Quick Update from Italy!

Hello from Italy! Sorry I’ve been a bad blogger! I have SO MUCH to tell you guys but no time so this will have to be quick.

1. We’ve been in Italy a week and for the most part we love it. We started in Venice last Friday, which we both LOVED and wish we could have spent more time in. Wandering the streets and taking a (very pricey!) Gondola ride were the highlights.

2. We then went on to Florence – not as great as Venice. At this point we’d been travelling a week, were fairly exhausted, and weren’t really in the mood for anymore museums/sights after Paris. It also poured rain the entire 1.5 days we were there. We did go to the Accademia and see the David sculpture (remarkable) but that was it.

3. Cinque Terre – the part of the trip I was most looking forward to was fun, breathtakingly beautiful and a disappointment at the same time. Disappointment because it POURED RAIN the entire two days we were there and we were unable to do the hike between the five villages because the trail was closed. I was SO upset about that. It was fun though because Cinque Terre – rain or shine – is seriously the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen! Luckily, the very last night we were there it cleared up enough for us to hike the very last leg of the trail – I have some beautiful pictures I can’t wait to share!

4. We are currently in Rome and getting ready to leave after only one night. Last night our hotel was broken into when we were out for dinner and our backpacks were torn apart. We came home to our stuff ALL OVER the room. They stole Erics credit card and drivers license, the only valuable things in the room – thank god we had our passports, money and cameras with us.

This morning was spent visiting the Canadian Embassy and attempting to file a police report. We then were able to make a quick trip to Vatican City -which was amazing. LOVED the Sistine Chapel – and in a couple of hours we are off to Naples and the Amalfi Coast. We are back in Rome on Monday for one night before flying to Athens and we may do more sightseeing then but to be honest we just have a bad taste in our mouths about Rome.

OK, must jet! Miss you lovelies lots. I am having a fabulous time but I am also exhausted from the stress of the last few days and travelling for two weeks straight! Hopefully a couple of days at the beach will cure it πŸ˜‰ XO

PS: Thanks for all the sweet comments on the Vlog πŸ˜€

Oh no, sorry to hear about your room getting broken into and Eric’s stuff being stolen. Did you end up getting anything worked out?

Sounds like you are having a fabulous time (minus the rain!). Can’t wait to see some pictures!

2. Oh, I’m so sorry your room was broken into. That totally sucks! Yes, good thing you had your camera…that would be a terrible loss!

Oh my word. I’m so sorry to hear that your room was broken into. What a nightmare. I am glad that you were able to get everything straightened out (or hopefully). Thinking of you and so incredibly jealous about your trip in Italy.

Travel safely and hopefully without incident the rest of the time.

xoxox

4. Emily Jane says:

I am so incredibly sorry to hear about the turds that broke into your room. Other than that it sounds like a wonderful time!! Stay safe!!

5. Jess says:

I’m so sorry to hear your hotel room got broken in to. I hope Eric was able to cancel his credit cards. What a headache, but at least you had your most important things with you.

6. That just totally sucks… I am glad you had your passports & cameras on you… Just ugly to have something like that happen to you and it can def leave a bad taste in your mouth about a city.

Thanks for the update! It’s great to hear what you are up to!

My postcard arrived yesterday and I must say – it totally made my day. πŸ™‚ I miss Paris so much, I was actually looking at airline tickets this week to see if I coudl maybe swing a trip there next spring to celebrate my 30th bday. I feel like I need to go back there! πŸ™‚

7. Oh wow, I can’t believe someone broke into your room. πŸ™

8. Have I mentioned recently how jealous I am?

Sorry about the break in, but other than that, things seem to be going wonderfully! πŸ™‚

Oh my gosh, that sucks about the break-in! It sounds like everything was able to be taken care of though so hopefully no crazy charges on Eric’s cards! Enjoy the rest of your trip – you’ll be home before you know it!

10. shoshanah says:

Just the fact that you’re taking any time to post while you’re on vacation officially makes you NOT a bad blogger.

But that’s awful about Eric’s wallet. Hopefully you’re able to get it all taken care of, but at least you still have your passports.

Aww I’m so sorry about your hotel being broken into! That’s terrible! I loved Rome but I didn’t really feel like it was safe and I was not nearly as unlucky as you! I can’t believe no one in the hotel noticed anything going on, seems like a bad place to break in! I hope your trip goes up a bit- bad weather on a vacation like this is NOT fair!

12. Kyla Roma says:

I can’t believe you were broken into! Thank goodness for keeping your (most) valuables on you. I’m sure that some beach time will help =)

13. Oh no – sorry to hear about the break in πŸ™ I am happy to hear that you are having a fabulous time though, and I hope you continue to – without any more mishaps!

I’m so sorry to hear about your hotel room being broken into! That puts a big damper on Rome. I hope the rest of your trip goes by a lot more smoothly, a lot more fun, and with a lot more sunshine!

15. Jessica says:

Wahhhhhhh!!!! I am so sad you had a bad experience in Rome. That’s how I feel about Paris. What hotel did you stay in?! That’s insane…I wonder how they broke in. Rome is the best and I’m seriously so sad for you! Glad everything else has been fun though.

16. […] the first two weeks of the month in Europe visiting Italy and […]

17. […] blog and Rick Steve’s books. I didn’t even use TripAdvisor once (which may be why we ended up in a shady hostel in Rome and got robbed) and often booked hotels/hostels based on price and their reviews on […]