Portland Marathon Roadtrip: Snoqualmie + Marathon Expo

Hi from Portland!

We have just gotten back to the hotel after eating a huge and delicious pasta dinner with Sassy and her manfriend!

But let’s backtrack to this morning.

Lisa and I were up and at em’ pretty early as we had a detour on the way to Portland. Snoqualmie Falls!

This added about an hour onto our trip from Seattle to Portland but was SO WORTH IT!

DSC_0178.JPG

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0190.JPG DSC_0194.JPG

After a quick photo session we got on the I-5 and were Portland-bound.

We did make one more quick stop, though:

DSC_0201.JPG

You guys win. Target ROCKS. Walmart SUCKS. I got a pair of champion shorts, a champion running top and a nice champion rain jacket there and was definitely impressed by the store!

OK, we eventually DID make it to Portland and headed to the Expo!

DSC_0202.JPG

It was fun and got me even more excited for the marathon! There were some cute tech tees too. This is a message out to anyone else who may be running the Portland Marathon tomorrow:

DSC_0204.JPG

And to anyone who ever told me “Are you sure running is good for you?!” ๐Ÿ˜‰

DSC_0205.JPG

DSC_0207.JPG DSC_0206.JPG

After we had got our race numbers we walked around with Sassy and manfriend before going out to dinner. It was so great to meet Sassy and she is JUST like she seems on her blog. I remember when I started reading her blog about 2 years ago and thinking “Wow, this girl is such an awesome runner!” and it was super inspiring to me.

Now, here I am, running the same marathon as her! Even though I’ll probably finish an hour behind. Ha!

The three marathoners:

DSC_0209.JPG

And then we had an AMAZING pasta dinner with great company! I am sufficiently stuffed.

DSC_0210.JPG DSC_0211.JPG

I just can’t believe its here. So many months of hard work, early mornings, stretching, foam rolling, tears. Right now, I’d say I’m ready. I’m excited to do this.

DSC_0208.JPG

26.2 miles or bust!!!!!

PS: If you’re interested in tracking my progress you can do so HERE – my bib # is 1532!

1. Kerri Anne says:

Welcome to Portland! I (on behalf of the entire city, of course) hereby declare tomorrow will be rain-free, just for you. Also: GOOD LUCK.

My favorite sign my sister saw as she ran (and finished!) the Portland Marathon in 2008? “Your feet hurt because you’re kicking so much ass.”

YES. That.

2. liane says:

I love those shirts SO MUCH!

All the best tomorrow! YAY!

Way cool! Are you a fan of Twin Peaks? The opening was filmed at Snoqualmie Falls. Good luck tomorrow!!!!

4. Amber, have a great race tomorrow & have FUN! Believe in yourself!!!!!

5. Love those tshirts!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m so excited to hear how the marathon goes. Good luck tomorrow, and have fun! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. steph anne says:

Good luck tomorrow!!!! I’ll be thinking of you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Absolutely gorgeous falls- I have to get to that area of the world asap ๐Ÿ™‚
    So so so so excited to follow you guys today!!!!

Looks like you have had a great weekend adventure. Best wishes for a great race too!

9. Kyla Roma says:

I love being able to track you, thanks for the bib number!! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Have a great race! <3

It looks amazing – and so excited you went to a Target! (We’ll def. go again if you come in April). I’m tracking you right now – you’re halfway done! SO proud of you babe!

11. inkpuddle says:

Love the T-shirts. Good luck with the race!

12. Amber says:

I’m glad you’re having such a good time! Target is heaven on Earth! ๐Ÿ™‚

13. 4:45:22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so proud of you Amber!!!! I really am!!!!!!!!

A huge congratulations!!!!!!!! Look at how far you’ve come!!!!!!! รฎโ€žยฑรฎล’โ€™รฎโ€žโ€ขรฎยยฉรฎยยครฎโ€ลธรฎโ€žยฑ

14. Caz says:

Woohoo! I just checked your time online as I just woke up! Great job that’s awesome ๐Ÿ™‚

I did a 10km on 10-10-10 but definitely thought of you as I saw the marathoners run by.

x0x0

15. Emily Jane says:

This is awesome!! Those photos are FANTASTIC, and I am slightly jealous of your Target trip, as I’ve never been inside one and have always wanted to! Best of luck!!

16. YOU DID IT!! I just checked your time, you did INCREDIBLE!! Congrats! ๐Ÿ™‚

17. Lo says:

I love that shirt about dragging you across the finish line. That is hilarious! I can’t wait to hear about the RACE!!!

18. Jessica says:

You are so cute, do they have Target’s in Canada? And yes, Target beats Wal-Mart any day of the week (and twice on Sundays)

19. Target really is great … and those t-shirts are hilarious! Reminds me of the one I saw (and loved!) when running a half marathon … the back of some guys shirt said: This is the LAST time I ever sign up to do something in a bar! hahaha.

20. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

๐Ÿ™‚

Target is my most favorite favorite store! I dont know what i would do with out one either!!

22. shoshanah says:

Wal-mart and Target are so not anyway close to the same. I absolutely love Target and could easily spend hours there wandering the aisles. But Wal-mart I try my best to avoid if at all possible.