Bonjour!

We have done SO much sightseeing the last two days in Paris I almost can’t believe it! We arrived late yesterday afternoon and to be honest our first impression of Paris wasn’t great – people were not very helpful and the language barrier was a lot worse then we thought it would be. Our French is minimal at best! After finally finding our hotel we crashed for a couple of hours before deciding that we would walk to the Eiffel Tower. Our hostel is a bit behind the Notre Dame Cathedral and on the map it didn’t look like that far of a walk but it definitely was. We walked along the Seine and it was about 12 kilometres to walk there and back.

Oh and did I mention I was wearing flip-flops? Cause I was! Hello, blisters!

The Eiffel Tower was breathtaking though.

And as if that wasn’t enough walking – today we walked around the Louvre for three hours before deciding to walk to the Arc de Triomphe (it didn’t LOOK that far). This tacked another four kilometres onto our feet. We decided to spend the money and take a cab back – our feet are TIRED!

OK, this french keyboard is incredibly hard to type on so now what you’ve all been waiting for: PICTURES!

Nutella crépe/cappucino = best breakfast ever!

dsc_0181

Outside the Louvre:

dsc_0196

dsc_0194

Mona Lisa – incredibly underwhelming but the other paintings in the Louvre were outstanding!

dsc_02131

Arc de Triomphe:

dsc_0275

Top of the Arcde Triomphe – I personally preferred this view over the one from the Eiffel Tower!

100_00211

Eiffel Tower!!

dsc_0173

Tomorrow we are going to the Notre Dame Cathedral, Saint Chapelle and Luxembourg Gardens. At 6:00 PM we fly to Venice!

See you from Italy!!

1. Megan says:

You look so happy to be there! I have never been out of the U.S., so I’m living through your photos! I can’t wait to see Venice. I want so badly to go to Italy.

2. Katie says:

Amber, these are awesome pics of you and the scenery and you and YOU! ! It looks like you two are having a ball and can’t wait to hear awesome stories, lady!

3. Sam says:

Sounds like you’re having a blast! I really really can’t wait to see pics from Italy. It’s my dream to go there!

4. Stacy O says:

I have alot of the same pictures lol! Did you ahve to fight your way to get to the Mona Lisa? I did… like a thousand Japanese tourists… haha….. and yes I agree…. very much underwelming…. we went on a boat tour down the river when I was there…. HIGHLY recommend it! Anyways hope your having fun!!

You look like you’re having a blast! Love the pics 🙂 I can’t wait to hear about Italy!!!

6. Tammy says:

Amber!!!

I love it!! You look amazing and I am so glad you are enjoying yourself. I love it!!!

Happy travels to Italy!!!

xo

Im glad you are having a great time. I hope you know I am living vicariously through you right now

8. AHHH…looks like SO much fun. Nutella inside anything in Paris is awesome. Glad you two are having so much fun.

9. sarah says:

Yeah, I totally agree w/ you about the Mona Lisa.

The winged nike & venus? I think? though, were breathtaking – I just sat & stared for a good 20 min. So lovely.

10. JEN says:

my oh my it looks like fabulous!!!!!! You guys look like your having a blast, have one of those yummy breakfast’s for me, they look devine!!!!!!!!
    XOXOXOX

11. I never realized how pretty Paris really looks.

12. erin says:

i’mnot a fan of paris either…. but yeah when you think things are close by – or not a bad walk, it’s usually a lot farther than you think! but walking is good – it cancels out all the eating you do!

I also love that 4th picture of you! looking gorgeous!!

ah venice. i loved venice!!!

13. Oh, it looks so beautiful there! I can’t wait to see more pictures. 🙂

Aw, you guys look amazing! In Italy the language barrier won’t be as tough, Eric and I knew about 3 words in Italian and had no problems…well we had ONE problem on the train but I think we were being stupid haha. You guys will love it. At least you know you can eat all you want since you are walking so much- just don’t forget your sneakers!

15. Cheryl says:

Love the pictures!!! I was so excited when you guys called! I want to go to Europe some day. You guys look awesome. Glad you’re having fun. Miss you guys.

16. Thanks for the recap! Sorry to hear the language barrier has been tough! That is how I felt in Germany! Makes it really frustrated.

You guys have really put on the miles! Wowsers! Well done, you. I bet your feet are so sore. You better treat yourself to a pedicure when you return.

Thanks for sharing photos of the love of my life. 🙂

17. BostonRunner says:

Woo! You look like you’re having so much fun! You soo deserve this! Enjoy it!

18. I’m glad you’re having so much fun already! Please promise to show us some more delish eats during your trip- I bet the food is out of this world!!!

Take care of those blisters. My go-to in that situation are my sassy hello kitty band aids…

19. Jessica says:

Amazing photos! Glad you guys are having fun. oh my gosh I wish I was there!!

Thanks for sharing these photos! It looks like you’re having an amazing time! And just think…all this walking has got to equal up to a few of those runs you do (and doing it in flip flops counts more). Au revoir!

21. mandy says:

I hope you are taking so many pictures to remember this trip and keeping a travel diary. It really does sound amazing.

22. H-woman says:

*sigh* I must get my boy over his fear of flying. SOON!

Enjoy!

23. Sooooo jealous!!!! You look very happy 🙂

Have fun!!!

24. Emily Jane says:

Ohhhhh you’re making me nostalgic! I’m glad you’re having such an amazing time… and yes, after I got back from Paris I totally started putting Nutella on EVERYTHING 🙂

25. Jess says:

It looks like you are having a blast!!! And with all that walking you’re doing I hope you’re enjoying all the yummy foreign food!

26. I love love love Paris. I was there last year in May for my honeymoon. You guys should take the metro there, instead of cabs. It’s pretty easy to figure out and relatively cheap!!!
    So odd to see you in sleeveless shirts. I was there 2 weeks later last year, and it was freezing and rainy!

27. samdotcom says:

Oh it looks like you two are having SUCH a great time! Enjoy the rest of your trip! Can’t wait to hear more!

28. Mel says:

I have heard the French are not terribly polite to foreigners! It all looks beautiful though! I’m so jealous!

oh my goodness. so jealous. so beautiful (both you & the city). Glad you’re having a lovely time! xoxox

30. Lindsay says:

YES. The view from the top of l’arc is my favourite view of Paris! Glad you agree.

31. love the picture of you outside the louvre!

32. Anais says:

LOL!!!!!!! The french keyboards!!! Totally forgot to warn you about those… I hate those too!!

33. nicole says:

ahhh!!! simply amazing!!! i love reading your vacay posts and seeing your pictures! i’m SO jealous!

34. Carissa says:

sounds like your footsies are going to need some TLC soon but I’m glad to hear you are having a wonderful time and seeing so many outstanding sights! thanks for sharing the pictures with us. I’ve never been to Europe, so I like living vicariously through you! 🙂 and, um, that breakfast looks DIVINE! have I mentioned I LOVE Nutella? haha.

p.s. that pic of you in front of the Eiffel Tower is amazing!

35. You´re there!!! So glad you have gotten to do so much awesome stuff already… I agree that there is probably no better breakfast (or lunch, or dinner, or snack) in the world, than a nutella crepe in Paris. Glad you are having an amazing time, can´t wait to hear more! Hope you check off some of the stuff on that list I gave you 🙂 Haha. Safe travels!!!!

36. LiLu says:

I totally slept on the Champs-Élysées once.

Don’t tell anyone. 😉

37. Jessica says:

You look GORGEOUS, doll!

I didn’t like Paris much, but I’m glad you’re having a good time.

38. shoshanah says:

When I spent my month in France back in 2005, I got to be a pro at using a french keyboard. To the point that I had to actually readjust when I came back home.