Wedding Inspiration

Hi loves! Happy Friday! I am just checking in for a really quick post today. I know I haven’t updated much on the wedding lately (don’t worry, it’s still happening). We’re just kind of in that it’s-still-a-long-ways-away-so-there-isn’t-much-we-can-do stage. Ya know?

The save the dates are currently in progress and before crunchtime (aka February – July next year) hits I am just trying to gather some inspiration and get an overall vision/idea for the day. I never really had a “dream wedding” scenario in my head so the things I’m coming up with (yellow, sunflowers!) is surprising me; But I love how my vision is coming together so I’m going with it!

I’ve basically fallen in love with Pinterest for keeping all my inspiration in one place. I created a “Wedding Inspiration” board which is general and a “Wedding Bouquet Inspiration” board to try and figure out what kind of flowers I want and how I’d like them to look (click on the boards below to see everything!)

wedding inspiration board wedding bouquet inspiration board

A sneak peek of some things I love…

yellow dresses

sunflower-bouquet-ws-118-11

Check out my Pinterest boards to see more!

In other news, it’s a long weekend here and I am so ready for it. We have friends coming to visit from Vancouver and Edmonton so will have a houseful of people all weekend. Plans include: white water rafting (tomorrow, for the first time ever! Expect a blog post on it), having a wiener roast, running, going to the Farmers Market, making homemade pizza and enjoying the sunshine!

Happy Weekend friends! XO

***

Questions of the day: If you’re married/getting married how did you figure out your “vision” for the big day? Any other people obsessed with Pinterest? What are you doing this weekend?

1. abbi says:

I’m loving what you are loving! Of course, how could I not. The theme/colors that ran through my wedding were white, yellow and green. It was a lemon/lime kind of theme with daisies/sunflowers, etc. I fell in love with a cake that was decorated with lemons and limes and it snow-balled from there. I’m not the least bit girly-girl or ever thought anything about a wedding, but I got really into mine, even though it was super low-key and small. Have fun!!

2. I let Kelley take care of everything so that it actually got done right. But we got engaged in June and married november 14th, so it really doesn’t take that long to pull everything together. and this november, it will be 13 years.

3. {hit submit too early}
    Remember, that’s what counts. No need to go all bridezilla stressing about the details. The day will come and go, then you will be husband and wife and that’s all that’s really important.

• MissAmber says:

I totally agree, I’m more excited to be married than any of the actual ‘wedding’ stuff! 🙂 Eric is letting me take care of everything to I ask him for opinions and 9 times out of 10 it’s “whatever you want to do”. Ha!

4. sarahdotcom says:

I just went white water rafting in Whistler last weekend! So fun! You’ll have a blast 🙂

5. rachieannie says:

I’ve been loving your Wedding Inspiration boards! So so so cute!!

6. Aron says:

I know someone who did a wedding with all yellow flowers and the BM dresses were light gray (I have seen it a few other places) and LOVE the yellow/gray combo so just had to share 🙂 LOVE what you are coming up with!!

7. I never would have thought of sunflowers for the boquet. That is the best idea ever.
    I’ve pretty much already got my wedding planned out. I just need to find a man to put at the end of the aisle and we’re good to go.

My “vision” was to get married 🙂 I definitely wasn’t one of those girls who had her dream wedding all planned out as a child – I knew what I wanted for my flowers (lots of colour!), my dress (simple, with lace), and my invitations – other than that, what happened happened. I orginally wanted small and outside but ended up with huge and in a chapel but at the end of the day, everything was perfect and none of the teeny tiny details even mattered as long as I was married 🙂 I LOVE the sunflowers!!! I’m not on Pinterest but I’d love to see more pictures of your inspiration as your wedding gets closer 😀

I’m totally obsessed with pininterest but I tend to forget about it for a few days and then go crazy for a few days. It always welcomes me back. 🙂

Once Ben and I picked a fall date for the wedding, I knew I wanted the deep fall colors that are rich, but as far as my bridesmaids’ dresses went, we kind of found those by accident (a chocolate brown) so it kind of just fell together. (Very helpful, I’m sure – ha!)

I’m packing packing tonight and tomorrow so we can be all set to move Monday. (Cross your fingers for cool weather and getting keys early please!)

10. My favorite color is purple, so that was the basis for all the colors. I also love deep pinks, and little pops of yellow (we had sunflowers mixed into our centerpieces) as well. I also played up the Oregon aspect, so we had wood elements everywhere! That’s about as much as I got as far as design. The actual flowers and such were from my florist. Picking amazing vendors is KEY. My wedding would not have been the same if I had done it on my own!

11. Heather C says:

Ha, so funny that we both posted about this, but in totally different ways! 🙂

I think it’s the PERFECT place for creating a wedding vision! I can definitely see that working to your advantage. I follow “Style Me Pretty” – best wedding blog ever, in my opinion (not that I’m getting married any time soon, but it’s still fun to look through)! I would be pinning things from that every day.

I never really had a “vision” for our wedding. All I knew was that I wanted it to be simple without looking too low-budget! And that I wanted gerberas in my bouquet.

I wish I had known of Pinterest during my wedding planning days! It’s so inspirational! Now I’m using it for home decorating ideas.

Have fun rafting! It’s SO awesome! Which one are you doing?? I’ve been wanting to go again for a while! My long weekend consists of golfing and Kelowna, and probably more home reno’s.

13. Keri says:

Yayyy for wedding inspiration!!!! LOVE IT and I know…next July seems so far away!

14. Kyria says:

I like the yellow! I had a friend who used yellow and orange and it looked great! Especially for summer!

I like Pinterest so far but haven’t really gotten too into it yet…there’s just not enough time for all the different web things out there!

15. stephanie says:

Hi Amber
    I also surprised myself with my wedding colour choice and it happened because i love Daffodils, Tulips and Gerbera Daisys. My bridesmaids wore yellow and i loved it. Its an unusual colour but so cheerful and happy. Go for it!

My vision for my one day wedding (lol) is basically more color than theme. I am doing a yellow wedding and a lot of diy touches. I know I am going to be on a tight budget for our wedding, so I want to do as much myself as I can.

I told Matt he could ask anytime and that would give me 8 good months to plan everything. Not sure if that worked 😉

Have fun this weekend!

All I knew from my wedding is that I wanted it to be brown and green for the colours and then a pretty laid back wedding. Neither of us are fancy people, so we knew no black tie affair. Everything just kinda came together from there. I think the biggest thing is incorporating things into the wedding that are ‘you’. For example, we didn’t want a cake, so we had a popcorn buffet instead. Or we had elements from the periodic table as table numbers as a nod to Brian’s profession.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

18. nicole says:

i should make a pinterest page and we can play around together! SO fun! I will this weekend!

19. A cool centerpiece for your wedding would be bowls of lemons. 🙂 I saw that on a wedding blog ages ago. But I suppose lemons don’t grow in your area? My friend in AZ has a lemon tree and I thought if I ever get married around the time when they have their lemon crop, I would do that for centerpieces. 🙂

I have a fun but busy weekend ahead of me! HH tonight. Run tomorrow am. Drive to cabin tomorrow afternoon. Drive to ND Sunday morning for baptism/7th bday party. Drive back to Mpls Sunday night. Eeks, lots of drving! But lots of fun stuff! And I am looking forward to celebrating passing my CFA!

• Pinterest seems great for planning a wedding! I’ve yet to really get into it (kinda like google+) because I just feel overwhelmed already with everything I do and try to stay up to date on in social media and blogging. 🙂 The yellow seems really pretty though. I too feel like I don’t have a vision for my wedding (someday), but I want it to have a certain feeling. I want it to feel unique and beautiful and classy without going overboard or breaking the bank. Ha!

20. Sarah says:

That sunflower bouquet is so fun and sunshine-y looking! And this post makes you the second person to mention Pinterest to me – I heard about it for the first time a few days ago. I checked out the site, but I don’t really get it.

This weekend is full with cleaning, baking (hopefully!) seeing friends and writing (again, hopefully!). Oh, and I’d like to get a couple of really good workouts in there too. 😀

21. I love the cheery yellow! So pretty!

My weekend will be spent finalizing everything for the first day of school, which is Monday. Eek!

22. I think I’m one of the only girls I know that hasn’t really put that much thought in her wedding, lol, so I’m of no help at all.
    My friend’s coming from out of town this weekend so it’ll be great hanging out! Enjoy yours as well!

23. Shoshanah says:

This is why I need to join pininterest because I’m all over the place and don’t have a vision. But I don’t want to get stuck in pininterest and waste all my time there, which I’m sure I will. So far now I’m not a member, but let’s see how long I hold out on that!

24. Wendy says:

Love the fact that you’re using the colour yellow, it seems that yellow/grey combinations are popping up all over and it’s great! We came to our colours because of culture (I’m chinese, he’s polish/canadian), so we’ve got a red, silver and dark grey in our mix. Let me tell you, it’s not easy trying to figure out how to blend and balance two very distinct cultures, everything from ceremony to food!

Oh, and I love pinterest. So much inspiration everywhere… it’s addicting!

All those pictures are so beautiful- yellow is going to be an amazing color 🙂 I JUST learned about pinterest the other day and I think I’m going to resist it for awhile because I just already have SO many distractions on the computer haha. As for my vision- it was basically just as much pink as possible, which I think worked out well. I also tried to bring in the ocean theme a bit at times but that came a bit later with things like programs etc.

26. Katrina says:

Love your look!! Yellow is so cheery and has a light flowy feel.
    We knew our look would be chocolate brown, green apple green and whites….orchids lilies. But alas the wedding was becoming not about us and everyone (parents on both sides) were making it about them so we eloped an had about 20 people and still had our lilies and orchids and chocolate brown!! 🙂 weddinh pulled together in one day on van island! Best day 🙂

27. My soon-to-be sister-in-law has a Pinterest for her wedding stuff as well. Check her out: http://pinterest.com/abowers417/ She’s going for a romantic-vintage-garden feel and has some really gorgeous ideas. Hope it helps – or at least is fun to peruse! 🙂

I don’t have a vision – but I looove the yellow!

29. I don’t really understand pinterest … I have no idea how to use it!

I wanted a clean, fresh look to the wedding, so I chose white flowers with lots of greenery (ie. ivy), and then had bamboo on the head table, and round short glass vases filled with river rocks, water and a white votive candle. It was simple and really pretty.

30. lindsay says:

yesssssss. another pinterest friend/addict!!! i love the sunflowers 🙂

31. I pretty much knew i wanted something that i could look back on in 50 years and think it still looked good so i went for a lot of neutral colors tried to keep it more classic than trendy. i read a lot of wedding blogs which helped me find which colors i really wanted – i ended up with blush pinks, ivory, white flowers and my bridesmaid dresses were charcoal grey. Just go with what YOU like – don’t overthink it.

32. mandy says:

I love the yellow and the sunflowers! Such a happy and fun color. I don’t know how I would ever pick if I were to ever get hitched. So many options and choices!

33. Emily Jane says:

LOVE the yellow dresses photo! Your wedding is going to be so beautiful!