Our Weekend

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes! Can’t believe how many lovely new readers stopped in to say hello!! Stop in more often, eh!? 😉

I had such a great weekend!

When I got back from Europe (i.e. ignoring Google Reader for 3 weeks) I spent four hours getting caught up!

Last night? I marked all as read. Sorry! Let me know if I missed anything important.

Here is our fabulous, relaxing, beautiful, fun weekend in few words and lots of pictures!

Ferry Ride.

DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0148.JPG

Reading and Relaxing.

DSC_0165.JPG

It was perfect!

How was your weekend?

Looks so perfect! The view is amazing and it was probably so refreshing to get away from it all for a few days!

2. Megan says:

What an amazing vacation! Sounds like you needed the relaxation, and I bet it was nice to unplug for a bit. 🙂

I wrote a post on Saturday about my first week of running if you want to take a look. 😀

It look incredible! Haha, and the expression on your face on the ferry was priceless – a little windy, huh? 🙂 So glad you had a great time!

4. abbi says:

Looks like a wonderful weekend! I definitely do the same thing with the google reader after being awhile for a bit…just easier to mark it all as read!

5. Emily Jane says:

This looks like just about the most perfect weekend ever 🙂 So glad you had a wonderful birthday!

6. Shannon says:

That looks amazing!!!!!! I’m so jealous – seriously, I am!

My birthday is next Monday…. I think I’ll ask for a nice weekend getaway too! Awesome!

7. that looks amazing!!

8. Mel says:

What a wonderful getaway!

9. I have to say that sometimes my G-Reader gets so overwhelming, I just make sure I hit my fave blogs and then I mark all as read, too. Shhh … no one will know! 😉

Looks like you had a fantastic time!

10. Tammy says:

Oh my Amber!! Looks like you had an amazing weekend!!

What a way to celebrate your Day of birth!! Just gorgeous pictures! (and I love how you always add pictures of food! I think of you quite often when I have a nice looking meal in front of me! haha)

My weekend was good, Kris and his parents came up to Regina, we had a nice dinner at Golf’s steak house and then went to the Casino to see Andy Kim. He sings Sugar sugar, the Archie song. And another one I can’t remember the name of. Then we made a nice donation to the casino… (gambling) and then played WII. Linda’s wii age is 75!!! It was great!
    Then Sunday, yesterday we all went to the Drive in Movie and seen Charlie St. Cloud. It was a fund raiser for his Aunt who has MS, she is going to Mexico in October to get stints put in her neck veins!! Its been helping SO many!
    And that about sums it up. Overall I would rate it an 8 out of a 10. 🙂

Have a wonderful Monday!!

xo
    tam.

11. Sometimes hitting MARK ALL READ is the most gratifying thing one can do! Especially after a weekend at such a gorgeous spot … I can’t imagine coming home and feeling the pressure to read and respond when you’ve just re-energized at a McCabin along the water!

I love, love, love that photo of you on the deck. You look so happy, which makes me soo happy =)

And the food + cabin + hot tub and everything else? I’m a little jealous. I’m glad you had a great time!

13. Jess says:

It looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Glad you were able to have some fun and still relax! Welcome back to the real world now 🙂

14. Einna says:

Wow, your weekend looks amazing.. looking at your pics, i have the urge to pack my bags and go a on little trip myself.

This weekend went by way too fast, I worked and did homework (how exciting huh?!) lol

Looks like a lot of fun! I didn’t know Eric did yoga …

• MissAmber says:

Ha! He doesn’t. This was one of those “look what I can do, can you do it?” moments and he had to prove to me that yes, he could in fact hold tree pose!

• Holly says:

🙂 Sounds like something Nathan would do …

• paige says:

Hehe, for a second I thought his shirt said “Team Edward”.
        Yoga AND Twilight. Dude is in touch with his softer side.
        (Wait! Don’t tell him I said that or he’ll never yoga again! Eric, if you read this– Real men do yoga 😉

16. H-woman says:

OMIGOD, I MUST go there!!

Looks like you had the perfect weekend!

=)

17. Leanne says:

Gorgeous! Sounds like the perfect weekend. 🙂

sounds like a fab weekend! 🙂

What a perfect looking weekend! Where exactly were you? San Juans?

When I did Hood to Coast a few weeks ago I was away from the computer for about 4 days. I had over 1000 items in my Google Reader. Talk about overwhelming!

20. BostonRunner says:

Looks like you had an amazing weekend! I’m so happy everything worked out and you got to kayak : ) I need to plan a weekend like this in the near future…

21. That cabin looks beautiful, inside and out. Sounds like a fun weekend. I looove ferry rides as well. P.S. Is Eric coming with you to the marathon? When do you get in to PDX?

Everything about your weekend looked wonderful 🙂

23. Heather C says:

The pic of you on the balcony is gorgeous 🙂 Glad you two had a good weekend! There’s a reason that “mark all as read” exists, haha, take advantage when you need a break!

24. Looks amazing. Glad you enjoyed your weekend. 🙂

25. this seriously looks like the best weekend ever! that cabin is so adorable and i love the kitchen!

Looks absolutely perfect! I don’t know myself if anything important happened because I have been busy 24/7…in fact yours is the first blog I’ve looked at today!

27. Jessica says:

Looks like a great weekend! Love the view and the food pictures. Delish.

28. First off – you look gorgeous in that photo where you are wearing the black top… Well, you look beautiful in all the pics, but that one especially!

Looks like an amazing weekend. I bet it was hard to come back to reality. i would not have wanted to leave if I was you! What an awesome get away! I love weekends like that. Looks like the perfect balance between being active, relaxing, and eating some really fan-freaking-tastic food!

29. Caz says:

Aw I love Bowen! looks like you had an AMAZING time.

I on the otherhand, arrived home early Thursday morning, went to work all jetlagged for 2 days, and then took 20 11-14 year olds camping in the woods for the weekend. FUN.

(Actually I lie, it was fun. But exhausting and draining and cold.)

30. shoshanah says:

The cabin looks so cozy. And the mussels look delicious. Yum! Glad to hear you had a nice and relaxing birthday weekend

31. That sounds like such a relaxing, and fun weekend!! I am glad you enjoyed it!!

Those sweet potato fries – OMG, do they ever look good!

32. Lindsay says:

Lovely! So glad you had fun 🙂

33. Carissa says:

looks wonderful! that view is stunning, too. glad you had a fun, relaxing birthday getaway! you deserved it 🙂

34. mandy says:

Your weekend looks so fabulous!! I love the cabin, the coziness of it, the pictures. You do look so icredibly happy. I’m glad that you and Eric were able to get this time away together. Sounds like a very relaxing, fulfilling weekend.

35. […] and I escaped to the ocean for the […]

36. […] I’m not sure why I was so mopey? Maybe because we had nothing big or *super exciting* planned like last year or maybe it’s the whole getting older thing, whatever it was I was not excited at all. But it […]

37. Rachel says:

Did you rent that cabin? It looks lovely!

38. […] were up bright and early to go on a kayaking tour! Eric and I had rented kayaks two years ago when we visited Bowen Island and loved it!! At first we were planning on each having our own single kayak but when we got there […]