekends so you can love all weekends more!

My perfect weekend is like yours, added in a little touristy stuff with Eric 🙂 Also sometimes I need more or less relaxation depending on what I did during the week haha.

2. Lisa of Lisa's Yarns says:

Aw this makes me miss you even more! If my Internet ever starts working again (ha) I will do a post but it won’t compare to this! Thanks for capturing our weekend so well!

That weekend was my ideal weekend. A good mix of being active + downtime + good friends + great food!!

Miss you! Glad we will see each other in 6 weeks!!!!!

3. The land of 10,000 lakes is beautiful no doubt. I’ve always wanted to go there.

A perfect weekend to me is having a to-do list and getting it done. Could be gardening, training, or family time, or a combination. But I like to be organized about my free time. which is unlike my work time.

4. lisa says:

Soon to have Target in Canada? Oh you are so going to love that!

5. doniree says:

I love these Minneapolis recap posts! Mpls is my hometown (in fact, I’m here now visiting family and friends!) and love seeing other people so enthusiastic about this amazing city 🙂 Glad you had fun, and I totally agree – blog friend weekends are amaaaaazing!

I’m glad you had such a good time! I wish I could have been there! I totally second the tweet you wrote – weekends with blogging friends are the best!

Glad you had such a great time on your trip!
    My perfect weekend would be a mix of being active and relaxing. One where I spend most of it outside in the sun and the perfect fall temperatures. A good run or two.. hang out with friends and family. Basically what you just described haha
    I’m overdue for a weekend like that but I’m going home this weekend for the long weekend and I could not be more excited!

It sounded like you guys had a perfect weekend! Can’t wait for our weekend in October 🙂

I really need to have a blog weekend soon! I’ve never had one and they seem like so much fun! I love the “engagement” photos, hehe. 🙂

10. Your recaps are so wonderful! I just know I am going to go back and read them often.
    It cannot be said enough how wonderful this weekend was. Simply amazing. I’m missing both you and Lisa terribly!

11. Lindsay says:

Sounds like a fun weekend! Having a local guide makes things easy and smooth. Love that you biked EVERYWHERE! Definitely a cool program and a great way to get around on your mini-vacation.

Yes, every weekend should be blogger friends weekend. I’m so glad you had a lovely time and enjoyed everything that you girls did. The photos you took are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.

And my perfect weekend? I think it would involve books, friends, Knight, shopping and some drinks, along a beach.

13. Katrina says:

Looks like you had such a fun weekend get away!! The bike thing is awesome!
    We have Target here in Calgary and it SUCKS!!! There are signs up saying its no affliated with the US Target…..it has fairweather clothes there and other really junky stuff……HATE IT!!!

14. It really does sound like the perfect weekend. 🙂
    Im glad you liked the movie, I felt like it was missing something. I havent read the book yet so maybe thats why?

New to your blog! Can’t wait to read more. I visited MN about 3 years ago and it is still one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been and I’ve been to a lot of states. My sister in law lived there before moving to NC for college.

16. 1. I love the engagement photo shoot. 2. I love that those bikes say “nice ride” and 3. I’m so glad you girls had a ton of fun!

17. I love your engagement pics, so funny. Glad you had a chance to hit up Target! I hope you pronounced it “Tar-JHAY” for Francophile Lisa’s benefit, lol!

18. Jessica says:

Glad you liked the movie! I want to check it out this weekend. Wasn’t a huge fan of the book but am curious to see the adaptation. And reading this makes me miss Minneapolis!

19. nicole says:

What a great weekend!!! I love all my Blogger friends! How far are you from MI???

20. Those bikes are SO cool!!!!!!

A perfect weekend for me involves being with the hubby and all of our friends. Doesn’t really matter what we are doing 🙂

21. I have had trouble seeing your last couple posts. I left a comment on this one, but I don’t think it worked.

LOVE the bikes. They are super cool.

Also, a perfect weekend for me involves spending time with the hubby and all of our friends. It doesn’t really matter what we are doing, as long as we are all together (and I don’t have homework to do).

22. Shoshanah says:

I love that you guys were all wondering if I had seen One Day! Unfortunately I didn’t see it opening weekend, but am glad I still managed to make it. Looking back I did enjoy the movie, but I think my expectations were so high it couldn’t quite live up.

And I love Chipotle too! But we don’t have any around here, so I rarely get to go. Thankfully we do have a few places similar as well, so I’m not completely missing out.

23. Rachel says:

Ya, Target sport bras!! Money well spent! I wear mine all the time, and they have been (dare I say) almost as good as my Lulu’s.

My perfect weekend is any weekend I can get away and turn my cell phone off!

Your trip looks like it was way too much fun! Great recaps!!!

Looks like such an amazing trip!! Love the funny photos you took and your camera makes me want a DSLR even more!!!

That bike system looks very similar to the one in Paris which is genius!! I loved exploring Paris via bicycle, especially because it saved my feet big time!!

25. Becks says:

Looks like a great vacation!

I don’t know much about One Day, but the little clip I saw of it…I think when Anne Hatheway was interviewed on the Daily Show, it looked like an interesting movie. I didn’t realize it was a book, I’ll have to check it out.

26. Sid says:

Perfect weekend. Waking up in a game reserve. Just kinda being awoken my the sounds of lions or elephants. Reading a book. Going for game drives. Yep, that sounds about right.