Ottawa Day 3

My final day of playing “tourist” in Ottawa is over! Tomorrow is work-mode and then tomorrow night I fly back across the country. Anais took me for yet ANOTHER delicious brunch this morning.

IMG_0702.JPG IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG

It was french toast stuffed with cheese (can’t remember the kind) and fruit. SO SO good! Then we went to the Ottawa Farmers Market to wander around for a bit. I was very excited about this outing because I am obsessed with Farmers Markets!

IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

It was way bigger than the Kamloops’ Farmers Market. And the best part? They had a little petting zoo!!!!

IMG_0714.JPG

Anyone else thinks this looks like a giraffe? We TOTALLY did…. (it’s a llama)

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

SO FUN!

Then it was time for Anais to drop me off at my hotel and say goodbye. I was so sad to say bye! I love blog friends so much because I have so much in common with them. It was so fun to spend an entire weekend with someone who I could talk food, running, politics, lululemon, yoga, more food and more running with. I already miss her!

After she dropped me off my coworker and I had a meeting with a fellow consultant on our project. Rather than do a stuffy “meeting” she toured us around some more while we talked business and other things. She drove us up the Gatineau Parkway to the lookout point. It was gorgeous!

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

We also visited the “country retreat” of one of Canada’s Prime Ministers – William Lyon Mackenzie King. Apparently he built himself this little retreat in the woods. It was all very European and 16th century to me (even though he was PM in the 1930’s).

He built this little arch in the middle of the woods – RANDOM!

IMG_0732.JPG

Tomorrow I am in a workshop ALL day and then catching the evening flight back to Kamloops. I had SUCH a fun little getaway and I’m so glad I added some extra time onto my trip so I could actually see Ottawa! I probably won’t blog again until Tuesday evening or Wednesday so see you then!

Have you ever met a blog friend? I have met….about 12 different bloggers! One was at a big blogger dinner. Every single blog friend I’ve met in person has been like an old friend to me and I’ve LOVED hanging out with them. I just wish they all lived closer!

1. Anais says:

I’m so glad you got to go to Gatineau park!! Told you we had trails close by 😉 I also cAnt believe you ve met so many bloggers!

Know that you always have a place to stay in Ottawa 🙂 and I hope I’ll see you on the west side soon!!

Ps: it’s mascarpone;)

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend in Ottawa! I have met about five bloggers (including yourself!) who have turned into great friends. It’s amazing what can come from blogging!

I’ve never met another blogger. I feel like I would like the experience though because, like you said, we all have so much in common. I’m probably going to try to meet up with more bloggers once I’m graduated and moving to a new city where I won’t know anyone.

4. paige says:

OMG, that arch…I bet his dead mother told him to build it during a seance! That guy was both amazing (“A true man does not only stand up for himself, he stands up for those that do not have the ability to”) and COMPLETELY nuts.

Looks like it was tons of fun…I went to Ottawa years ago with my mom and got to go all through Parliament Hill. I watched the ‘Question Period’ from a balcony…this was before it got all screamy and ranty though….so super boring 😛

5. I love that the farmers market had a petting zoo. Thats so much fun!

Obviously you know I’ve met blog friends. 🙂
    Its always so much fun, I totally agree with you. Its always like we’ve known each other forever, and theres never a shortage of things to talk about.

6. I’ve met about nine bloggies and I’ve gotten along with every one of them!!!!!

You’re so right – it’s so easy to get along with people you have so much in common with! 🙂

7. What a wonderful trip you had!!!!
    Llamas are so adorable – I seriously want one as a pet 🙂

I met blog friends when I went to San Fransisco in November for the Foodbuzz Festival. It was so cool to meet other food bloggers.

8. H-woman says:

Can I just say that I can’t believe you were stranded in the Calgary airport for hours and didn’t call me!!

=P

Ottawa looks like fun!

9. Sarah says:

MacKenzie King Estate is where I’m having my wedding photos done!

Hope you return sooner than later. 🙂

Okay french toast stuffed with anything = heaven. Yes, meeting blog friends is so much fun! Glad you had such a good trip – hope the business end goes well and have a safe flight home!

11. Looks like an amazing trip! Anais was a fabulous host. I have big shoes to fill when you come visit me!! Time for me to start researching cool brunch places. 😉

I had my first blogger meeting last summer when i met up with Kyla and her husband for coffee! Since then I’ve met many other bloggers! And every meet up has been fantastic! I love how everyone really is like they come across in their blog!!

Good luck today – you’ll do great. Long day ahead of you, though!! Hope you have better luck w/ your flights on the way home!!

12. erin says:

hmmm– i wish i’ve met some bloggers. But it’s almost hard cuz i’m not a regular blogger as I used to be. and i don’t seem to connect like some others. and the bloggers that i do adore tend to live HOURS away from me! =)

13. Ris says:

Brunch is pretty much my most favorite meal ever and you are making me drool over here!

14. Jen says:

Your weekend getaway looked like so much fun! Good for you taking time out for yourself to run, do Yoga, meet a new friend and explore a new place!

Nothing personal… but I’m still a little sketched out about meeting people I’ve “met” through blogging. It’s that whole “online anonymity” thing; I’m still skeptical. Hopefully someday soon I’ll find something comfortable enough for me to meet some bloggers.

Can’t wait to meet you this summer 🙂 Looking forward to it for sure. I’ve met tons of bloggers and every single time I’m thrilled I did and can’t wait to meet another! Sounds like your trip has been nothing but lovely so far ; travel safely!

16. In my early days of blogging, I blogged on Xanga and belonged to my school’s “blogging circle”. I met one of my friends on Xanga at a school show which was kind of fun but odd…and another friend’s girlfriend was in a few of my classes. So that was odd. Other than that though, I’ve never met any of my current blog friends.

Wow, that’s pretty cool that you could talk business while still seeing more of the city!! I really need to get a new job… haha
    🙂
    Hope you have a good flight back!

18. Carissa says:

glad you’ve had such a good time! and I love that arch in the woods– so random but so cool!

I’ve met a few bloggers in real life. all at meetups hosted by the fabulous Dionne! it’s so nice to meet people in person and to talk to them face-to-face. it makes reading their blog that much more special, I think.

19. I love that you were able to mix business with pleasure. I don’t go on many business trips but when I do it’s usually in and out. Although I have started making an effort to take at least a short walk around the city I’m in. It really sucks when you only ever see the airport and the inside of a conference centre.

20. mandy says:

Your trip sounds like you had a fabulous time. So much good food! I’m glad that you were able to do lots of touring around and blog friend visiting. Its important to take time to do that, even if you are on a work trip.

I’ve only met one blogger and I was so nervous that our dinner would be filled with awkward silences and we wouldn’t have anything to talk about but it was actually so great! And I just want to meet more and more bloggers. 🙂

i have 3 sisters from other misters in california that i met on the blog & i’m sure id be lost with out them! 🙂