Pita Pizzas

One of my favourite super quick meals to make are Pita Pizzas. And they’re pretty healthy!

When you live with a boy that has a huge appetite you have to make a lot of everything. Enter, Pita Pizzas!

All you need is some pita shells, pizza sauce and whatever toppings your little heart desires. When I ate meat I would make these with pepperoni or ham all the time.

Last night I made three different kinds:

three pizzas.jpg

“Pepperoni” and Mushroom (actually zucchini and mushroom BUT zucchini has a very meat-like texture to me so this tastes kind of like pepperoni and mushroom – to me anyways)

zucchini.jpg

Four Cheese (marble, feta and parmesan)

cheese.jpg

Bruschetta Pizza

bruschetta.jpg

It literally took me 15 minutes to make these three little pizzas, another 20 minutes in the oven and they were done. Hello dinner after a busy day!

oven.jpg

I ate a piece of each pizza with some spinach + catalina dressing (my favourite lately!) I can’t recommend these enough for a quick, easy and healthy dinner!

full plate.jpg

Have you ever made pita pizzas (or something similar)? What’s your favourite quick, easy and healthy dinner?

1. Lynn says:

For a quick meal, I make something very similar by using english muffins or tortillas. They’re great! 🙂

2. Katrina says:

We lovvvvvvvve making pita pizzas!!!!!! So yummy! Spinach and lots of veggies ….delicious! I’m going grocery shopping today so I will grab the stuff for supper tonight 🙂
    One of our fav suppers is cajun chicken salad….but with lots of veggies, black beans, corn and spinach yum.

Yum, I’ve never made pita pizza but obviously I’m a big pizza person in general- pizza with lots of veggies 🙂 My pizza always has to have zucchini, mushrooms and black beans! For quick dinners I’ll do veggies with pasta, sweet potato with black beans, anything you can kind of just throw together. Or if I’m really lazy and didn’t have it for breakfast: oatmeal haha

4. I went through an obsession with pita pizzas earlier this year! They’re so simple and delish!

I think I had a combo of spinach and mushroom for every other meal. Turns out you can burn out on pizza pizzas… beware! lol

5. We used to eat a lot of English muffin pizzas, usually with just tomato paste and mozzerella. My mom wasn’t a very creative cook! Once I added basil when I was helping her in the kitchen and she was floored!

6. I don’t think I have ever made a pizza! I never really liked it, it always made my stomach hurt. Now looking back, maybe that was because of my gluten intolerance? I would like to try making my own w/ a GF crust, though. I bought a mix but haven’t tried to make it yet… The direction say to mix it until it’s of a cake mix batter consistency, spread on a sheet, and then bake… I find it odd that pizza crust will have a cake like consistency??? And the pizza pan I have is a vented one… so yah, that’s going to be a problem… I am kind of befuddled by this mix.

7. erin says:

hmmmmmmmmmmm……I’d say my go to is really like scrambled eggs. i love breakfast for dinner. unfortunately, he’s not big on that. so i love the nights he’s not home for dinner.

8. J says:

Yum Yum! Those look so good! Usually for a quick dinner, I will do grilled cheese with Tomato soap.

9. I usually just make pizza on Boboli crust. Not sure if you have that in Canada, but it’s really good! I should try pita bread, sounds like it would be less carb-y too, which is always better for diabetes.

10. Emjaye says:

I love pita pizzas! It would be great to live with a bottomless pit to eat them with me, though, because if I get the ingredients to make them I pretty much have to eat them for a week straight or the pitas start to mold, so I don’t have it too often.

11. Lauren says:

My quick go-to meal is quinoa + chickpeas + random other veggies. It’s so quick to throw together and delicious.

12. Allison says:

Those look soooo good!!!!

They look super yummy! And are making me hungry…maybe I should eat my breakfast, haha!

For a quick and easy meal I would have to say a stir fry. You could pre chop the veggies or buy already chopped up ones and then just toss them in some sauce with some rice and you are done. That or scrambled eggs….super easy and fast!

14. mania says:

wow they look yummy, my quick favorite meal is spaghetti with hashed meat and tomato sauce ( sometime add vegetables if I have fresh ones)

15. AshleyD says:

These look so good! I’m definitely going to have to try them soon!

We make those all the time 🙂 The squeeze bottles of pizza sauce totally revolutionalized our lives …

17. Jen says:

I make these all the time! Esp. when I was losing weight…it was a great subsitute for the real thing! I still make them from time to time, sometimes with flat out wraps, and they’re just as good !

18. Meghan says:

Yummm, the Bruschetta one looks so good! It’s not even 9am and I MUST have some asap.

19. C says:

*and they’re pretty healthy.

20. I love pita pizzas. I make them (and tortilla pizzas) all the time. Theyre just so easy and delicious.

21. Looks good! I think I have some pitas lurking in my freezer…

22. Sara says:

Those look so yummy and perfect for a quick, healthy, and comfort food meal. Good job!

23. Sarah says:

I love Pitta pizzas – so convienient. If I can’t get hold of pitta bread, I’ll just use ordinary sliced bread (especially wholemeal for a really healthy meal) and use whatever toppings I’m feeling. Sometimes … well, uh, actually MOST times 😉 I just zing it in the microwave until the cheese is melted. Only problem with that is that the bread doesn’t go crusty, so you have to eat it with a knife and fork. Another alternative is to do it in the frying pan…
    But here’s my question: if you use sliced bread – which isn’t round, obviously – and you use all the pizza toppings is it still a pizza? Or is it just a fancy open sandwich? Hmmm

24. steph anne says:

That looks delicious! My husband and I always make tortilla pizzas if we’re craving for pizza and not in the mood to go out and spend more money. We even use spaghetti sauce instead of pizza sauce.

25. Carissa says:

looks yummy! especially that bruschetta one! definitely going to have to try this.

26. aron says:

i make pita pizzas too!!! yummm

those pizzas look delish! 🙂 my bf has a hardy appetite too! 🙂

28. Emily Jane says:

Those look lovely!! I have to try that. I remember making French bread pizzas when I was little just by cutting a piece off a big French baguette and chopping it in half lengthways, adding tomato paste, ham, pineapple and cheese, and sticking in the oven until it was crispy. Now I’m getting all nostalgic!

29. Sam says:

They look so delicious! Especially the zucchini one!

30. Vanessa says:

Pita pizzas are my favourite quick dinner ever! So easy.

31. Amanda says:

Yum! Pita pizzas sound good.

If you ever need a mini version (for a snack maybe?) the same concept works with whole-wheat English muffins. They make cute little baby pizzas.

Amanda

32. Mmm, I love pita pizzas and yours look especially delicious! I keep pitas in the freezer just for this meal!

33. Jessica says:

I have to say, this is a great idea! I need to make one of these, especially after my recent pizza dough fail. LOVE IT!

34. lindsay says:

yes!!! i make them often. so easy and quick.

Yum. Looks delicious! I’ll have to try these. I’d have to say taco soup is probably my favorite fast meal. It’s pretty delicious (and you could probably make it using the meat substitute you buy!)

36. Kathleen says:

I used to make these all the time! Pitas go bad pretty quickly so that’s a great idea to make several at once.

37. Pita pizzas are a favourite dinner in my house 🙂