Reno Update

Hi there. This is me reporting to you from painting hell.

How Dexter-ish of us.

IMG_0483.JPG

In all seriousness, things aren’t going THAT bad. But it is a lot, a lot of work. We have spent 11 hours at the house over the last two days prepping for painting and painting and we almost have the top floor done. We just need to do the trim on this stairwell (it wasn’t painted yet when I took this picture) and paint the horrid green bathroom and top floor = done!

The colour we picked for our master bedroom ended up being a lot more teal-green than turquoise, but I really love it! Especially with the grey we picked.

IMG_0478.JPG

And the spare room (aka my office/blogging room) is yellow! It’s quite bright (but not too bright, IMO) and makes me super happy.

The wall you can’t see in this photo is a beige colour to balance out all the yellow.

IMG_0479.JPG

We are really hoping to finish off the top floor of the house today so we can move onto the main floor (aka, the horrid orange living room) by the weekend.

In other news, I’m eating poached eggs for breakfast this morning. I love me some runny poached eggs!

IMG_0484.JPG

And I’m very, very tired. Basically I go to work all day and then go to the house and we paint until 10:30 or 11 at night and then I collapse into bed to repeat the cycle all over again.

I don’t have time to run in the evenings because we’re doing house stuff and I’m too exhausted to run in the mornings. So I’m going to attempt a lunchtime run today from work. We don’t have showers at our office so it shall be interesting 😉

How are you? Do you like your eggs runny or not?

It’s looking fantastic so far! I love the colour in your room. Can’t wait to see how the rest turns out 🙂

2. Lauren says:

Looks great so far! It’s gonna feel so nice when you’re done. Runny eggs are my favorite – I always get so disappointed when I break the yolk while cooking.

I like the colour in your room, and I LOVE the yellow! Yellow always makes me happy. I keep telling Nathan we have to buy a yellow house so I’ll always be cheerful 😀 I can’t eat eggs … I think they’re disgusting. Unless they’re in cake …

4. erin says:

whooooo hooo – the joys of homeownership. you’ll love it once you start getting settled in!

5. Amber says:

It is looking awesome!!!!!! Painting IS hard work. When one of my best friends bought her townhouse we all came over and had a big “painting party”. Another friend hired painters to do hers. I have never had a place that I was able to paint, but when I do I am really not looking forward to it!
    I cannot wait to see the finished product, it’s going to look awesome! And that blogging room/Office?! JEALOUS! 🙂

6. Vanessa says:

Looks like everything is coming along really well! I’m loving the colours you chose. 🙂

Runny eggs freak me out, yo.

7. Runny eggs all the way! 🙂

8. I like how you’re balancing out the bold colored walls with neutral tones – definitely a great way to get some pop in the room without it being too in-your-face!

Runny eggs are gross…but I didn’t always think that! I used to love love love “dippy eggs” with toast or with pancakes/syrup. But for some reason, they started randomly grossing me out whenever I ate them. So no more dippy eggs for me (I do miss the taste though.)

I am exhausted from my first ever strata AGM, but was glad I got to see who some of my neighbours are! Those meetings are a treat, lol.

And I love my eggs semi-runny: not too hard but not too snotty, lol!

10. Looking good so far. I like the teal.

Okay first off let me just say how much I love that you called yourself Dexter-ish. Ha!

I’m sure you’re wiped but holy cow you two are moving through painting like it’s no one’s business! You almost got a whole floor painted in two days and that’s while working/going to school as well. You two are rockstars!

Thanks for posting these pictures – LOVE that yellow!

12. I love the yellow room! I want to paint my room mustard yellow 🙂

13. steph anne says:

Haha, I love the reference you made to Dexter! The color looks awesome, can’t wait to see what it looks like completed!

14. Ashley says:

This hard work will so be worth it when you guys are all moved in!

15. Ooh, the colors look fun! I imagine you’re exhausted!! Even though you’re not able to run, I’m sure you are both getting a semi decent workout painting and just climbing up and down ladders and such. Hope your lunch run goes well! I know that just washing my face, wiping down my arms and applying new deodorant helps a ton! Plus, that post run glow makes you happy you just went out and DID IT!

16. Hannah says:

I really like that green! When in a pinch I’ve found that Ponds face wipes work wonders on a sweaty bod post workout.

I love, Love, LOVE eggs…as long as I don’t actually think about what they really are {ew}. I usually scramble mine up, but on occasion I do love a runny yolk to dip my toast into. Yummers.

17. Painting sucks. It always starts out ok, then you start to wonder why you thought it was a good idea at all. I avoid painting at all costs. You can tell to look at my horrifying walls.

Runny eggs – I love runny eggs.

I love, love, love the color in your master bedroom! It’s my favorite shade! 🙂 I wish I lived closer because I would be there IN A HEARTBEAT to help you paint.

I cannot eat runny eggs. They’re just yucky to me. The yolk must be hard or else I won’t eat it, heh!

19. sarahdotcom says:

Okay, I know this post is about the reno, but I have to comment on the meal first. Poached eggs are my favourite food in the history of food.
    And done.
    Your place is coming along nicely! I love the grey with the teal-green 🙂

Lol I love the Dexter picture. People should be really nice to you this week 🙂

I should tell Eric about the plan of him and your Eric fixing the house while we drink wine (I eliminated yoga now and it’s just drink wine- I decided we’d probably get yelled at in yoga for talking or laughing).

Good luck with the lunch time run!

21. Bec says:

Love the master bedroom colours! They look great 🙂 I am a running egg girl for sure, hard yolks are gross!

Love the colors that you chose! Looks great in the master bedroom especially with the grey 🙂 So super awesome. You guys are troopers! Painting and prepping is actually a lot of hardwork so totally ok that you’re not running as much the last few days.

I’m not a huge runny egg fan, I prefer mine scrambled with cheese, you know, the super unhealthy kind 🙂

23. love the bedroom colors! i love runny eggs and dipping buttery texas toast in them!

24. Yum – those poached eggs look awesome. I have never made poached eggs, but I shoudl give it a whirl. I am usually a scrambled eggs + salsa person, but I don’t like my eggs w/ a milk replacement so now I have been having them over easy with some gf toast. Yummy. I love runny eggs as long as I have toast to soak up the yolk with!

I remember those long, exhausting days from when I bought my condo… It’s just tiring, but it will be so worth it to get as much of the painting done now as you can! YOu will be thankful when you move in and have much of the house painted! Looks great so far!

It will all be over soon enough. How exciting being able to paint YOUR own walls. So jelly.

26. shoshanah says:

I do like me eggs a little runny, especially if I have bread or something to sop all the liquid up. But every once in a while it grosses me out and I prefer them cooked all the way

27. Jessica says:

I LOVE poached eggs and the color of your master bedroom! Great color.

28. I love the colours, and I think runny eggs are best 🙂

29. Mom says:

I really like the yellow room. It is a happy looking room and will be great color to have for an office. Everything is looking good hon, I want to see the final pictures.

Runny eggs for sure!

31. Stefanie says:

Runny eggs all the way! There is nothing like soaking up the runny yolk with a freshly toasted piece of bread.

Love the paint colors! Painting is sooo hard. I did one room and it got old fast, I can only imagine painting an entire house!

33. Kristen says:

Hope you get through that painting fast!

I like my eggs runny- poached I like them soft, fried I like them over easy 🙂

34. mandy says:

Yellow is such a great color. I have yet to master conquer the poached egg thing. I prefer mine “dippy,” as we call it here around Pittsburgh.

35. […] start until 10:00 AM, which was SO NICE since I’ve been up late the last several nights painting (we are over half done by the […]

36. […] Painted our entire townhouse! […]