Portland Marathon Roadtrip: Seattle

Hi from Seattle!

The border crossing went so smoothly! We accidentally went down the “Nexus” lane – which is only for people who have special cards and have been screened by both the USA and Canadian governments. I just followed the blue car in front of me, I swear! We were driving along this lane thinking that maybe it was the wrong one since the other lanes were backed up almost 1/2 a mile and were getting really worried.

Anyways, we pull up to the border crossing, hand over our passports and plead innocence and the border guard lets us through! Yes!

So basically what should have taken us 45 minutes to an hour took five minutes!

Guess where we went as soon as we got to Seattle?

DSC_0090.JPG DSC_0093.JPG

Nom nom nom! It was super fast service, I was very impressed by the menu – prices and calories – and my vegetarian burrito was delish.

Chipotle: You get two thumbs up!

We went to the Chipotle by University of Washington so it was fun to explore that part of the city which had a totally different vibe than the other parts we were in. Very young and hip plus the campus was beautiful!

DSC_0099.JPG

After settling in at our hotel and relaxing a bit we headed out exploring.

On the agenda in Seattle was the Space Needle, Pike Place Market and the original Starbucks.

Our hotel is right beside the Space Needle:

DSC_0114.JPG DSC_0112.JPG

Very cool to see but we didn’t go up it!

Then we headed over to Pike Place Market, which was very fun and cool to walk around. Lots to see!

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0126.JPG

DSC_0149.JPG

DSC_0147.JPG DSC_0161.JPG

We wandered around the market for a few minutes before heading over the the Original Starbucks – this was what I was most excited to visit in Seattle!

DSC_0132.JPG

DSC_0136.JPG DSC_0142.JPG

We got two delicious Pumpkin Spice Lattes and I swear they were better than anywhere else I’ve had them! I also got a bag of coffee, which I may never open 😉

DSC_0143.JPG

We then wandered around town a little bit, did some shopping at Old Navy and visited a Borders and a Barnes and Nobles. After two nights of nice dinners in Vancouver we ate dinner at the food court in the mall and headed back to the hotel early. We are both a little tired from all the traveling.

Sadly, our trip to Seattle is not nearly long enough and we don’t get to see much of this great city. First thing tomorrow morning we are off to Portland.

Two freaking sleeps, you guys! We are both starting to get nervous!

See you from Portland 🙂

1. Jaime Runs says:

I’m so excited for you. I’ll be cheering for you on the east coast from NJ! xo

2. Enjoy Portland! Aside from San Fran, it’s my favourite US city. I try and go several times a year and the weather has always been gorgeous!

3. Ooh fun! Looks like you guys saw the major parts even though it was a short stay. You’ll have to come back sometime for an extended visit! 😉 I love being in new cities and just watching the people everywhere. See ya tomorrow!

4. Sarah Jio says:

Glad you had fun in Seattle! (My city!) I lived just down the hill from the University of Washington. 🙂

5. I love how you accidentally cheated the system on getting over the boarder… nice work!

Enjoy the weekend and I’m so excited for you! The race is soooo close!

6. Alicia says:

That looks like SUCH a fun trip so far!

Mmmm Chipotle makes me so hungry.

7. This sounds like the best trip ever!!! You are going to so many awesome places!!

8. Omg I can’t believe you went down the Nexus lane! And there’s no way out once you’re in there. I’ve always wondered what happens to the people that go down there by accident. 🙂

9. Sounds like you two are having such a fun adventure! I love all of your updates! You are the best lil blogger! Oooh don’t you LOVE Chipotle?! Yum, the vegetarian burrito is the best ever. They’re building a new location five minutes from my condo! So excited for you and your big day coming up! Woo hoo!!!!

10. Keri says:

So exciting! Good Luck! Enjoy Seattle….

11. I love that this marathon is even more then the marathon for you. You seem like you are having an awesome time. Good luck tomorrow!!!

I can totally see myself doing something of the same thing. Once, I accidentally made my way onto an Air Force base and they had to literally stop traffic to have me make a U-turn. Ha, so embarrassing! 🙂 Glad you made it across the border safely!

Your marathon is TOMORROW! Ah! I’m soooo excited & nervous for the two of you!

Seattle looks beautiful- I want to go SO bad! It looks like you guys are having a great time. I hope you are getting enough rest 🙂

Don’t be nervous, you are both going to be AWESOME tomorrow. I can’t WAIT for the race recaps!

Good, good 🙂 I just found the place to follow you and Lisa online. Do you know if there is a place I can get texts to my phone as you progress? With the time change I’m probably going to be out and about while you guys are running. Don’t worry if not though, I’ll just have to put the Blackberry to good use 🙂

• MissAmber says:

Unfortunately they don’t have the texting updates 🙁 But my # is 1532 and Lisa’s is 542!

15. Amanda says:

That looks so fun! And wishing much luck and speed on the marathon- you’ll do great 🙂

Amanda

16. shoshanah says:

I went to Seattle back in middle school, but I don’t really remember a lot of it. Except for mainly Pike Place Market. And I love the little sunglasses on the fish there! And in case I don’t have the chance to say so tomorrow, good luck!

17. tammy says:

Amber!! OMG, tomorrow is your FIRST MARATHON!!!!
    What is the time difference? And where do I go to track you?? We never did go through that…

GOOD LUCK to both of you!!!!

xox
    tam.

18. ens says:

looks like you’re having a great time!! good luck!!

19. abbi says:

I love how excited you look at Chipotle! Seattle looks like a blast. Don’t know if you’ll see this before the big event but BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND LISA!! Have a blast tomorrow!

Dude. Chipotle, Target, the original Starubucks – what a great trip! Thanks for blogging about it along the way!

I love seeing people visit my hometown! Glad you enjoyed Seattle. I’m sorry my fair city did not give you good weather for today’s Marathon. 🙁

looks like Seattle is the place to be! 🙂