Meet Chloe

Remember how I’ve was having puppy fever? Well that “waiting” until after we’re married to get our boxer puppy didn’t work out too well… Meet Chloe! Our new, 9-week old, boxer puppy. We just picked her up last night!

IMG_0667.JPG

I would say this was kind of spur of the moment, but it’s not really, since we’ve been talking about getting a boxer puppy – and saving money for one – for almost two years now. When I found this pup on Kijiji the other day we couldn’t pass up going to see her. She came from a nice family farm outside of the city. Her litter was only the third litter the mom had had in over five years.

We just went to “look” the other night but of course we fell in love. Eric is especially smitten with her!

IMG_0639.JPG

Her cat brother is… well, he’s getting used to her 🙂 He’s been following her around and sniffing her every chance he gets! Towards the end of the night Webster was getting more outgoing and tried to whack Chloe a few times. I think he just wanted to play, though!

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG IMG_0649.JPG

Last night we took her to the park behind her house and played with her for a bit. She is so, so fun and is already learning to come to her name!

IMG_0655.JPG

We love her so much already 🙂

IMG_0665.JPG

More details next week on the first weekend with a newborn pup 🙂

1. CHERYL says:

I love her! Chloe is beautiful and I can’t wait to meet her! You may want her to grow up with a baby! lol River and Lena have been asking for a cousin 😉

2. Tara says:

Awwww!! The CUTE!! I die….

And I’m envious! We can’t get a dog just yet-we don’t spend enough time at home; but we do have two cats!

3. Rhona says:

Awww, so sweet. Trust me, I know how it feels to fall instantly in love with a dog. I’m so happy for you. They fill a place in your heart you had no idea was empty.

4. I knew when you said you were going to ‘just look’ that you were going to buy one! She is so darn adorable! I love that pic of her sleeping in Eric’s lap and of him calling her in the dog park. How fun and exciting. I hope Webster adjusts well!!

Hope her first night in her new home went well!!

She is so beautiful!!! I am so jealous. I keep going in and out of puppy fever. The only reason I go out is because I know its not smart to have a puppy in an apartment.

6. Total cutie! I’m definitely a dog person… just waiting until I have a little more time for one (aka sharing the duties with another person).

She is adorable and I love the name Chloe. Yay! Welcome to the world of dog owning! 🙂

8. AshleyD says:

Ahh! This is so exciting! She is adorable and I really hope she and Webster become fast friends!

9. lisa says:

It looks like your cat and dog will get along fine. If they are able to be nose to nose already, things should be okay between them

Omg adorable! Congrats! I want a dog so bad but I think it would be too much work with living alone and working full time.

11. she is SO CUTE. I am such a puppy/dog lover

12. Katy Widrick says:

CHLOE!!!

Enjoy every single moment that she can comfortably fit in your lap 🙂 We got each of my boxer mix rescues as puppies and I loved snuggling them and carrying them around. Now one of them is 75 pounds and the other is 85, so no more carrying…but they do still love to snuggle.

that last photo KILLED ME. I have a photo of Jack just like that on his first night home with me. Just totally adorable. Definitely take advantage of the puppy snuggles as much as you can while they last and have so much fun 🙂 Give that adorable dog a pat on the head or a kiss from me, either way!

14. Susan says:

Ahhhhh!!! You finally went for it!!! I am so happy for you guys. Well, me and Buddy are. Buddy is my dad’s family’s boxer and he is THE sweetest dog. Big and scary looking with the kindest heart. Although, he takes up 3/4 of the couch now 😉 Chloe is lucky to have such great puppy parents!

15. erin says:

ah we love the same names! chloe is one of my favorites!

hector’s breaking down, slowly!!!!!! he actually mentioned that he saw an Australian Shepard that was a service dog. and told me that it was pretty cute. So he’s breaking down. i told him 1.5 years. We’re waiting til it’s a better time for both of us!

She’s adorable! And of course I love her name 😀

17. Jess says:

So adorable. She and Webster will get along fine if they are already sitting that close to each other 🙂

Ahhh so sweet! And I love that Webster’s curious – normally it’s the other way around! They’ll totally be buds before you know it. Happy first weekend with your new addition!

19. A Super Girl says:

She is so precious!

20. So exciting!!! Get ready to become completely obsessed with her. 🙂

Lol, we got a female boxer pup last summer! She was super cute too! LOL, this dog has been the worse dog on the planet! Be prepared for her to chew everything!!

22. Lauren says:

Adorable! I’m personally a bully lover but boxer pups are so dang cute.

Over the past year and a half, I have said a gajillion times that there are so many things I would do differently if I could go back and raise a pup. The first, you’ve already tackled, which is getting a puppy during warmer months. So that’s a great start! (Potty training in the winter sucks.) If you want any more of my tips, let me know!! Haha.

23. paige says:

BEST. FAIL. EVER. 🙂

I bet you’re already wondering how you made it so long with out one!

24. Katrina says:

I AGREE WITH CHERYL!!! LOL
    What great coloring, she’s so cute! Congrats on your new baby guys 🙂

25. Meghan says:

AWWW! very cute puppy! Enjoy the sleepy snuggly puppy stage. I have a 5 month old and he’s totally wild! Love him to bits though and I’m sure Chloe will be a great addition to your family. The cats eventually get used to them too 🙂

OH MY GOSH!!! That is the cutest puppy! I’m glad the first meeting went well.

27. nikki says:

she is adorable! boxers are such great dogs – you’re going to love taking her for runs (one of my favorite perks of having a big dog)

can’t wait to hear more about this adventure~

28. Heather C says:

She is SO ADORABLE! Oh my gosh, that face! I can only imagine how entertaining the cat + puppy interactions are 😉

Adorable!! If I ever get a dog, this is one of the breeds that I would consider. Not ready for that commitment yet!

Chloe is the cutest! I am sure Webster will learn to tolerate her eventually!

30. She is adorable!!! I love puppies so much. Have fun. And definitely try to train her now as it will be easier to put in a little hard work now than a lot later. 🙂

31. sarahdotcom says:

Sooo freaking adorable! And I’m so jealous. Julia’s family has a boxer and it is the grandest pooch of all time. 🙂

32. lindsay says:

she’s adorable!

33. mandy says:

Congrats Amber, she is a beautiful dog. In my experience “going to look” always ends up with the pup coming home or lots of heartache. I’m looking forward to hearing how Chloe does this weekend!

34. Congrats! Chloe is SO adorable! <3 I love her markings. That little white stripe on her face is the cutest. And that she's brindled! Glad Webster is adjusting well!

35. She is so pretty!!! I have always liked brindles, their markings are so unique and pretty! My parents have had two fawns, still pretty, but they all look similar.
    Don’t get used to being able to hold her in your lap… it doesn’t last long! 🙂

36. So cuute! Aah, Chloe is adorable.

37. She is so cute! Congrats!

38. Jenn says:

so cute! We’re thinking of adopting a pup but with two cats we’re a little worried about the transition! Chloe is adorable!

39. Wendy says:

So darn cute!I squee’d a bit when I saw the first photo =) Happy first weekend with the new pup!

40. Page says:

Awe! Congratulations on your new family addition. Welcome to the puppy-obsessed club!

41. Love that cat/dog photos. I have a feeling (based on the body language in the pics) that Chloe is gonna get knocked the F out by Webster. 😉

42. Shoshanah says:

She’s so cute! Although I don’t really want a dog, I know the boy does, and boxers are one of his favorites, so I definitely could see this being us a few years from now. Congrats! And again, she is awfully adorable!

43. Lorinda says:

Such a cutie! Look at this beautiful big eyes. Congrats on becoming a puppy momma!

44. Carissa says:

I know I already gushed over Chloe on facebook but she is just darling! congrats on your new furry family member!

45. OMG – cutest puppy ever!!!!!!!!! I want one!!!!!

46. Oh she is just darling! I hope Webster establishes who is boss now while he is still relatively her size! :0)

47. Lacey says:

So Cute! The best puppy training advice I can give is to hang bells on your door; every time you take Chloe out to pee, ring the bells and then open the door…within a week our puppy had learned to ring the bells when he needed to go out…so helpful especially in the night, we had maybe one or two accidents in the house and that’s it….second best thing we did with our dog was to train him to go to the bathroom in only one section of the yard…took a bit of work but for a few weeks we went out with him every time he had to go and took him to his “spot” which we designated at the back end of the yard, as we walked back we would say “go to the back”; eventually we could stand at the door and say “go to the back” and he would go all on his own and now he just knows….saves you or guests stepping on a landmine

Have fun…puppies really are the best!

48. Ashley says:

SHE IS SO ADORABLE! #ALLCAPS

49. Sara says:

My sister-in-law and her hubby have a puppy named Chloe as well! 🙂 Too cute.

50. OMG! she is too cute! Congrats on Chloe! I can’t believe I’ve missed so much. the wedding totally took over my life. lol. hope you are well!

51. […] been nearly two weeks (on Thursday) since we brought little Chloe into our lives so I thought I’d give you a brief update on how we came to get a puppy (I know […]