ABC’s of Me II

I <3 my blog friends so much. Last night I came home to a Paris Postcard from Lisa and Apple Butter from Mandy!  It was the best mail day EVER and completely brightened up my Monday!

Anyways, I was at the yoga studio until late last night so I’m going with a meme for today’s post. This one was kind of fun to do! Also, apparently another version of this meme went around in December 2008 – ABC’s of Me Version I. This was before ANYBODY read my blog. Ha!

***

Age: 22

Bed size: Full πŸ™ I am 95% positive we are getting a KING once we move into our new place, though. We were originally going to get a new queen frame + mattress but when we went bed shopping on Sunday we figured out we could get a King mattress + box frame for about the same price – and really, who needs a frame anyways? Not us! So I’m pretty sure we will take the plunge and get a King. I’m SO EXCITED!

Chore you dislike: Vacuuming. Probably because my mom used to make me do it over and over again when I was little until I did it properly. I have always detested vacuuming!

Dogs: Not yet! But we’re getting one soon. Probably this summer!

Essential start to your day: FOOD! Usually oatmeal πŸ™‚

Favorite color: Red and Green (but not together, too Christmasy) and turquoise!

Gold or silver: White gold. Definitely!

Height: Somewhere between 5″4 and 5″5 πŸ™‚

Instruments you play(ed): None. I do not have a musical bone in my body. All the piano lessons in the world couldn’t save me when I was younger.

Job title: Account Manager in Marketing and Communications + Freelance Writer

Kids: Nope! Not for at least 7-10 more years πŸ™‚

Live: Kamloops, British Columbia, CANADA. I love where I live!

MomÒ€ℒs name: It’s actually Fleur but she goes by Lynn!

Nicknames: Ambie, Ambular, Poopy <– the last one is Eric’s nickname for me and I kind of love it. Hehe

Overnight hospital stays: I had pneumonia when I was little. I think that’s it.

Pet peeve: Slow/bad drivers. I get serious road rage!

Quote from a movie: “And where are they? Shopping together.” You’re my best friend if you name this movie – it’s one of my favourites ever!

Righty or Lefty: Righty

Siblings: A “little” brother – Logan!

Time you wake up: If I am running or going to morning yoga then 5:15. Other days between 5:45 and 6:30 and on the weekends usually between 6 – 8 depending on what’s going on.

Underwear: Like what brand? Most of mine is from La Senza!

Vegetables you donÒ€ℒt like: I actually like most vegetables, though I’m not a huge fan of cabbage.

What makes you run late: Being online. I am always on time if I don’t turn my computer on in the morning. If I do then I get sucked into blogging, Twitter and Facebook!

X-Rays youÒ€ℒve had: Both feet, my right foot twice, my shin and my teeth.

Yummy food you make: I’m still pretty proud of the delicious risotto I made a couple of weeks ago!

Zoo animal favorite: I love the sea-animals. Dolphins and orca’s are my favourite!

***

So who knows what movie my quote is from? And what size of bed do you have? Should we bite the bullet and get the KING?

Have you done this survey on your blog? If so, leave a link in the comments and we can all find more fun blogs to read πŸ™‚

I need to get to the survey! πŸ™‚ Love learning about you!

Haha I love this. We are the exact same height and I also have NO musical bones in my body. Definitely DEFINITELY get a King bed… I love ours. It does spoil you a bit though as far as all future beds go.

I’ve been seeing this around so I will definitely do it this week!

3. I have a “little” brother, too. πŸ˜‰ And he used to actually be that way until he shot up a foot in highschool… geez!

4. AlisonM says:

Hey Amber — I found you through Jess at Almost Over Now, and perfect timing too. Now I know all this stuff about you! Like man, you get up at 5.15 to do yoga.. ! I love the little move you did with Gold or Silver too. Very canny of you πŸ˜‰

And I say go for the king! Nothing beats a good bed!

5. I have not done this, but i will probably do it soon!

I have a queen bed, which I love. I can see why you would want a king, though! I say go for it. You can always buy a frame down the road!

i just did this on my last update (yesterday). fun!

7. erin says:

uh… i guess me and my husband just really don’t understand the appeal of a KING sized bed. Really we don’t! when we stay at hotels, king sized beds make us go – hi honey! how are you doing over there?! we upgraded a little over a year ago from a double to a queen, and that’s DRASTIC! half the time i don’t even realize he’s in bed with me!

• MissAmber says:

Ugh – our full drives me crazy. It doesn’t help that it’s up against the wall so half the time I wake up in the middle of the night and Eric is in the middle and I’m squished against the wall! We are both spread-out-have-our-own-space type of sleepers!

8. Emily Jane says:

We had a full bed before we moved into our place too and we thought hey, we are moving into a HOUSE, there’ll actually be room for a big bed now – so we got a Queen – and couldn’t get the boxspring frame up the stairs!! There go my hopes of a King one day, lol…

Get the king. Do it. You won’t regret it. Just know that once you’re used to it, all the other beds you sleep in (at hotels, etc) will seem tiny.

10. Jenny says:

The husband and I spend a lot of time talking about how great it would be to have a King sized bed (we have a Queen). I don’t think one would ever fit in our house, but if it fits into your room go for it!

11. Sarah says:

I totally did this.

We bought a king sized bed when we moved into our new house and we have never regretted it! It is honestly the best thing if you have room for one.

Did you like the apple butter? In my hometown, they make it right there from apples from the orchids. If you really liked it, I can buy you some when I go home…it’s apparently really tasty! πŸ™‚

Fun! I need to do this…
    I would definitely get the King. I don’t know about you, but I need to be able to spread out. College life in a smaller-than-normal twin bed is not fun. I have a queen at home

14. Marie says:

YES get the King bed! We have a queen and it’s just not big enough. I LOVE that your mom’s name is Fleur! So interesting. I’m going to do this now πŸ™‚

15. Jen says:

Ooo… I’m getting so many good ideas for blog posts today! I love it! I’ll link back to this post when I get around to doing this on my blog. πŸ™‚

Definitely get a king! I wish we had when we bought our house; we settled for a queen and a bedroom that would only fit a queen.

16. mania says:

Love this ;I had no idea your were 22 ! I will do one soon, If you go by king you will love it and there is no way back ; haha then you want the king bed all the time. funny there are beds bigger than king though πŸ™‚ we went to Niagara falls once and the bed in our room was 2 times bigger than king and 6 of us just did lay there on it ( to show how many fit there) and still there were plenty of room :)))) ooh and is it from pretty woman ! I think so πŸ™‚ I saw it long time ago πŸ™‚

So cute!
    Currently I have a queen bed which I love; when I stay with Knight he has a king which is fabulous. We are actually ditching his bedframe and just going with matterss + box spring and then making our own headboard out of artwork and etc. Much more fun and opens up the room, especially if you have a smaller one!

I have no idea what that quote is from… that’s bad, right?

lol – I think I did this once on Facebook, when Notes were all the rage! I may have to redo it blog style πŸ™‚

19. I love having a king bed. BF and I both toss and turn a lot so it’s nice to not be punching each other all night πŸ™‚

20. michele the great says:

you totally played the violin for awhile, back in the day!! also, I still don’t understand why Eric calls you Poopy!! maybe i dont want to know…

21. Heather C says:

Im usually the pro with movie quotes, and that has me stumped! Uh oh…

These are fun! We have a queen and I think it’s definitely big enough, but to each their own πŸ™‚

22. Ooh, I Love kings. They always feel like such a treat. We have a Queen. A full would be tight. I like being able to cuddle but sometimes I’d love to have a King when I want to spread out or if one of us is sick.

23. phampants says:

Make sure you haggle for a better price on beds. The markups are ridiculous!

Also, my least favorite chore is cleaning the bathroom.

24. Amber says:

Is the movie you quoted Pretty Woman? Love that movie πŸ™‚

A King bed would be luxuriously awesome! I’m jealous! I also cannot wait for you guys to get a dog– I hope you rescue!

25. This is a fun meme. I had to read the comments because I totally wanted to know where the quote came from! LOL. Although I’ve only seen pretty woman like once or twice, so I have no idea if they’re right.

26. Sunny says:

Hey I just did the survey too, it’s hard to find interesting quiz thingies that aren’t “how sexy are you, how good are you in bed, how many kids are you going to have” kind of crap.

Here is where you can find my survey πŸ™‚

I have a full and I couldn’t imagine sticking another person on there. It would be a tight fit! (Of course, my dog is 10 pounds and still manages to make it seem like I have no room to sleep. Silly dog.) GO FOR THE KING!! You won’t regret it!

28. Jessica says:

Aww what great bloggy gifts! How far are you from Vancouver? I only ask because I might be going there on vacation this summer!!

29. Is a full the same as a queen?

We have a queen, and we like it. I don’t think we’d ever get a kind, although it is nice to spread out a lot when in a hotel king bed πŸ™‚

30. Lindsay says:

Yes definitely get a king! I love wallering around in it all by myself sometimes. I’m lazy though.

The Internet – makes things more efficient yet also makes us all late πŸ™‚

31. Mom says:

I’m not too happy about the blame mom comment. How come the mothers are all to blame? I hate vaccuming too, that’s why I made you do it. πŸ™‚ When you have kids you’ll do the same thing.

Michelle was correct, do you remember when you wanted to be a violin player? I still have that violin packed away somewhere.

Love You.

32. Katrina says:

Get the king bed!!! Who cares if you dont have floor space, at least you’ll have a large cloud to sleep on!! LoL we need a king even when we go on vacation and its not because of Taylor. Oh and is that a finger scoop in the apple butter jar?? LoL

33. E.P. says:

What a fun meme! I really like it! And we have a queen-sized bed… but we are seriously considering getting a king once we get a home of our own. I think it would be totally worth it for y’all, too!

34. Hadar says:

Get the King!!! I love white-gold too. I did the survey, check out my blog!