Minneapolis Trip: Day 1

Wrote this last night but the Internet wasn’t working to post it, so trying again this morning – Lisa and I are up ridiculously early to go run 12 miles! πŸ˜‰

***

Hi from Minneapolis! I can’t believe the first day of this trip that we’ve been planning for SO LONG is already over! My flight was delayed so I didn’t get in until late Thursday night. By the time Lisa and I crashed into bed it was 1:00 AM (11:00 PM PST) and I slept like a rock last night.

This morning we rolled out of bed, had some coffee and a banana and set out for a 4-mile run along the beautiful river path right by her condo. Running with the Minneapolis skyline right behind us (and then in front of us on our way back). I had a little bit of trouble adjusting to the change in air here (it’s a lot muggier and more humid then what I’m used to) but other than that the run went great and it was so fun to see more of the neighbourhood that Lisa lives in and loves!

amber running msp.jpg

lisa and amber - run.jpg

Soon after we got back from our run and had showered Amber arrived from Iowa! The three of us headed for lunch at an awesome spot in St. Paul and then went wedding dress shopping for me!!

DSC_0835.JPG

Oh, and Lisa added to her outwear collection πŸ™‚ We jaywalked across the street so she could buy a plum jacket she spotted in the window! Haha.

DSC_0836.JPG

You guys, I may have found “the one”. Here it is:

amber ruffled wedding dress.jpg

KIDDING. Did anyone think I was actually serious? Ha!

But in all seriousness, I did find what I think is THE ONE. I keep going back to look at photos of myself in it that the girls took on their iPhones. I’m going to sleep on it for a night or two before making the final decision but I’m pretty sure I’ve found my dress!

After a full afternoon of dress shopping we picked up groceries and headed back to Lisa’s place where we (aka: mostly Lisa) made an amazing, gourmet meal of black bean burgers, grilled veggies, rosemary roasted potatoes. We enjoyed red wine and caesars with our meal. It was seriously delish – one of the best meals I’ve had in a long time!

DSC_0848.JPG

DSC_0849.JPG

DSC_0862.JPG

We ate outside on the deck at Lisa’s building we came back up to her condo and made some chocolate banana soft serve that had marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate chips and sprinkles. Yup, it was as amazing as it looks.

DSC_0871.JPG

Now we’re sitting around in our PJ’s visiting! Lisa and I are getting up at 5:50 AM tomorrow to run 12 miles so I guess we should probably go to bed. We’re also going to the Minnesota State Fair tomorrow!

I am having the BEST trip so far and don’t want my weekend to end πŸ™‚

Wow that dress is pretty awesome- I kinda wish that was your dress just to see what kind of whispering would be going on at your wedding haha. I so wanna see a picture of “the one” though πŸ™‚

I’m glad you guys are having so much fun. The dinner looks amazing!

2. This recap was amazing and there is no way I can follow this up (but, of course I’ll try. πŸ˜‰ )

I’m still in such awe that I have met all of these wonderful ladies through blogging, I feel so blessed! I think an addiction to meeting bloggers is inevitable for me.

Looks like you’re having so much fun!! That’s awesome that you may have found “the one”!

4. Kyria says:

Yay, fun! It’s been following along on twitter as well! I knew that dress was THE ONE! I hope your long run went well. You are lucky; it is way cooler here now than it was a couple of weeks ago!

What are you talking about? That dress is BEAUTIFUL! πŸ˜‰

Your trip sounds so fabulous and YAY for hopefully finding The One! That’s such a huge step. Woohoo!

I’m glad you’re having a good trip πŸ™‚ I found my dress the first day I went shopping – it was the first one I tried on at the second store we went to.

I knew that wasn’t “the one” because no girl in her right mind would post her wedding dress online before the big day! πŸ˜‰

I’m totally jealous of all that good! It looks so good!

8. It all looks amazing. Geez, Lisa, enough already with the coats! πŸ˜‰ I kid. You live in a place where it’s cold so you need those things a lot! Why not look cute? Have fun at the state fair!

9. Nikki says:

So glad you ladies are having fun!

YES for amazing food (seriously, send me some of that banana dessert please), and fabulous times, and for maybe finding your wedding dress!!! Loved our phone conversation yesterday – hope we get to do that again at least once before you all leave.

Oh, and can I just comment on how chic you all look in those photos?! (Love that red dress on you!)

11. mandy says:

Someone send me the real “the one” dress picture please!

I love the picture at dusk with the Minneapolis skyline in the background. I am so glad that you are having so much fun. Enjoy the state fair! So much food on a stick!

12. rachieannie says:

enjoy mn! The state fair is so fun! The first college I went to is only a mile from there so I know the area well!

13. I loved reading your recap of the weekend thus far! I am having such a great time hosting you two. πŸ™‚ I don’t want you to leave!!

That dress I hilarious. What I really want to know is: which one of us pulled that one?? Seriously.

14. Shoshanah says:

I love Amber’s expression in the mirror in the background when you’re wearing The Dress!

15. I’m glad you’re having a good time. How exciting about the dress! Way to make an awesome trip even better. πŸ™‚

16. Stefanie says:

That looks like such a wonderful trip! I am sort of jealous. A little. πŸ™‚ Have fun and enjoy your time!

17. lisa says:

Seems you are having a great time. And maybe you will say YES to a dress too? Awesome!

18. Becks says:

I know you’re secretly dying to have the dress in the picture. Haha. That would be great if you found the wedding dress you wanted!

19. Jessica says:

I lived in Minneapolis for two years, I love it there. Did everything go okay with the border? Sorry to hear you were delayed, that sucks!

20. I have to visit BC now if MN’s air is really that much more humid than what you are used to. Southeastern US is called the Dirty South because the air is ridiculously humid. Sometimes it feels like I’m running through soup! MN is nothing compared to here, and I have no other frame of reference.

Glad you’re having such a fun trip!

I postponed reading these as I knew I’d be sad that i wasn’t there, but OMG your food looks amazing and I totally LOL’d to the one wedding dress πŸ™‚ You’re too adorable!

What a nice area to run!!

I think you chose the same dress that I had!!! I love it!! Kidding!! I could tell by the look on your face that you were trying to resist busting a gut!!

Those ice creams look to die for!!! Way to tease the rest of us!

23. Congrats on *maybe having found your dress!!!!
    That chocolate soft serve dessert looks fabulous! Looks like a fun trip.

24. […] introduced me to the amazing-ness of grilled veggies and I’ve been making them quite often since my Minneapolis […]

25. […] I’ve been lucky enough to take a few extra trips with the girls on top of these like my trip to Minneapolis to visit Lisa and my trips to Chicago and San Francisco for girls running weekends! I don’t actually have the […]